Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Ok, Dr. Goofy......

WR's of that age, upside and production level go in the first in these drafts all of the time, but that doesn't fit your narrative.

rookie drafts are always wonky and throw values all over the place

but if Golladay can go top 5 every time he hits the market, then Moore in the 1st isn't an absurd statement

the bigger issue is that Moore cost 3 tags (ie ~1st) on top of the compensation someone has to send to you

40 minutes ago, pwny said:

*theoretical deals that he didn’t bother to even negotiate on

I told three different people that I was willing to offer as far as 1.3, 1.6, 1.11, 2.6, S23 1st, S23 2nd, S24 1st, S24 2nd, S25 1st, S25 2nd, 19 tags, Joe Mixon, George Kittle, Tyler Boyd and any other players [not Burrow] that he wanted. We had a three way trade with Ravens worked on and Ravens had already told him he could have Dalvin Cook if he wanted. If it became really necessary, more picks coming from the three way trade could have ended up his way as well, though that’s less concrete.

Counselor literally told RMIB he was dropping out of trade negotiations to focus on getting a different pick because he realized how absurdly behind he was on any chance of winning a bidding war. RMIB countered by giving him a soft offer to make the deal happen, because he didn’t want to negotiate with me. 

I told him to get the third pick from you and then trade it to me. Not necessarily that I was dropping out exactly. I did tell you that I was and that I would try and trade for pick 4 to get a rookie QB (had spoken with Swoosh about the possibility). But then he said he would take the offer he proposed to me right now. So I took that. 

26 minutes ago, pwny said:

To be clear, trade negotiations went like this. I deleted my messages, so I’m paraphrasing, but this is the exact number of messages that happened

me: hey, I’m considering coming back, but only if I can get Trevor. What do you want?

RMIB: this is my current top offer [insert offer from Ravens]

me: Ravens and I worked out a three way trade where you get the same exact return [insert offer], what do you think?

RMIB: [leaves the message on read for several hours, checking back a few times]

me: hey, I need to know what we’re doing so that I can stop stringing nacho along. Are we close?

RMIB: I’m trading the pick to counselor. If you’re really that desperate to make a trade, you can make it with him.

It’s the lack of attempt to negotiate in good faith for me. 

I showed interest in Burrow also. I also let you know I preferred Trevor. I countered your price on Burrow also. You read the message and didn’t respond I gave it some time and then no response and I messaged you that I was backing out of the Trevor chase and would try and get pick 4. Immediately after that RMIB offered what the trade was and I accepted. Previously you told me that if I kept countering with RMIB it would just raise the price of Burrow for me as you would want to recoup some of that value. Which I think is fair. 

7 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

It super feels like there's another follow up deal to be had here if two people decide to talk..

I did reach out about it. But then there is also this that makes me not want to be a fool.

4 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

what kind of fool would trade away Trevor Lawrence 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

I showed interest in Burrow also. I also let you know I preferred Trevor. I countered your price on Burrow also. You told me that if I kept countering with RMIB it would just raise the price of Burrow for me as you would want to recoup some of that value. 

Yeah, I told you I was going to keep countering on Trevor and had every intent of going up to the trade I posted (you’re one of the three people I told the price I was willing to hit) to make a trade happen, noting that as the price I paid for Trevor went up, the price I’d have to recoup to move Burrow would increase as well. Simple economics that if Trevor costs me 7 firsts and 4 seconds, that I can’t trade Burrow for just two firsts and two seconds. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Yeah, I told you I was going to keep countering on Trevor and had every intent of going up to the trade I posted (you’re one of the three people I told the price I was willing to hit) to make a trade happen, noting that as the price I paid for Trevor went up, the price I’d have to recoup to move Burrow would increase as well. Simple economics that if Trevor costs me 7 firsts and 4 seconds, that I can’t trade Burrow for just two firsts and two seconds. 

I’m not mad at it. I get it. 

11 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Oh we out here airing PMs now?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I hope we are all appreciating what we are getting today

A non-owner basically asks the other owners to beg him to become an owner.. then negotiates as a non owner.. then melts down over not getting a trade and says "This is why I am no longer an owner. I refuse to become an owner. Your loss"

You can't make this up!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I hope we are all appreciating what we are getting today

A non-owner basically asks the other owners to beg him to become an owner.. then negotiates as a non owner.. then melts down over not getting a trade and says "This is why I am no longer an owner. I refuse to become an owner. Your loss"

You can't make this up!

The type of drama I've been waiting for. It's a shame @El Ramster isn't here to appreciate what's going on. It's taking me back to the days of Harper. 

• Like 1

Pwny since you went and DM’d all the suitors to scare them from making offers, how were we ever going to get up to your 7 1sts* offer? There would be no counter offers to up the ante, and I already told Ravens I was gonna just take the best offer, which at that point, and was your last offer to me, was just the 3 1sts. Had things played out without you DMing everyone, an organic bidding war would break out, no? One which apparently you’d win at all costs. 

*Which btw is not as good as it sounds when this league is on life support each year.