Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

Never did I say you have to accept this offer right now or I’m out. I had already said.

Trade me Herbert and you keep Trevor

then it was “I value Herbert more because he was proven”

then it was get his third overall Pick and trade it to me.

then in response I was sent that offer and said I’d do it.

10 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

It was clearly a joke. How did I manipulate someone though when he offered me? I was planning to back out. It wasn’t some ploy. 

I wasn’t necessarily using manipulative in a negative context, though it comes off that way. Controlling the narrative and the way the discussion goes is a big part of making trades that you win like this. You somehow got him to think it was impossible for a Jaguars fan who literally told him he only wanted back if he could get ahold of the most exciting Jaguars player in the team’s history and who had more tradable assets than anyone else in the entire league wasn’t worth responding to and that it was better to try to make a deal with the dude who indicated he didn’t think he could make an offer as good as others.

If it wasn’t intentional, either it was the happiest accident ever or the biggest blunder ever on his part.

14 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

seems like i forgot both picks. fixed.

Okay.. so now I have to give up ALL of the assets I agreed to trade away?

This turned into a rough afternoon for TK3!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

I wasn’t necessarily using manipulative in a negative context, though it comes off that way. Controlling the narrative and the way the discussion goes is a big part of making trades that you win like this. You somehow got him to think it was impossible for a Jaguars fan who literally told him he only wanted back if he could get ahold of the most exciting Jaguars player in the team’s history and who had more tradable assets than anyone else in the entire league wasn’t worth responding to and that it was better to try to make a deal with the dude who indicated he didn’t think he could make an offer as good as others.

If it wasn’t intentional, either it was the happiest accident ever or the biggest blunder ever on his part.

Or I had nothing to do with getting him to think this way. Which is more accurate. Never claimed I had more than you in fact I said I couldn’t compete. 

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Or I had nothing to do with getting him to think this way. Which is more accurate. Never claimed I had more than you in fact I said I couldn’t compete. 

I’m not quite sure why we’re arguing here. I’ve said twice now in the last couple minutes that you told him you couldn’t compete, and a few times before. And then finished off the post you’re responding to saying that if you didn’t intentionally do it, that it’d either a happy accident (something you did made him think that, regardless of your intent) or a blunder on his part (he just decided somehow that the guy who admits he can’t match an offer is actually the best option to get an offer). Is there something specific with either of those options that we’re disagreeing on?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I know I wasn't involved directly in the trade discussions, but my philosophy has always been to be reasonably transparent and communicate when it comes to trade offers. You could have communicated that you changed your mind and wanted more compensation or else you'd hold on to the pick. Or, you could have responded to pwny/ravens and told them you now had a better offer on the table with Scoundrel. Or, instead of going to Scoundrel with a perceived better offer in your mind, you could have gone to the two Jags fans who were trying to get a Jags player and just throwing down what you thought you could get from us for him. If I had 1.1 last year with Joe Burrow there and there was a team with a pair of Bengals owners, I would have done whatever I could to see how much I could get out of them.

Whether intentional or not, the fact you just didn't respond to pwny and went directly to someone else who, logically, isn't going to give you as much compensation for Trevor Lawrence... again, it's either targeted, or it's a significant oversight if your goal is to try to get the best deal possible for your team.

I was very transparent with Ravens. I told him I wanted a bidding war but if on June 1st his offer was the best, I’d take it. I guess in the final hour of this week long ordeal there was no transparency, but from my POV there couldn’t be. It was either take scoundrel’s offer or be stuck w/ the only offer on the table.  I wrongly assumed Ravens told pwny my MO when they partnered up, which is why I didn’t communicate much with him. I had like 15 messages w/ Ravens and kind of thought pwny more or less had all that info. I was pretty burnt out with all this anyway, I’m at a point in the league where I absolutely would quit IF I knew there were people in the wings who’d give more effort, but there’s not. I enjoy it still, just saying I’m definitely on the lower end of effort scale. Like Tammy said, I wanted this over with. 

