What Online Content are you watching?

THE DUKE

We have the 'What movie are you wathcing?' thread, and the 'What TV show are you watching?' thread, but more and more i'm consuming YouTube content in 15-20 minute chunks, especially as background noise while I work, so in today's streaming world where the traditional media mediums don't have the stranglehold they used to, I kind of want to know who/what people are watching on YouTube, Twitch, Facebook Live, or any other non-traditional media platform.  I'll kick things off.

I've been watching a lot of Bryce McQuiad and H2ODelirious playing Gartic Phone with their friends lately.  It's a game like the traditional 'Telephone' game where you pass a message along where the message gets changed over time, but in Gartic Phone you get a prompt, then someone has to draw that prompt, then someone creates a new prompt for that drawing. It definitely has some adult content in there, so not really for younger kids, but some of the stuff is hilarious and some of their friends are pretty damn good artists.  If you are looking for something interesting and at times hilarious, check it out.

Edited by THE DUKE

my favorite youtube peeps are....

My favorite news guy. Makes it fun when it can be, not afraid to report on the stories that will kill him in the Youtube algorithm, and he presents it very unbiased, gives both angles that are being discussed, and then asks for the audience opinion in the comments. Sometimes he will say, "my opinion on this is..." and give his 2 cents but he always makes it clear that it is just his opinion. 

This is my favorite Basketball personality. He is knowledgeable and does a ton of research when he makes his videos. He deep dives past events and conspiracy theories and recent big events in the NBA. Fun guy to watch. 

New Rockstars are you standard nerd talking heads. They do deep breakdowns of trailers and movies/shows in the MCU, Star Wars, etc etc. They go all in and their theories are often wrong but its fun all the same. They also do a structured podcast where they pitch theories and how things will go in films/shows. 

Some of my favorite people on youtube are the Valleyfolk. They do mostly sketch comedy and podcasts. SUPER down to earth people who are just having fun making content together. My favorite thing they have done is Movie Movie Game. 

Im also a big fan of the boys and girls at WhatCulture. They have multiple channels so I wont link a video but they do top 10 and newsy reaction vids for Pro Wrestling, Star Wars, Star Trek, Movies, TV, and Video Games.  

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Im also a big fan of the boys and girls at WhatCulture. They have multiple channels so I wont link a video but they do top 10 and newsy reaction vids for Pro Wrestling, Star Wars, Star Trek, Movies, TV, and Video Games.  

WhatCulture is one i've picked up on recently too.  I haven't watched watched wrestling since the early 2000's, but these guys make it fun to keep up from a distance and not put any real time into it. That's what started me with them and i've branched out a bit into the other stuff.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

WhatCulture is one i've picked up on recently too.  I haven't watched watched wrestling since the early 2000's, but these guys make it fun to keep up from a distance and not put any real time into it. That's what started me with them and i've branched out a bit into the other stuff.

Wrestling is the channel that hooked me with them as well. I think what makes them stand out from the crowd is that you can tell they are actually passionate about the material they cover. The wrestling boys LOVE wrestling. The video games peeps play religiously. The comics nerds drop $50 every Wednesday. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Third Rider said:

I recently have been watching some criminal psychology breakdowns, some stories can be quite fascinating like this one: 

I specifically remember this. I am a huge True Crime junky and I listen to Sword & Scale and the Morbid podcast so anything True Crime just flat out gets me. This woman, right here, is the epitome of a see you next Tuesday. I remember getting really, really pissed at this entire process because it dragged on over bull**** and wasted taxpayer money despite the fact that she was clearly guilty. She got off light only getting in the 20 year range. She should've died in prison.

• Like 1

I tend to watch a lot of old comedy sketches since modern comedy is straight booty....so I watch old stuff from Late Night with Conan OBrien, Craig Ferguson, In Living Color, MadTV, Whitest Kids U Know, Carol Burnett, 90s SNL and a few others.

I also enjoy comedic, satirical reviews of movies and games, so I like AVGN and Nostalgia Critic, and for real (but entertaining) reviews, I like Chris Stuckmann, Jeremy Jahns and Critical Drinker.

I also like watching cooking and food review videos.   Daym Drops is entertaining as hell.    Anything Gordon Ramsey is in is usually fun.   Sam the Cooking Guy is a cool dude too.   I used to like Babish, but his content feels over produced anymore.

I watch other content....but that might not lead down a great path, so Ill refrain.

Bottom line...if its something that can make me laugh occasionally, its usually on YouTube for me.

15 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Wrestling is the channel that hooked me with them as well. I think what makes them stand out from the crowd is that you can tell they are actually passionate about the material they cover. The wrestling boys LOVE wrestling. The video games peeps play religiously. The comics nerds drop $50 every Wednesday. 

I enjoyed WhatCulture Wrestling back when Adam Blampied was with them.

1 hour ago, 43M said:

I enjoyed WhatCulture Wrestling back when Adam Blampied was with them.

He's on a new one now, can't remember what the channel's called but search No Rolls Barred and you'll find him. All the original WhatCulture guys who left were so good, and their channel Cultaholic is excellent for wrestling stuff, I've just not watched wrestling for like a year.

But Blampied was the best one, real shame about what happened.

• Like 1

I watch so much gaming stuff on YouTube, just find it so relaxing. I'll either have a stream on in the background while I'm working, or watch a full series of something I don't necessarily want to play, but enjoy watching.

Some of the channels I watch are OfficialNerdCubed, Many A True Nerd (sensing a theme here?), and Mr Hurriicane. 

Many A True Nerd has a great Fallout 4 series going right now, and Mr Hurriicane's Madden rebuilds will have you hooked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RJ_11 said:

I watch so much gaming stuff on YouTube, just find it so relaxing. I'll either have a stream on in the background while I'm working, or watch a full series of something I don't necessarily want to play, but enjoy watching.

Some of the channels I watch are OfficialNerdCubed, Many A True Nerd (sensing a theme here?), and Mr Hurriicane. 

Many A True Nerd has a great Fallout 4 series going right now, and Mr Hurriicane's Madden rebuilds will have you hooked.

Haha...Ive been watching Hurriicane since his Madden 12 Vikings rebuild.    He actually dupes me into believing Madden franchise is fun to play for longer than a season or 2.   Then I play it and get sad.

1 hour ago, RJ_11 said:

He's on a new one now, can't remember what the channel's called but search No Rolls Barred and you'll find him. All the original WhatCulture guys who left were so good, and their channel Cultaholic is excellent for wrestling stuff, I've just not watched wrestling for like a year.

But Blampied was the best one, real shame about what happened.

His new one is WrestleTalk (Just looked it up).

Used to like his WC stuff about he would fix old wrestling storylines like the WCW Invasion back in 2001.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 43M said:

I also like watching cooking and food review videos.   Daym Drops is entertaining as hell.    Anything Gordon Ramsey is in is usually fun.   Sam the Cooking Guy is a cool dude too.   I used to like Babish, but his content feels over produced anymore.

• Like 2