Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Imagine being @Scoundrel and being like “run all your trades by me so you don’t get panty ripped” and the subsequently ripping the new guys’ panties

Don't see it that way at all. I think it's a fair trade for both teams. If anything, I give the slight edge to TL because Okudah only costs one tag. TL could potentially swing those two extra tags for a 3rd. I'd take a 3rd + a flier on Okudah over Allen. Allen is a fringe keeper IMO.

Also like it for Scoundrel as Allen is a better keeper than TJ. With that being said, I think he'd be better off flipping the tags for a pick. I'm just not super high on Allen as a keeper, especially as a 3-tags keeper.

• Like 2

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Okudah was bad irl last season. That is going to weigh much more than his draft position 

Yeah, I guess that's something I'll be able to test with him.

He certainly wasn't "good", but graded out well against the other rookies at the position. After an injury-shortened pre-season and the COVID circumstances, not to mention starting his career with matchups against Davante Adams, DeAndre Hopkins and Michael Thomas, an underwhelming start was inevitable. He showed flash as the season moved forward.

If the sim takes a blue chip prospect like Okudah and trashes him after one season (with those factors in mind), it'll be unfortunate, but good to know.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Don't see it that way at all. I think it's a fair trade for both teams. If anything, I give the slight edge to TL because Okudah only costs one tag. TL could potentially swing those two extra tags for a 3rd. I'd take a 3rd + a flier on Okudah over Allen. Allen is a fringe keeper IMO.

Also like it for Scoundrel as Allen is a better keeper than TJ. With that being said, I think he'd be better off flipping the tags for a pick. I'm just not super high on Allen as a keeper, especially as a 3-tags keeper.

I agree with this 100%. I don’t think Allen is going to be great. But maybe as the DE2 that will help? Who knows. Also I haven’t had any interest in the tags I put out there for trade. He also didn’t have the free tags for Allen without sacrificing another keeper he already wants to keep. Plus I’m just trying to Jaguar the team up for Pwny and Flux to take over in the future...

• Like 2

So... we're all friends, right?

Like, if I wanted to theme my team around a coach that wasn't drafted at all during S21, you guys wouldn't draft that guy on spite alone... right?

(I'd happily draft him in round 12 or something - I don't care - I just don't want to spend the time creating the logo just to have someone draft him before me "for the lolz".)

2 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Like, if I wanted to theme my team around a coach that wasn't drafted at all during S21, you guys wouldn't draft that guy on spite alone... right?

(I'd happily draft him in round 12 or something - I don't care - I just don't want to spend the time creating the logo just to have someone draft him before me "for the lolz".)

I think I know who you are speaking about and I likely won’t draft him. But you never know. 

4 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

You don’t have to have your rebrand in immediately. Run it by Nacho to make sure it’s alright and then debut the name after you draft the guy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pwny said:

You don’t have to have your rebrand in immediately. Run it by Nacho to make sure it’s alright and then debut the name after you draft the guy. 

Yeah, I assumed that that was the way to go. I'm off for a few days and got excited about making/unveiling the new logo. (I posted that thing on no sleep, so that may have been part of it.)

13 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

The Mornhinwegs have a nice ring to it

• Like 1