Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

I love how every deal is always the worst deal ever in this league.

He got a deal he liked and took it vs theoretical other deals that he could have gotten if they were indeed ever offered. 

To me having a top 5 RB in this league can get you pretty far.

Look at the QB/RB combos in the playoffs

Lamar/Saquon

Mahomes/Gordon

Goff/Kamara

Dak/Zeke

Kyler/Aaron Jones

Josh Allen/Sanders

Tannehill/McCaffrey

Stafford/Henry

Save for Mahomes who is the outlier, the teams with the elite RB's and good enough QB's were in the playoffs and the teams that had the elite QB's were watching. So unless Trevor is Mahomes, chances are RMIB got significantly better in this deal. An elite RB is worth at least a 1st, if not 2. I paid 2 1sts for McCaffrey and I would do that deal again in a heartbeat. 

I agree from a pure value standpoint of Lawrence vs "the return", I agree that "the return" was good. In that sense I think its a win/win

But from an opportunity cost standpoint, I have to assume he left something on the table from pwny. He could have received a bigger return that involves a (in my personal opinion) better QB plus more assets. In that sense, I think its a bad deal for RMIB

All of that being said, I haven't seen the PMs, and frankly I don't want this to turn into an "expose PMs" situation, so idk if RMIB effed up, or if pwny is exaggerating the situation and being dramatic

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Save for Mahomes who is the outlier, the teams with the elite RB's and good enough QB's were in the playoffs and the teams that had the elite QB's were watching. So unless Trevor is Mahomes, chances are RMIB got significantly better in this deal. An elite RB is worth at least a 1st, if not 2. I paid 2 1sts for McCaffrey and I would do that deal again in a heartbeat. 

I'd venture to guess that a lot of folks in this league and football fandom overall probably think Trevor Lawrence will end up being one of the elite QBs over the next decade, so that would put him in that realm with Mahomes, yes.

I don't disagree that elite RB is worth more than a single first, I had an offer for JC involving 3 firsts and I turned it down at the time - granted, values were viewed differently back then, but I think the point most folks have with this deal is that it's not a regular #1.1 pick. 

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I love how every deal is always the worst deal ever in this league.

He got a deal he liked and took it vs theoretical other deals that he could have gotten if they were indeed ever offered. 

*theoretical deals that he didn’t bother to even negotiate on

I told three different people that I was willing to offer as far as 1.3, 1.6, 1.11, 2.6, S23 1st, S23 2nd, S24 1st, S24 2nd, S25 1st, S25 2nd, 19 tags, Joe Mixon, George Kittle, Tyler Boyd and any other players [not Burrow] that he wanted. We had a three way trade with Ravens worked on and Ravens had already told him he could have Dalvin Cook if he wanted. If it became really necessary, more picks coming from the three way trade could have ended up his way as well, though that’s less concrete.

Counselor literally told RMIB he was dropping out of trade negotiations to focus on getting a different pick because he realized how absurdly behind he was on any chance of winning a bidding war. RMIB countered by giving him a soft offer to make the deal happen, because he didn’t want to negotiate with me. 

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

*theoretical deals that he didn’t bother to even negotiate on

I told three different people that I was willing to offer as far as 1.3, 1.6, 1.11, 2.6, S23 1st, S23 2nd, S24 1st, S24 2nd, S25 1st, S25 2nd, 19 tags, Joe Mixon, George Kittle, Tyler Boyd and any other players [not Burrow] that he wanted. We had a three way trade with Ravens worked on and Ravens had already told him he could have Dalvin Cook if he wanted. If it became really necessary, more picks coming from the three way trade could have ended up his way as well, though that’s less concrete.

Counselor literally told RMIB he was dropping out of trade negotiations to focus on getting a different pick because he realized how absurdly behind he was on any chance of winning a bidding war. RMIB countered by giving him a soft offer to make the deal happen, because he didn’t want to negotiate with me. 

Was RMIB one of those three people?

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

Well...that may have been the biggest deal of all time in NSFL. 

Edited by Scalamania

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

I mean he should go in the first, he'll be on my short list for my 1st if a few other targets are gone by that point. 

Just because you would be willing to reach and make a bad value pick doesn't mean other owners should base the value of Moore on that. 

20 minutes ago, pwny said:
21 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Was RMIB one of those three people?

If he had bothered to respond even once after receiving my first offer, maybe he would have been!

To be clear, trade negotiations went like this. I deleted my messages, so I’m paraphrasing, but this is the exact number of messages that happened

me: hey, I’m considering coming back, but only if I can get Trevor. What do you want?

RMIB: this is my current top offer [insert offer from Ravens]

me: Ravens and I worked out a three way trade where you get the same exact return [insert offer], what do you think?

RMIB: [leaves the message on read for several hours, checking back a few times]

me: hey, I need to know what we’re doing so that I can stop stringing nacho along. Are we close?

RMIB: I’m trading the pick to counselor. If you’re really that desperate to make a trade, you can make it with him.

It’s the lack of attempt to negotiate in good faith for me. 

• Like 1

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Just because you would be willing to reach and make a bad value pick doesn't mean other owners should base the value of Moore on that. 

Ok, Dr. Goofy......

WR's of that age, upside and production level go in the first in these drafts all of the time, but that doesn't fit your narrative.