2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think they’re gonna get a one year rental and draft a QB in ‘23 or maybe find a viable longer term option like Carr

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I 100% don’t see a rebuild happening.

They cannot/will not rebuild until everything blows up this year in 2022. Then they'll have no choice but to completely overhaul the FO and Coaching Staff.

...and by "no choice", I mean that's what Jimmy is going to do as opposed to being rational.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think they’re gonna get a one year rental and draft a QB in ‘23 or maybe find a viable longer term option like Carr

That 1 year rental is Baker, so if that was the plan why not just stay the course

Just now, JDD said:

That 1 year rental is Baker, so if that was the plan why not just stay the course

Some of the rumors and rumblings are that it may be Baker who is unhappy and driving a lot of this.

Also rumblings he and Stefanski’s issues are worse than what we’ve seen.

No clue if any of it is true.

Ya Haslam certainly doesn't get the benefit of the doubt, and Berry does.  But if we aren't certain which of the 2 (or both) are making the decision to move on from Baker (if that's truly the case) then does it matter?

Haslam says "we need to move on from Baker"  fans:  "Trash meddling owner"

Berry/Stefanski says "we need to move on from Baker"  fans:  Smart dudes....they know what they're talking about

• Like 2

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

Ya Haslam certainly doesn't get the benefit of the doubt, and Berry does.  But if we aren't certain which of the 2 (or both) are making the decision to move on from Baker (if that's truly the case) then does it matter?

Berry/Stefanski says "we need to move on from Baker"  fans:  Smart dudes....they know what they're talking about

It would matter in a sense because I would trust that Berry has a plan in place. I can't say the same for Haslam.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Because Im convinced something else happened last year behind the scenes where they were forced to make this decision.

Sounds like there’s a lot more to the Baker/Stefanski split than what’s been reported

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I mean, yeah.  

Berry and Stefanski are the GM and coach and do this professionally.

Haslam is a rich guy who knows how to have a gas station with lots of urinals. 

I trust the evaluations and decisions of the nerds far more than I do a guy who’s only good move to date has been hiring nerds.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, yeah.  

Berry and Stefanski are the GM and coach and do this professionally.

Haslam is a rich guy who knows how to have a gas station with lots of urinals. 

I trust the evaluations and decisions of the nerds far more than I do a guy who’s only good move to date has been hiring nerds.

But the outcome is the same......

Edited by big poppa pump
i get it...one would of been thought out, and the other would be making an uneducated decision...again..outcome is the same
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Past track record matters. Bullying your FO and coaching staff into drafting Johnny Manziel contrary to their draft board matters. Meddling in other areas and being overtly manipulated by Hue Jackson matters.

Stefanski salvaged Baker 2 years ago and helped lead this team to a playoff win.

This FO has masterfully navigated the cap and reloaded the roster with talent in free agency, trades, and the draft.

One party deserves the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise and one deserves indictment as he is still pulling strings behind the scenes, and we've been down this road before with a meddling owner.

JMHO

9 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Edited 6 minutes ago by big poppa pump
i get it...one would of been thought out, and the other would be making an uneducated decision...again..outcome is the same

I'd say the odds of the outcome being better are if it's being driven by the nerds, and, let's not forget, both can be true.

The reality is, if the nerds and HC's jobs are on the line with the owner, they really have zero choice, even if this decision is wrong and they know it.

Do the right thing and setup someone else for success, or do the wrong thing and have a chance of it working out and being retained.

9 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I don’t think many people are as upset about outcome as they are about how we may be arriving at it.

Like you said, one is thought out and fact based and the other could be something as absurd as a homeless guy told him Baker ain’t it.

• Like 1