Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

18 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I may have mixed up the order of these things I have told you. I don’t have the conversation any longer either. But I had reached out to RMIB about pick #1 before you about Burrow. I know at some point I did tell you I preferred Trevor. 

You told me that you were going to go after Lawrence if you couldn't get Burrow with the message that I posted. Then a few messages later indicated that you'd rather have Trevor at the price that you were currently at, rather than the first offer I suggested for Burrow.

To me, it read like that you would prefer Burrow for cheaper than where it sat, but that at the current price you were at for Trevor was something you preferred over the price for Burrow, which given the expectation of where *that* trade sat made a lot of sense. At that point, is when I indicated my intent to continue to bid as high as necessary for Trevor, and let you know that I was going to tie the price of Burrow to recoup as much as I lost for Trevor as possible.

I didn't go DMing suitors to scare them off from making offers like he said, I indicated to one suitor who indicated to me that his intent was to trade for Burrow for cheap that I would only be able to move on from Burrow for a reasonable deal if I didn't have to trade away my entire team for Trevor.

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

You told me that you were going to go after Lawrence if you couldn't get Burrow with the message that I posted. Then a few messages later indicated that you'd rather have Trevor at the price that you were currently at, rather than the first offer I suggested for Burrow.

To me, it read like that you would prefer Burrow for cheaper than where it sat, but that at the current price you were at for Trevor was something you preferred over the price for Burrow, which given the expectation of where *that* trade sat made a lot of sense. At that point, is when I indicated my intent to continue to bid as high as necessary for Trevor, and let you know that I was going to tie the price of Burrow to recoup as much as I lost for Trevor as possible.

I didn't go DMing suitors to scare them off from making offers like he said, I indicated to one suitor who indicated to me that his intent was to trade for Burrow for cheap that I would only be able to move on from Burrow for a reasonable deal if I didn't have to trade away my entire team for Trevor.

I told him already I had gone to you first about a 3way trade. Didn’t know you already had one worked out with Ravens. 

14 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Well then I guess it was my honesty with all parties that ended up screwing you in the end.

I just wanted a bidding war to take place. Best offer gets Trevor, no games. Tried to make that clear. 

The primary suitors (Ravens, Scoundrel, Pwny), not wanting to pump up the price, colluded with each other since I was upfront about taking the best offer.

Understandable approach from all sides I’d say. Me, not wanting to make a whole process out of this and wanting to keep it simple. The suitors, not wanting to give up more than they have to.

Due to what I had told Ravens, that I would accept 3 1sts deal if it was best offer on table, and Scoundrel essentially saying he wouldn’t make an offer only for it to get countered, my options were to strike an instant deal with Scoundrel or take you and Ravens 3 1sts offer. 

I wasn’t trying to play games either which is why I was willing to back out. But this all kind of became a game there didn’t it. You did say you were fine with offers being pulled or colluding. I played by the rules haha

22 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

It’s “on life support” because some people feel like it’s “on life support”... it’s self fulfilling

I know this is a shot at me but the league is and has been on life support for the past 4ish seasons. We can't find owners to stick around and eventually all these one and done owners are going to dry up and we're going to be **** outta luck. 

I respect/appreciate everything that @TheKillerNachohas done/continues to do for this league but if you can't see the decline in interest then maybe remove those rose colored glasses.

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

I wasn’t trying to play games either which is why I was willing to back out. But this all kind of became a game there didn’t it. You did say you were fine with offers being pulled or colluding. I played by the rules haha

Oh 100%, I bear no ill will and knew that could happen. I’m just explaining the situation I was in, and how it came down to 2 options from my POV. Of course there was option 3, be a DISHONORABLE man and back out on my word to Ravens about taking that offer if it was the best on the table, but then... I’d be playing games.

Also, for those wondering why I’d ever have told Ravens this or made any kind of commitment to him in first place. He’d been just beating me down for over a week in the DMs with his art of the deal, sales acumen. 

9 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

This is all so silly

Pwny either needs to make a trade with Counselor and commit to being in the league

Or he just walk away without continuing the drama

ehh, let em' air it out. It's entertaining.

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

There was also no colluding. I know it's a fun word in this league to throw accusations of collusion around, but it's not the case ever, nor has it been at any point. I was just honest with you about how the terms of a Burrow deal would hinge on the terms of the Trevor deal and that I intended to bid as high as necessary to get Trevor; that if you really preferred Burrow for cheap over Trevor for expensive (as I interpreted your posts), that cheap Burrow was only going to be available if I didn't have max out my price on Trevor. Ravens knew that he couldn't beat the price a Jaguars fan with three first round picks this season would be willing to spend for the most exciting player in Jaguars franchise history, and instead chose to focus on a deal that would net him access to the ability to get a different young QB.

Also not really sure how someone can "want a bidding war" but then not even ask for a counter offer from what was for a week the highest offer. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Pwny since you went and DM’d all the suitors to scare them from making offers, how were we ever going to get up to your 7 1sts* offer? There would be no counter offers to up the ante, and I already told Ravens I was gonna just take the best offer, which at that point, and was your last offer to me, was just the 3 1sts. Had things played out without you DMing everyone, an organic bidding war would break out, no? One which apparently you’d win at all costs. 

*Which btw is not as good as it sounds when this league is on life support each year.

maybe the league wouldn't be on life support if team owners weren't actively doing things to keep other potential owners from joining the league

maybe the league wouldn't be on life support if more of the owners would display common courtesy in communication/respect when discussing trades

14 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Or he just walk away without continuing the drama

You're probably right. 

But you guys should know by now my willingness to argue nonsense in this league. I only have a half day at work today, and you know how work never gets done on those days, so I'm just bs arguing in here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

maybe the league wouldn't be on life support if team owners weren't actively doing things to keep other potential owners from joining the league

maybe the league wouldn't be on life support if more of the owners would display common courtesy in communication/respect when discussing trades

Maybe it wouldn't be on life support if you two didn't come and go as you wanted. 

• Like 1