• Suns in 4
    • Suns in 5
    • Suns in 6
    • Suns in 7
    • Lakers in 4
    • Lakers in 5
    • Lakers in 6
    • Lakers in 7

Could be the best series of the playoffs tbh. It really sucks it has to happen in the first round.

Lebron & the old heads vs Booker & the up & coming Suns w/ their great consistent veteran leader Chris Paul.

I think the Lakers find a way to win this series but it won’t be easy. Lakers in 7.

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Could be the best series of the playoffs tbh. It really sucks it has to happen in the first round.

Lebron & the old heads vs Booker & the up & coming Suns w/ their great consistent veteran leader Chris Paul.

I think the Lakers find a way to win this series but it won’t be easy. Lakers in 7.

If the Lakers can win 1 or both of the first games in Phoenix they'll flip home court advantage.

• Like 1

First time I’ve ever seen a 7th seed favored in Vegas. They aren’t favored by much though, -110 for Lakers, +150 for the Suns last time I checked. Which is basically Vegas saying they think the Lakers have about a 53-54% chance of winning the series. 

Personally, I think the Suns are gonna pull it out and surprise some people. That crowd is ready. The team is pumped. And if they make it to Game 7, that crowd will be 2007 Warrior type crowd (even though I think it’s still limited correct?). Those Phoenix fans are starving. 

Should be a hell of a series. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

First time I’ve ever seen a 7th seed favored in Vegas. They aren’t favored by much though, -110 for Lakers, +150 for the Suns last time I checked. Which is basically Vegas saying they think the Lakers have about a 53-54% chance of winning the series. 

Personally, I think the Suns are gonna pull it out and surprise some people. That crowd is ready. The team is pumped. And if they make it to Game 7, that crowd will be 2007 Warrior type crowd (even though I think it’s still limited correct?). Those Phoenix fans are starving. 

Should be a hell of a series. 

Has to be the first time in history that the 7th seed is the favorite to win the conference.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Has to be the first time in history that the 7th seed is the favorite to win the conference.

They are favored to win the conference? They are barely favored to beat the Suns, it’s very close. 

Edited by BayRaider

Just now, BayRaider said:

They are favored to win the conference? They are barely favored to beat the Sun, it’s very close. 

Yeah. Before the playoffs they were +200 to win the conference and second behind the Nets at +375 to win the title.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah. Before the playoffs they were +200 to win the conference and second behind the Nets at +375 to win the title.

This series is basically like a Conf Semi-Final and we get it a round early. Both teams are better than the Nuggets/Trail Blazers

Edited by BayRaider

I think these two teams will split the first two games. Lakers will win either Game 1 or Game 2. Same thing will happen in Game 3 and 4, they will split. 

Then the home team wins the rest of the series. 

Something like:

Game 1: Suns

Game 2: Lakers

Game 3: Lakers

Game 4: Suns

Game 5: Suns

Game 6: Lakers

Game 7: Suns

Though if the Lakers take Game 1, I’m just gonna take the Suns in Game 2. 

Think you have to favor the Lakers in this series and they should be favored to win it. Suns have to show they can play in the playoffs with that young team. I do like them tomorrow to win though. LeBron will take this first game as a feel out game and not be full throttle. Suns dont win tomorrow I worry that this could be a quick series. 

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Think you have to favor the Lakers in this series and they should be favored to win it. Suns have to show they can play in the playoffs with that young team. I do like them tomorrow to win though. LeBron will take this first game as a feel out game and not be full throttle. Suns dont win tomorrow I worry that this could be a quick series. 

Yeah I feel with it being a game 1 and and an early start time (aren’t ankles/joints usually more stiff in the morning?) that there is a good chance Suns grab game 1. Hopefully we come out with more focus and intensity than that Warriors game cause I’ll be wanting to strangle someone (in theory) or throw my remote again if we do. But, I think you are right that them getting out early with the win is critical to them winning this series or at least pushing it to 7 games. 

58 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The thing that worries me the most for the Suns in this series is that they have literally zero size behind Ayton.

I mean that’s the obvious. 

"I'm looking forward to seeing those two guys anchoring the floor together, even if it's for stints," said Jones after the 2020 NBA Draft about Smith and Ayton. "We talk about teams like the Lakers, those are teams that have great size, skill and versatility. You talk about teams like Denver, they have great size, skill and versatility. And so we'll have to match and exceed that if we want to continue this journey that we're on to become a powerhouse in the West."

Is Jalen Smith gonna get some burn at some point in the playoffs? 🤔

Drummond was actually kinda solid on Curry in PnR. He did what he needed to do, but CP3 is a master in PnR and think they’ll throw him in it constantly and try to rack up fouls. Not to mention Ayton is different than Green as the roll man. We’ll see how he does, but at least if they do get him in foul trouble I might get to see a minute of Marc Gasol this time.... possibly by the 3rd quarter cause it be taking till he has 4 fouls to see Gasol sometimes lol.

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Drummond was actually kinda solid on Curry in PnR. He did what he needed to do, but CP3 is a master in PnR and think they’ll throw him in it constantly and try to rack up fouls. Not to mention Ayton is different than Green as the roll man. We’ll see how he does, but at least if they do get him in foul trouble I might get to see a minute of Marc Gasol this time.... possibly by the 3rd quarter cause it be taking till he has 4 fouls to see Gasol sometimes lol.

Drummond's certainly not a graceful offensive player and sometimes you wonder how he got a shot to drop. Graceful like Kareem he's not - and - now that LBJs and AD are both back, there's spacing issues that the regular season didnt have - but - I'll take his 15 rebounds and points a game. That works for me. He's not a massive shot blocker - but at least he's a presence in the paint. A deterrent - which isnt the case with Gasol who gets run at continually. Gasol comes in, the other team starts practicing their layups.  

Perhaps "Playoff Gasol" will be different. Perhaps with the regular season behind us and a finite future - his energy level and efficiency will remain high. I'll allow hope to spring eternal. He certainly fixes the spacing issue but that doesnt help clearing the boards.   

Defense, rebound and run. One and done. Thats when the Lakers are clicking.

Vogel's gonna mix and match his lineups based on who we're playing and I suspect we'll see a fair amount of AD at the 5 spot - but Drummond's got value in my book. He's this roster's version of Dwight - minus the shot blocking skill. Dwight would reject a fair amount of shots. Drummond not so much. Oh well. Nobodies perfect.