Devante Adams watch thread

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, roi34 said:

He's very good, but I think Carr is very good too. Brady on Raiders was useless move, we wouldnt of won last year with Brady either. Again... Vs phins, Carr drives down and wins game defense finds way to blow it in like 40 secs. 

Vs KC Carr takes a late drive and scores. Mahomes drives on Defense and beats us. right there is the playoffs... believe there was 1-2 other games it happened too. SD comes to mind without Carr. 

Defense needs to be fixed before any QB wins here. Carr is the least of my concerns. 

Here is the thing with Brady.  The blowup that Agholor had last year would not have taken place.  Brady would have brought the business attitude and influenced the entire team.  Not just the offense.  Brady would get more respect in the locker room than Gruden.  Not saying we win it all but our young guys would have seen how to act and listened.  I thin Carr tries to do the same but his words do not carry the same weight.  Rodgers and Wilson would have a good impact also but a player like Watson would fall in the Carr category.  You have to prove yourself first.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Here is the thing with Brady.  The blowup that Agholor had last year would not have taken place.  Brady would have brought the business attitude and influenced the entire team.  Not just the offense.  Brady would get more respect in the locker room than Gruden.  Not saying we win it all but our young guys would have seen how to act and listened.  I thin Carr tries to do the same but his words do not carry the same weight.  Rodgers and Wilson would have a good impact also but a player like Watson would fall in the Carr category.  You have to prove yourself first.

🎯🎯🎯🎯 People underestimate the Brady effects. Someone like him is exactly what we’re missing someone who commands respect and accountability. Don’t forget bucs started slow but Brady effect kicked in. We’re too young of a team to not have proven vet leadership. I agree carr prolly tries but it’s hard to demand respect when you’re making rookie mistakes yourself. 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

🎯🎯🎯🎯 People underestimate the Brady effects. Someone like him is exactly what we’re missing someone who commands respect and accountability. Don’t forget bucs started slow but Brady effect kicked in. We’re too young of a team to not have proven vet leadership. I agree carr prolly tries but it’s hard to demand respect when you’re making rookie mistakes yourself. 

I think if Carr can get a couple deep runs in the playoffs his words will have a greater affect but until you do something people will tune you out quickly.

16 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

there is a Brady effect but.. Brady wasn't making our talent or coaching on defense better. and stop acting like TB isn't loaded with talent especially on offense. Defense is young and super fast. 

TB shut down mahomes .. Brady got bailed out by defense vs GB as well. he was awful in 2nd half 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, roi34 said:

there is a Brady effect but.. Brady wasn't making our talent or coaching on defense better. and stop acting like TB isn't loaded with talent especially on offense. Defense is young and super fast. 

TB shut down mahomes .. Brady got bailed out by defense vs GB as well. he was awful in 2nd half 

Meh I’ve seen interviews with bucs defensive players who said Brady made them believe in themselves. True greats make people around them better. But we will never know. 

best Brady quote was from some young buc who won his first playoff game and was crying on the field. Brady walks up to him like “wtf you crying for get up we have more work to do”. The guy was like that’s the difference. Brady effect anything less than a championship is a failure and he learned that’s why Brady is so great it’s that winning mentality that’s infectious. Right now our mediocre mentality has infected the whole team. We’re happy with a winning season it’s not the same.

17 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh I’ve seen interviews with bucs defensive players who said Brady made them believe in themselves. True greats make people around them better. But we will never know. 

best Brady quote was from some young buc who won his first playoff game and was crying on the field. Brady walks up to him like “wtf you crying for get up we have more work to do”. The guy was like that’s the difference. Brady effect anything less than a championship is a failure and he learned that’s why Brady is so great it’s that winning mentality that’s infectious. Right now our mediocre mentality has infected the whole team. We’re happy with a winning season it’s not the same.

I get what your saying, I'm just saying I don't think Brady alone was bringing us to SB. 

2 hours ago, roi34 said:

I get what your saying, I'm just saying I don't think Brady alone was bringing us to SB. 

I think Brady would have had a huge impact on the entire team but I agree we would not have made it to the SB.  We would have starting changing how we approach the game as a team though.  Even Abram might have shut his mouth and listened for once.

Just now, drfrey13 said:

I think Brady would have had a huge impact on the entire team but I agree we would not have made it to the SB.  We would have starting changing how we approach the game as a team though.  Even Abram might have shut his mouth and listened for once.

I can agree there, still.. Carr can win here pretty easy with a decent defense and that will change dynamic too. 

just have a middle of road defense that's all

1 minute ago, roi34 said:

I can agree there, still.. Carr can win here pretty easy with a decent defense and that will change dynamic too. 

just have a middle of road defense that's all

He can win with a better defense but he will not have a leaders impact until he shows he is willing to carry the team.  When you show that you can carry the team then the players start believing in you and will do things they normally would not.  Carr takes us to the SB in 2016, big if, 2017 turns out differently even after the WTF game.  Whatever Carr and JDR said would carry more weight and maybe the season does not implode.  Then maybe we do not trade Mack or hire Gruden.  We would still have to deal with RM panicking in the first 2 rounds of the draft but at least he did not throw away cap space like Gruden and Mayock have.

38 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

He can win with a better defense but he will not have a leaders impact until he shows he is willing to carry the team.  When you show that you can carry the team then the players start believing in you and will do things they normally would not.  Carr takes us to the SB in 2016, big if, 2017 turns out differently even after the WTF game.  Whatever Carr and JDR said would carry more weight and maybe the season does not implode.  Then maybe we do not trade Mack or hire Gruden.  We would still have to deal with RM panicking in the first 2 rounds of the draft but at least he did not throw away cap space like Gruden and Mayock have.

Are there any players on our team that’s won a ring? Or is it the blind leading the blind?

On 7/26/2021 at 1:43 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

What am I missing here?  How is this contrary to the reports that have him coming back to GB for this season?  I see nothing contradictory being said here. 

Did Rogers not tell Bakhetari that he is coming back?  Who cares.

To me it seems that he's implying, as one of Rodgers best friends, that the rumor is false. 

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Are there any players on our team that’s won a ring? Or is it the blind leading the blind?

Only one with a ring that I know of is Gruden so no players.  I believe the only one to play in a Super Bowl is Solomon Thomas.

14 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

so if Carr drives us down late in playoffs to take lead, then defense blows it. it's still his fault?