• Jazz in 5
    • Jazz in 6
    • Jazz in 7
    • Clippers in 4
    • Clippers in 5
    • Clippers in 6
    • Clippers in 7

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Yes, Mitchell's scoring the last two series are about equal to Luka's on better efficiency. Luka still has two full seasons at a higher PPG/efficiency than Mitchell has ever had and is 2.5 years younger. Then add in significantly more playmaking, rebounding, less help, etc. By the time Luka is Mitchell's age he'll already have had a Hall of Fame career.

Good for him. Hopefully Dallas can add some pieces around him because it's not looking too good, he'll probably have a similar career trajectory to Dame Lillard. I just want to win championships, Luka can enjoy being a better player in cancun.  

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Good for him. Hopefully Dallas can add some pieces around him because it's not looking too good, he'll probably have a similar career trajectory to Dame Lillard. I just want to win championships, Luka can enjoy being a better player in cancun.  

He's already better than Dame has ever been and better than Mitchell will ever be. He's more closely following the LeBron/Jordan path than the Lillard path.

5 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

He's already better than Dame has ever been and better than Mitchell will ever be. He's more closely following the LeBron/Jordan path than the Lillard path.

Even LeBron had to leave and join a super team to win a title though. I meant he'll have a similar career trajectory to Dame in the sense that he's an elite player who won't have a ton of postseason success because his team probably won't be very good. Dallas has never really been able to attract marquee free agents and KP is washed. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Even LeBron had to leave and join a super team to win a title though. I meant he'll have a similar career trajectory to Dame in the sense that he's an elite player who won't have a ton of postseason success because his team probably won't be very good. Dallas has never really been able to attract marquee free agents and KP is washed. 

He's 22 and almost beat the Clippers essentially by himself. I'm not too worried. Thus far he's followed the same path as the two greatest players ever. The winning will come.

31 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

He's 22 and almost beat the Clippers essentially by himself. I'm not too worried. Thus far he's followed the same path as the two greatest players ever. The winning will come.

The two greatest players of all time were also in big markets and had other superstar, future HOFer teammates. 

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The two greatest players of all time were also in big markets and had other superstar, future HOFer teammates. 

Depending on the metric you use Dallas is somewhere between the 5th and 9th largest market in the NBA. It's not small and certainly bigger than Cleveland and Miami.

LeBron played with an actual superstar caliber player 3 times (11, 12, 20) in his entire career. He won two rings replacing a superstar caliber with two all star caliber guys. He will need better teammates, yes, but he'll be 24 when KP is an expiring deal they can move on from. He has plenty of time.

Edited by Bullet Club

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

Depending on the metric you use Dallas is somewhere between the 5th and 9th largest market in the NBA. It's not small and certainly bigger than Cleveland and Miami.

When was the last time Dallas signed a max-contract level in free agency?

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

@BStanRamFan through their first 28 playoff games. 

Lebron James: 28.3 ppg on 45% FG

Kobe Bryant: 11.7 ppg on 41% FG 

Dwayne Wade: 23.1 ppg on 46% FG 

Kevin Durant: 27.4 ppg on 43% FG

James Harden: 12.8 ppg on 46% FG

Kawhi Leonard: 10.8 ppg on 53% FG 

Steph Curry: 24.7 ppg on 43% FG 

Let’s be honest though this day and age is the easiest to score in that there ever has been.

• Like 1

Mitchell is in a great situation right now. Utah has the pieces to complement him really well. Wade coming into that franchise and basically taking him under his wing is great for his development. I’m excited to see how his career goes. There are still aspects of his game that can develop further outside of scoring, but he’s on a great trajectory.

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Mitchell is in a great situation right now. Utah has the pieces to complement him really well. Wade coming into that franchise and basically taking him under his wing is great for his development. I’m excited to see how his career goes. There are still aspects of his game that can develop further outside of scoring, but he’s on a great trajectory.

We built around our star #BuiltNotBought like the fraud Lakers and Nets.