2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

7 hours ago, cortes02 said:

Does anyone else feel a little worried that Baker may try to do too much next season due to being on the final year of his contract?  I just have this feeling that he's going to try to play hero ball to prove to not only the Browns, but the media and anti-Baker fans as well that he is a true franchise QB and deserves a massive new contract.  If Stefanski goes back to the run heavy scheme like many want him to do and gives Baker limited opportunities through the air, will Baker try to hit the home run ball every time to help his stats?  I just think Baker may try too hard which will ultimately hurt him and the team as a whole.

Peace!!! 

Do you mean like he has done so often to this point?

Probably a given.

A leopard can't change its spots.

6 hours ago, JDD said:

Give him easier throws for yards

He always has had easier throws for yards.

The problem is that his bent is to go for the splash/home run play.

To be a hero.

Someone needs to impress on him that "he isn't in (Oklahoma) anymore". 

59 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

In theory that sounds great. Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisberger were at about 2-1 for their careers. We need a 50% better version of them to give a QB a 2nd contract.

And when we have a quarterback throw for 300-400 yards per game in a season or approach 50 TD with a bunch more attempts then we can cherry pick names that don’t fit the context of what we were saying about a guy we are asking to throw 20-28 times a game. 

15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

And when we have a quarterback throw for 300-400 yards per game in a season or approach 50 TD with a bunch more attempts then we can cherry pick names that don’t fit the context of what we were saying about a guy we are asking to throw 20-28 times a game

Those pretty much were his stats last year in college.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

And when we have a quarterback throw for 300-400 yards per game in a season or approach 50 TD with a bunch more attempts then we can cherry pick names that don’t fit the context of what we were saying about a guy we are asking to throw 20-28 times a game. 

Manning averaged 300 yards per game once in his career, with the Broncos. Ben 3 times in 18 seasons.

I don't think specific numbers are important. We need our QB to do whatever it takes to win. We will know what we need to know when we see it.

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Manning averaged 300 yards per game once in his career, with the Broncos. Ben 3 times in 18 seasons.

I said throw for, not average. He consistently did throw for 300+ yards per game while averaging over 270 and completing over 65% of his passes, averaging over 2 TD per game and throwing over 35 passes per game. The entire context of what I said was missed here.

Baker has a 1.5 TD per game to 0.9 INT per game ratio in his career, and that's subpar to go with a 61.6% completion percentage.

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't think specific numbers are important. We need our QB to do whatever it takes to win. We will know what we need to know when we see it.

And like I said, those Red Zone and efficiency numbers, not to mention 4th quarter data need to improve this year. If he is 25 TD and 10 INT but great dropping back outside of playaction, is even competent in the 4th Quarter (he hasn't been since his rookie year), and puts up TD in the Red Zone (Even in his good 2020 he was 15th in Red Zone efficiency) then that's a positive sign.

If we get more of the same in those areas, that's cause for major concern.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Don’t ever change.

Oh let's cut him his wife stuck up for him

Sorry guys I like my 5 feet 2 inch 90 lb

Mexican wife to stick for me.

I offered her a rock 2 times for sticking up for me.

Due I need to resign as a fan because my wife sticks up for me?🙂😀