2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

24 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

We will add 5 guys for 8 million in the draft. That takes it to 32. It will largely be the bottom of the roster not the top of it too. Thay doesnt bother me too much

We will be losing Ward (tag) and Njoku. 

We still need 21 players to get to 53 and that will be 20 million if they are all scrubs. And yes we will rework guys to get that 20 million but we're talking starters,backups and spot starters. Also kicker/punter but they should be cheap, well we need them to be.

It will be a challenge is all I'm saying. If it wasn't the richest owners (or most profitable) would dominate the league every year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

If we had 18 million we could probably get another couple of free agents. 

If it meant fuller and a dt for a year I think it would be worth selling him off for a 6th to Seattle.

No sense going all in like that for this year if Watson has a long suspension.  We need to wait and see what that is.  If no suspension, yeah, get Baker out and sign guys

1 minute ago, duke2056 said:

No sense going all in like that for this year if Watson has a long suspension.  We need to wait and see what that is.  If no suspension, yeah, get Baker out and sign guys

If they don’t resign Clowney, that will tell me they’re thinking longer term.

It could also mean they draft a WR to grow and develop chemistry with Watson using their first pick.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If they don’t resign Clowney, that will tell me they’re thinking longer term.

It could also mean they draft a WR to grow and develop chemistry with Watson using their first pick.

I have a feeling we will take a WR round 2.  It makes an abundance of sense this year.  The value is there

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

I have a feeling we will take a WR round 2.  It makes an abundance of sense this year.  The value is there

A lot can happen, but this is where I’m trending.

The front office wants to fix this passing offense no matter what.

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

A lot can happen, but this is where I’m trending.

The front office wants to fix this passing offense no matter what.

Disagree.

Even if we resign Clowney we will need edge or interior DL help.

The FO will get another WR in addition to Cooper.

But I think the focus in the draft will be on D, and a K.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Disagree.

Even if we resign Clowney we will need edge or interior DL help.

The FO will get another WR in addition to Cooper.

But I think the focus in the draft will be on D, and a K.

It's one pick.  They can pick D after.

In the early-mid 2nd I would bet almost anything the value right there is WR

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

@Thomas5737

A restructure on Garrett pretty much organizes our cap for next year.

Well we owe him like 117 over the next 4 years so how would we rework it to save that much and just not be in the same boat the following year? We could add voided years (shouldn't be allowed by any team) but that will still count against us in those years and if we want to extend him it will be added to those years.

Yeah we can push some down the road but the more you do the less you can do for other guys and it will eventually catch up to you. We just aren't going to do much free agent spending if you ask me.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well we owe him like 117 over the next 4 years so how would we rework it to save that much and just not be in the same boat the following year? We could add voided years (shouldn't be allowed by any team) but that will still count against us in those years and if we want to extend him it will be added to those years.

Yeah we can push some down the road but the more you do the less you can do for other guys and it will eventually catch up to you. We just aren't going to do much free agent spending if you ask me.

Nothing wrong with going all in for the next 5 years then let a couple cap hell years hit.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

If we have a qb, coverage, a few targets, a pass rusher and an oline then we dont need a whole else do we?

We just consistently need to get picks right in the mid rounds, and more picks in the rounds of 2-5 to complete our team building. 

We need a replacement for delpit, jj3 in the next year or two. 

We need a new gaurd the year after that

5 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

It's one pick.  They can pick D after.

In the early-mid 2nd I would bet almost anything the value right there is WR

More likely edge per their guardrails.

Unless Williams falls enough that they can trade up to get him.