2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

I think we already know that Baker and the Mrs. really get caught up in their feelings.  Knowing this...I don't think the FO would pursue Watson, and then fall back on Baker if it fails.  Their plan B is another QB out there, and or making a play in this year or next year's draft!

Maybe that’s the plan?  Put a big old chip on his shoulder for 2022.

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

If we don’t get Watson I see no reason we shouldn’t be able to run it back with Baker. 

Dude there’s nobody on earth who thinks Baker is better than Watson even Baker. 

If we don’t get him we can stay we looked into what we thought may be an upgrade at the position. That’s Andrews freaking job. 

Yeah it’s berry’s job but it also runs the risk if it doesn’t work out you just ruined your relationship with the player already on your roster.

I strongly believe baker won’t be the QB next year and that’s with the idea that the browns won’t get Watson

having Berry and Stef both go down to visit Watson is a telling sign IMO. If your baker why would you want to play for a team that doesn’t want you? Might as ask to be traded for a team that potentially see a future in you, so you can have a better chance during your contract year.

i just pray they don’t get Watson…sucks tho because we are back to looking for a QB

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Maybe that’s the plan?  Put a big old chip on his shoulder for 2022.

For the benefit of his next team… 

dude is going to get traded and then bite us in the arse every chance he gets 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What are the odds we move on from Baker regardless?

Like, trade him for a pick and bring in another vet or draft a rookie?  Seemed almost unthinkable like 2 days ago, but the FO is clearly not all in.

Is this just a matter of Watson being an incredible opportunity that’s too good not to take a shot at, or has he just worn out his welcome?

Probably both.

Plus the entire litany of reasons @MWil23 regularly rattled off before he became a Mayfield Sybil.

3 minutes ago, bruceb said:

You have wandered quite a bit at times from your previous constant condemnation of him.

Really? Not at all. I don’t think he’s the answer but me not wanting Watson has nothing to do with endorsing Baker. That’s ludicrous. It’s not linear.

Jordan Love would be my preference if they’re not going to keep Baker.

Still just 23, prototypical size and is a much better athlete than Baker.  Has spend 2 years being groomed behind one of the best and by a quality organization.

Wouldn’t be cheap most likely, but I’d take him over a retread tbh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Jordan Love would be my preference if they’re not going to keep Baker.

Still just 23, prototypical size and is a much better athlete than Baker.  Has spend 2 years being groomed behind one of the best and by a quality organization.

Wouldn’t be cheap most likely, but I’d take him over a retread tbh.

I could see him going for a third. I don't think he's the guy, but it would be cool if he was. Seems like a good kid, strong arm and mobile as well like you mentioned.

• Like 1