2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

I think if I'm drafting anybody it'd be Carson Strong, but I dont feel confident in it. 

But he at least as the arm talent and accuracy at least from what I've seen. Plus he's young and is coming off an injury so you hope hes better than what he was able to show last year. Even though he looked good you have that hope he'll be even better further removed from Surgery. 

but he's not a sure enough thing for me to want to deal with the immaturity Baker may have if you bring him in. 

I’m %100 on the Strong bandwagon. Baker needs someone to clean his cleats in the inclement weather here in C-Town. QB class reign supreme!

On 2/6/2022 at 4:54 PM, mtmmike said:

To be honest Mayfield numbers are better than Eli Manning 

That is all I expect out of are qb.

How about Matthew stafford I want all the haters say no to extending him Tuesday Morning Dog GIF by GIPHY Studios OriginalsLet him go  do not let him play a single down after his 4th year.

Edited by mtmmike
stupid

This game was a perfect example that Franchise and Teams win super bowls and not players

Matt Stafford gets away from the Lions for one year and immediately wins it all. It wasn’t even a special year for him. He’s had several years as good or better. 

If Tom Brady played for the Lions the last 20 years he has zero titles and nobody considers him the GOAT. If Stafford was on a team this good for the last 12 years he might have 3 or 4 super bowl wins by now and be considered an all time great or even GOAT candidate even though he’s been a top 5-10 QB for a decade and never a top 3 guy. 

Browns need to fix the poison that surrounds their team. And as fans we need to fix ourselves because we are toxic and part of the problem. Fans frequently blame their best players for not being good enough when they are the least deserving of any blame. 

Living in Detroit for 10 years the way the fanbase and media treated Stafford was absolutely cancerous and it held the franchise back. Staffords a better player than Big Ben or Eli Manning or Phillip Rivers for instance but he dealt with an angry miserable support structure. 

Browns fans need to look in a mirror. If I was a star player I would absolutely not want to play here. 

12 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Browns fans need to look in a mirror. If I was a star player I would absolutely not want to play here. 

I see comments like these posted and they make zero sense.

As a fan, I do not block, catch a pass, kick a field goal, coach, draw up a game plan.

What you’re doing is what’s wrong with society at large: Looking for somebody else to blame.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

As a fan, I do not block, catch a pass, kick a field goal, coach, draw up a game plan.

LOL. That entire grumpy old man rant is everything wrong with society. Let's all feel bad for a guy who makes millions of dollars who was taken #1 overall who hasn't lived up to expectations. Poor Baker, it's clearly our fault as fans for holding him to some semblance of competency for what he does as a professional. Give me a break.

Oh by the way, let me cherry pick the narrative here. It's also definitive proof that having a viable Franchise QB, so long as you have a basic threshold of organizational competence (see: The Rams) can bring you from a solid playoff team to a Super Bowl champ by getting rid of Jared Goff and acquiring a Top 5-10 QB in the NFL if the other pieces are in place.

Comparing the Browns and their fans to an organization that watched Barry Sanders and Megatron retire early is completely disingenuous. 

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

What you’re doing is what’s wrong with society at large: Looking for somebody else to blame.

dead poets society GIF

8 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Name me a franchise (who actually cares about their team) that isn't disgruntled when their QB plays poorly?  

Name me a franchise, in any sport, that isn't disgruntled when their star athlete at any position plays poorly.

21 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m blaming browns fans ie myself.

I saw Lions fans drive Stafford out, say he sucks, say he’s a choker, say he can never win a super bowl 

they are the exact same people as we are. They were wrong the whole time and make things harder on their team. 

listen to Haden when he talks about Browns vs Steelers and how there’s no pressure playing in Pittsburgh because it’s not a miserable stressful toxic environment 

Browns will literally be more successful if their fans cared less. No reason to let this team bring you down.