To the bolded, there was no offer. Scoundrel’s offer only existed if I took it on the spot. You might say semantics, but I assumed him and pwny were in cahoots, so if I lied and said “Scoundrel offered ____” to get pwny/Ravens to up the ante, when in reality he had more or less backed out, pwny would call me on it. Given Pwny jumped into the fold and immediately Ravens and him teamed up while scoundrel backed out, I wrongly assumed collusion was afoot (which would be the shrewd move, scare the competition) and the only way I could beat 3 1sts was doing an instant deal.

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

I’m not quite sure why we’re arguing here. I’ve said twice now in the last couple minutes that you told him you couldn’t compete, and a few times before. And then finished off the post you’re responding to saying that if you didn’t intentionally do it, that it’d either a happy accident (something you did made him think that, regardless of your intent) or a blunder on his part (he just decided somehow that the guy who admits he can’t match an offer is actually the best option to get an offer). Is there something specific with either of those options that we’re disagreeing on?

Nope I just want to be very clear to everyone I was blessed with an offer I didn’t ask for

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I was very transparent with Ravens. I told him I wanted a bidding war but if on June 1st his offer was the best, I’d take it. I guess in the final hour of this week long ordeal there was no transparency, but from my POV there couldn’t be. It was either take scoundrel’s offer or be stuck w/ the only offer on the table.  I wrongly assumed Ravens told pwny my MO when they partnered up, which is why I didn’t communicate much with him. I had like 15 messages w/ Ravens and kind of thought pwny more or less had all that info. I was pretty burnt out with all this anyway, I’m at a point in the league where I absolutely would quit IF I knew there were people in the wings who’d give more effort, but there’s not. I enjoy it still, just saying I’m definitely on the lower end of effort scale. Like Tammy said, I wanted this over with. 

To the bolded, there was no offer. Scoundrel’s offer only existed if I took it on the spot. You might say semantics, but I assumed him and pwny were in cahoots, so if I lied and said “Scoundrel offered ____” to get pwny/Ravens to up the ante, when in reality he had more or less backed out, pwny would call me on it. Given Pwny jumped into the fold and immediately Ravens and him teamed up while scoundrel backed out, I wrongly assumed collusion was afoot (which would be the shrewd move, scare the competition) and the only way I could beat 3 1sts was doing an instant deal.

My offer? I didn’t offer you that. And I didn’t say anything about something having to be on the spot

19 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

He told me you wanted a bidding war and that he knew that he couldn’t compete with what I was going to be capable of getting, so he intended to drop out and focus on trying to get Burrow or another asset that could be used for a QB, for a reasonable fraction of what I would end up paying for Trevor.

I knew that, and I knew the offer that you told me as the top offer was his. that’s literally all I was ever made aware of. And from your side, all I was ever told was what the top offer was. I received no other communication. But even if I did know this, it’s still pretty crappy to tell someone you’re going for a bidding war and going to end it on June 1st, have them know they have the top offer, then never give any indication that you intend to move elsewhere and then only ever respond after you’ve locked into another deal that’s already been posted a week before the cut off point that you listed. I’m sure Ravens assumed that the bidding war you mentioned would actually involved bidding and not a stationary offer that is sat on until another comes along and then immediately not given a chance to be increased. You treating it as “give me one offer and the best offer wins today” is wholly different from the “I’m holding a bidding war for the next week” that you indicated would be the case.

I’m also not sure why you would have assumed I knew about the June 1st end date for a bidding war when I messaged you letting you know I needed to know the answer because nacho was waiting on me. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

My offer? I didn’t offer you that. And I didn’t say anything about something having to be on the spot

Right. Main point being, there was no offer from you for me to send to Ravens/pwny as a counter offer.. You made it clear you wouldn’t give me an offer for me to just use as bait (but made it clear you would do one of the 3 proposed trades I gave you, as that was before you were contacted)

Also not sure why you would think counselor and I were in cahoots when he’s telling you to complete the trade with me and then he will trade for an asset that wasn’t in the trade package at that point. Should have been a pretty solid indication that he didn’t know what the first offer was.

🤷‍♀️