Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Pwny since you went and DM’d all the suitors to scare them from making offers, how were we ever going to get up to your 7 1sts* offer? There would be no counter offers to up the ante, and I already told Ravens I was gonna just take the best offer, which at that point, and was your last offer to me, was just the 3 1sts. Had things played out without you DMing everyone, an organic bidding war would break out, no? One which apparently you’d win at all costs. 

*Which btw is not as good as it sounds when this league is on life support each year.

FeelsBadMan

5 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Pwny since you went and DM’d all the suitors to scare them from making offers, how were we ever going to get up to your 7 1sts* offer? There would be no counter offers to up the ante, and I already told Ravens I was gonna just take the best offer, which at that point, and was your last offer to me, was just the 3 1sts. Had things played out without you DMing everyone, an organic bidding war would break out, no? One which apparently you’d win at all costs. 

*Which btw is not as good as it sounds when this league is on life support each year.

I messaged pwny about trying to do a 3way trade so I initiated his contact with me which you said you didn’t mind. Otherwise I would not have. You also were very honest about who was all in for TLaw and that you were open to bidding wars. 

3 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

The plot thickens. 

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

FeelsBadMan

You shouldn't. 10+ actual years running this league, and last year was the first time there was a discussion about end-date. I think we've been fortunate for all the years you've been running it, and I think most wouldn't view it as life support at all.

15 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Buddy, Ravens and Scoundrel DM’d me about Burrow. I didn’t reach out to them. Ravens DM’d me and immediately told me he couldn’t outbid me on Trevor and would rather work out a direct trade with me before I even responded to him. Scoundrel asked me how much I wanted for Burrow, told me that if he couldn’t get Burrow for the price he wanted that he’d bid on Trevor instead and I told him that we could start at a price, but that I’d have to increase it if he drove the price on Trevor up. 

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

Buddy, Ravens and Scoundrel DM’d me about Burrow. I didn’t reach out to them. Ravens DM’d me and immediately told me he couldn’t outbid me on Trevor and would rather work out a direct trade with me. Scoundrel asked me how much I wanted for Burrow, told me that if he couldn’t get Burrow for the price he wanted that he’d bid on Trevor instead and I told him that we could start at a price, but that I’d have to increase it if he drove the price on Trevor up. 

I told you I had interest in burrow but preferred Trevor. Not originally that if I couldn’t get Burrow for the price I wanted that I’d bid on Trevor. 

Just now, Scoundrel said:

I told you I had interest in burrow but preferred Trevor. Not originally that if I couldn’t get Burrow for the price I wanted that I’d bid on Trevor. 

You literally told me:

"Well if I don't get burrow I'm basically going to give him whatever he wants for #1"

When I asked you what your trade offer was.

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

You literally told me:

"Well if I don't get burrow I'm basically going to give him whatever he wants for #1"

When I asked you what your trade offer was.

I may have mixed up the order of these things I have told you. I don’t have the conversation any longer either. But I had reached out to RMIB about pick #1 before you about Burrow. I know at some point I did tell you I preferred Trevor. 

24 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

You shouldn't. 10+ actual years running this league, and last year was the first time there was a discussion about end-date. I think we've been fortunate for all the years you've been running it, and I think most wouldn't view it as life support at all.

It’s “on life support” because some people feel like it’s “on life support”... it’s self fulfilling

I agree that most of us feel very positive about our enjoyment of the league as opposed to any negative feelings

@TheKillerNacho should feel good about everything he has done for the league and also about where the league is right now

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Buddy, Ravens and Scoundrel DM’d me about Burrow. I didn’t reach out to them. Ravens DM’d me and immediately told me he couldn’t outbid me on Trevor and would rather work out a direct trade with me. Scoundrel asked me how much I wanted for Burrow, told me that if he couldn’t get Burrow that he’d bid on Trevor instead and I told him that we could start at a price, but that I’d have to increase it if he drove the price on Trevor up. 

Well then I guess it was my honesty with all parties that ended up screwing you in the end.

I just wanted a bidding war to take place. Best offer gets Trevor, no games. Tried to make that clear. 

The primary suitors (Ravens, Scoundrel, Pwny), not wanting to pump up the price, colluded with each other since I was upfront about taking the best offer.

Understandable approach from all sides I’d say. Me, not wanting to make a whole process out of this and wanting to keep it simple. The suitors, not wanting to give up more than they have to.

Due to what I had told Ravens, that I would accept 3 1sts deal if it was best offer on table, and Scoundrel essentially saying he wouldn’t make an offer only for it to get countered, my options were to strike an instant deal with Scoundrel or take you and Ravens 3 1sts offer.