Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

3 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

but I already said I would take that offer if it was the best, and there was no counteroffer. Scoundrel’s offer only existed if I took it on the spot. 

I was certainly never told this. Which is the main issue.

• Like 2

Just now, El Ramster said:

I think we have a duty to remain here. Even to just put a active roster. Everyone wanted a team when the league was active! Now that there’s a clear as day decay! We should repay that token. You’re not forced to of course! But I feel like it’s our duty as vets. I’m just a loyal person. Even after last years nightmares season! I’m back for more punches and disses. 

I feel that. It just got to the point last time where I felt like it was a disservice to nacho since I wasn't paying attention at all that last season and I really just needed at minimum a break. Until the past few weeks, I really have barely been on FF at all including going months at a time in between even lurking on here.

• Like 1

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I feel that. It just got to the point last time where I felt like it was a disservice to nacho since I wasn't paying attention at all that last season and I really just needed at minimum a break. Until the past few weeks, I really have barely been on FF at all including going months at a time in between even lurking on here.

Agreed and I’m in the same boat. Still, It’s not possible to fill 2-5 roster spots this fast. Just putting a team together for the league to remain balanced is all we can do. And I’m sure nacho would appreciate that over being active. 

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

the thing that throws me off is that you approached Scoundrel with that offer, but didn't respond to the two Jags fans when the player in question is probably already the most hyped Jags player in the team's history.

What was I suppose to respond with? I was waiting for a better offer so I could counter the deal Ravens-Pwny offered.

I didn’t feel I could just go to pwny/Raven and say “well there’s no counteroffer but I actually want more” when I already told Ravens I’d do 3 1sts if that’s the best offer on the table.

3 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

the thing that throws me off is that you approached Scoundrel with that offer, but didn't respond to the two Jags fans when the player in question is probably already the most hyped Jags player in the team's history.

This is the most wild part to me. “This guy wants out because he knows it’s impossible for him to give an offer that approaches what a Jags fan would give, let me counter offer him and never respond to the Jags fan that he knows he can’t compete with.”

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

What was I suppose to respond with? I was waiting for a better offer so I could counter the deal Ravens-Pwny offered.

I didn’t feel I could just go to pwny/Raven and say “well there’s no counteroffer but I actually want more” when I already told Ravens I’d do 3 1sts if that’s the best offer on the table.

I know I wasn't involved directly in the trade discussions, but my philosophy has always been to be reasonably transparent and communicate when it comes to trade offers. You could have communicated that you changed your mind and wanted more compensation or else you'd hold on to the pick. Or, you could have responded to pwny/ravens and told them you now had a better offer on the table with Scoundrel. Or, instead of going to Scoundrel with a perceived better offer in your mind, you could have gone to the two Jags fans who were trying to get a Jags player and just throwing down what you thought you could get from us for him. If I had 1.1 last year with Joe Burrow there and there was a team with a pair of Bengals owners, I would have done whatever I could to see how much I could get out of them.

Whether intentional or not, the fact you just didn't respond to pwny and went directly to someone else who, logically, isn't going to give you as much compensation for Trevor Lawrence... again, it's either targeted, or it's a significant oversight if your goal is to try to get the best deal possible for your team.

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

I clearly could compete though since I won...

Kudos on manipulating the guy into giving away the pick for nothing. Absolute master class. But you didn’t compete on assets willing to be given. You won because he responded exactly zero times after I sent in my offer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

Kudos on manipulating the guy into giving away the pick for nothing. Absolute master class. But you didn’t compete on assets willing to be given. You won because he responded exactly zero times after I sent in my offer. 

It was clearly a joke. How did I manipulate someone though when he offered me? I was planning to back out. It wasn’t some ploy.