2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I'm so glad that O.J. didn't recommend that we simply cut Baker. That would have been a little awkward. Although Andrew Berry's 2023 book, "If I Cut Him" would be a page turner.  #Browns77Z8Y6MQ2oOmeKHMngB8Otr7aN4VCPWp9T4y84js_yocQ6EnMjQw1QNdXElgMiaREFfQcXNIU4itFgyULDWa6OAlOHmCHVaDoQ3cBjb62ZENzOoNbtpCSlI7EodxghQ2VDFF0MpX_syigPKdAA #NFL

I don't think anyone really cares what O.J. has to say anymore but he was a legend and Kordell Stewart shouldn't have stolen his nickname.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

It would have to be 24 million for that trade

That would be like paying 24 million for a 6th round pick. Comp picks would probably be 3rd and 4th if we just let them walk so you're just gaining positions in the 3rd and 4th for 24 million... that's bad business.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If I was a bad team, I’d absolutely trade for Baker.

The problem is that several teams are tanking.

Yeah, that's a big part of it. Tank and draft the best rookie (hopefully) and have them locked up pretty cheap for 5 years or, at this point anyway, trade for a QB who isn't recovered from surgery yet who needs a 2nd contract.

There aren't many bad teams who are a QB away from being a contender so it's pointless to win 7 or 8 games instead of 2 or 3 when you are trying to build.

The contenders are all pretty set at QB. Pittsburgh was the one real exception but we weren't trading him there and they drafted a 1st round QB.

The college game changing to a passing league changed the dynamic.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If I was a bad team, I’d absolutely trade for Baker.

The problem is that several teams are tanking.

His floor is higher than drew locks ceiling. I don’t understand what Seattle is doing. They’ve even said geno freaking smith is qb1 right now. Unless they’re tanking it’s just a dumb plan. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, that's a big part of it. Tank and draft the best rookie (hopefully) and have them locked up pretty cheap for 5 years or, at this point anyway, trade for a QB who isn't recovered from surgery yet who needs a 2nd contract.

There aren't many bad teams who are a QB away from being a contender so it's pointless to win 7 or 8 games instead of 2 or 3 when you are trying to build.

The contenders are all pretty set at QB. Pittsburgh was the one real exception but we weren't trading him there and they drafted a 1st round QB.

The college game changing to a passing league changed the dynamic.

The Browns are paying the price for not locking up Mayfield after his 95 qb rating and a playoff win.

The price is high we are 7 million over the cap 

Free agents 

Conklin will sign north of 10 mill

Greedy 10 million 

Njoku 12 million 

Mayfield may reset the market if he is totally unattached. 

2 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

The Browns are paying the price for not locking up Mayfield after his 95 qb rating and a playoff win.

The price is high we are 7 million over the cap 

Free agents 

Conklin will sign north of 10 mill

Greedy 10 million 

Njoku 12 million 

Mayfield may reset the market if he is totally unattached. 

Mike…. Where are you getting your numbers from….?

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 6:24 AM, sdrawkcab321 said:

His floor is higher than drew locks ceiling. I don’t understand what Seattle is doing. They’ve even said geno freaking smith is qb1 right now. Unless they’re tanking it’s just a dumb plan. 

Tanking