Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

how am I supposed to want to join the league as an owner with stuff like this? 

I'm eyerolling the drama and level of divaness that's being exhibited here

Have you seen the past 5 pages?

Just now, Scalamania said:

It could've come across as a personal attack (it wasn't intended to be) and I don't want to bring that around here. 

you've attacked me personally a couple times the past month and it feels bad since I had always thought we had a good relationship when I was in the league here.

5 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Im pretty sure that was just a joke lol

He never responded to my trade offer, and then right before posting the trade, his last message to me was that if I was actually desperate to make a trade, to talk to counselor instead. 

Sure seems like a guy who was intentionally not negotiating with someone. 

Every season there's at least one trade that folks feel one side won. And every season there's at least one trade that someone laments not making an offer for something involved (I would have given more, I didn't know he was available, I didn't get a counter back, etc). If we had owners drop out of the league everytime someone else made a deal that they felt wasn't 'fair' or respectful, we would have run out of owners a while back.

End of the day you can't 'force' an owner to make any deal with you, regardless of your perspective. No one likes to get ghosted, or ignored, but that's part of the territory. If other folks' deals rile you up to the point where you feel it is BS and make the entire league disinteresting, then maybe it's for the best not to get involved, because if this wasn't the 'tipping' point, the next 'fleecing' deal will be.

Just now, Tk3 said:

I'm eyerolling the drama and level of divaness that's being exhibited here

Have you seen the past 5 pages?

Honestly, I was still considering joining back even without pwny before seeing the responses people have given today. There are good, respectful owners in the league and it's no coincidence they're usually the ones winning games, but I do not miss this part of it.

4 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

He traded 1.1 for basically nothing, in a deal he offered to Scoundrel, and never even entertained negotiations with two Jags fans who were trying to get Trevor Lawrence. If he wasn't trying to keep pwny/us out of the league, then he has to be the most incompetent owner in league history to leave compensation on the table like that. It's the fact he wouldn't even negotiate.

If you want Lawrence and want to join the league then go to Scoundrel. He seems open to making a trade.

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

you've attacked me personally a couple times the past month and it feels bad since I had always thought we had a good relationship when I was in the league here.

I don't think that was ever my intention. So if you took it that way then that's on me and I apologize. 

• Like 1

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Honestly, I was still considering joining back even without pwny before seeing the responses people have given today. There are good, respectful owners in the league and it's no coincidence they're usually the ones winning games, but I do not miss this part of it.

I think many of us are seeing a level of entitlement that is offputting. Don't claim victim here.

I think the league is fun. Many of us think the league is fun. If you think the league is fun, then join. If you don't think the league is fun, then don't join.

But if you don't think the league is fun and are not going to join, then just leave. Don't stir everything up in the process

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

End of the day you can't 'force' an owner to make any deal with you, regardless of your perspective. No one likes to get ghosted, or ignored, but that's part of the territory.

the point is that this shouldn't be the standard. it shouldn't be part of the territory. people should show common courtesy in trade negotiations. I always responded to other owners even when the trade inquiry/offer was very bad, because I wanted to respect their time. 

It's also the dead period of the league. There's always some sort of thing that goes on (this might take the cake) from the time most people set their keepers to the draft. 

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

If you want Lawrence and want to join the league then go to Scoundrel. He seems open to making a trade.

missing out on Lawrence isn't the point

Just now, Tk3 said:

I think many of us are seeing a level of entitlement that is offputting. Don't claim victim here.

I think the league is fun. Many of us think the league is fun. If you think the league is fun, then join. If you don't think the league is fun, then don't join.

But if you don't think the league is fun and are not going to join, then just leave. Don't stir everything up in the process

There are aspects of the League that are fun. nacho created a very fun game. There are also aspects that are not fun at all. 

I think everyone is entitled to common courtesy and it's the lack thereof that makes the league not fun and makes me hesitant to re-join. 

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

It's also the dead period of the league. There's always some sort of thing that goes on (this might take the cake) from the time most people set their keepers to the draft. 

That's also true. It's just the reminder of how frustrating and disrespectful people can be when it comes to trade negotiations. Ghosting and refusing to even respond to someone should NOT be part of the territory. 

the point is that this shouldn't be the standard. it shouldn't be part of the territory. people should show common courtesy in trade negotiations. I always responded to other owners even when the trade inquiry/offer was very bad, because I wanted to respect their time. 

I'm not disagreeing with your point. But as this past year in the pandemic has shown, something as simple as a courtesy can rile people up and make people act like idiots, so end of the day you decide whether it's no sweat off your back if something falls through, or if you want to take it personally. If there's owners you don't get along with, great, we need more smack talk and grudge matches. Rammy for all his faults makes it interesting with the back and forth at times with various owners. If someone consistently ignores your inquiries, just make a note of it as a team that you probably won't be able to have trade negotiations and move on.