• Jazz in 5
    • Jazz in 6
    • Jazz in 7
    • Clippers in 4
    • Clippers in 5
    • Clippers in 6
    • Clippers in 7

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Game 2 should be really interesting. The Clips will have been able to put the Mavs series behind them - and the Jazz will try to build off the confidence of this Game 1 win. Should be good.

If Mike Conley is back it will be a huge boost. Rudy feasts when he plays with Conley in the pick-n-roll, one game this year he had like 23/20. So if that happens and our guys don't miss like 20+ shots in a row I like our chances. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Lebron averaged more ppg than Donovan ever has in his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th seasons. 

We're talking about playoff games, where they actually count.

Through LeBron's first 28 he was averaging 28 ppg on 43% FG, literally identical to Mitchell's numbers. 

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

He's legit. You just overrated the hell out of him. 

At that time, sure. But he's blossoming into a legitimate superstar in front of our eyes. In his last 11 playoff games he's averaging 32 ppg on 50% FG and has had a 45 point game, 51 point game, and 57 point game. He also just has that mamba mentality that guys either have or they don't. I also think it's important to remember that he's only in his 4th year in the league. And me "over rating him" was saying he was the best young player in the league. If he continues on his terror and we make the Finals I think he has a valid case. 

Edited by NYRaider

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If Mike Conley is back it will be a huge boost. Rudy feasts when he plays with Conley in the pick-n-roll, one game this year he had like 23/20. So if that happens and our guys don't miss like 20+ shots in a row I like our chances. 

Dont know anything about the severity of his injury....but agree, he was missed yesterday. A good shooter.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Dont know anything about the severity of his injury....but agree, he was missed yesterday. A good shooter.

Conley is also a great passer, good defender, and makes winning plays. The Lakers doomed their season by not acquiring Lowry at the deadline he would've been a huge boost. I could see DeRozan and Lowry both coming to LA and taking less money to chase another ring together. 

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

At that time, sure. But he's blossoming into a legitimate superstar in front of our eyes. In his last 11 playoff games he's averaging 32 ppg on 50% FG and has had a 45 point game, 51 point game, and 57 point game. He also just has that mamba mentality that guys either have or they don't. I also think it's important to remember that he's only in his 4th year in the league. And me "over rating him" was saying he was the best young player in the league. If he continues on his terror and we make the Finals I think he has a valid case. 

He's certainly proving that he's a remarkable scorer and should be a top 25 guy for a long time. He's better than I expected. That said, you lost a bet saying he'd be top 3 in MVP voting...last year. He'll likely never be that guy. He doesn't have a case for best young player either. Luka is in a tier of his own on that list. Zion, Ja, Trae, Bam, Tatum, Booker, Towns and Mitchell can fight for second. 

Edited by Bullet Club

4 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

He's certainly proving that he's a remarkable scorer and should be a top 25 guy for a long time. He's better than I expected. That said, you lost a bet saying he'd be top 3 in MVP voting...last year. He'll likely never be that guy. He doesn't have a case for best young player either. Luka is in a tier of his own on that list. Zion, Ja, Trae, Bam, Tatum, Booker, Towns and Mitchell can fight for second. 

Ehhh, we'll see. Post ASB Mitchell was averaging like 32 ppg on the best team in the league. I think we saw a major difference between Luka and Mitchell game one. In clutch time Mitchell carries while Luka fades. The only thing Luka is the best young player at is getting sent home to Cancun by the Clippers round 1 every year. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Conley is also a great passer, good defender, and makes winning plays.

Alright....let's not go overboard :)

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Lakers doomed their season by not acquiring Lowry at the deadline he would've been a huge boost.

Agreed - he would have helped. I'm not sure the total of what had to be given up (although I think Schroder was part of it...) - but his long term prospects to stick with the team.....not sure it could have worked.

In's / Out's & the many exceptions to the NBA cap is totally lost on me. Simply dont care enough to actually figure it out - but - the LAL are really tight. That much I know. It'll have to be a player (or two) out - a player (or two) in. Will it happen? Based on my thinking they need shooters.....I'm hopeful.

I became disillusioned with Schroder over time. Like his ability to run the team - dont like the turnovers or his shot. He seems wayyyyyy too tenative with his shot. TRM says he shoots 49% on his jumpers. I must not have seen those games. Would I like him back? Call me conflicted at this point.

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Ehhh, we'll see. Post ASB Mitchell was averaging like 32 ppg on the best team in the league. I think we saw a major difference between Luka and Mitchell game one. In clutch time Mitchell carries while Luka fades. The only thing Luka is the best young player at is getting sent home to Cancun by the Clippers round 1 every year. 

This is like your Mitchell/Giannis comparison two years ago. General statements based on myths aren't going to get anywhere with me. The difference between Luka and Mitchell is Mitchell has a great team around him and his best teammate had one of the best individual defensive seasons in the history of the NBA. Post ASB Mitchell averaged 29.6 ppg over a 19 game sample size. His 'great stretch' was basically Luka's whole season. Scoring is Mitchell's best trait and Luka is even better at it. The gap is so clear you can't even compare them.

The real reason Luka's on a different planet offensively is because of his elite playmaking and ability to control the pace of the game no matter what. He's one of the five best playmakers in the NBA with Jokic, LeBron, Harden, and CP3. That's why one of the guys is a top 7 player at worst (while being 2.5 years younger) and the other is a top 15 player at best. If you can't see it, it's a knock against your ability to evaluate.

Your insistence on giving Mitchell too much credit is hurting the perception of him around here. Putting him into ridiculous comparisons, and placing such high expectations on him only make him look worse. Compare him to the group of guys he's actually comparable with.

4 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

This is like your Mitchell/Giannis comparison two years ago. General statements based on myths aren't going to get anywhere with me. The difference between Luka and Mitchell is Mitchell has a great team around him and his best teammate had one of the best individual defensive seasons in the history of the NBA. Post ASB Mitchell averaged 29.6 ppg over a 19 game sample size. His 'great stretch' was basically Luka's whole season. Scoring is Mitchell's best trait and Luka is even better at it. The gap is so clear you can't even compare them.

The real reason Luka's on a different planet offensively is because of his elite playmaking and ability to control the pace of the game no matter what. He's one of the five best playmakers in the NBA with Jokic, LeBron, Harden, and CP3. That's why one of the guys is a top 7 player at worst (while being 2.5 years younger) and the other is a top 15 player at best. If you can't see it, it's a knock against your ability to evaluate.

Your insistence on giving Mitchell too much credit is hurting the perception of him around here. Putting him into ridiculous comparisons, and placing such high expectations on him only make him look worse. Compare him to the group of guys he's actually comparable with.

Mitchell has been other worldly in his last 11 playoff games and will take his team to the finals in year 4. Luka hasn't even gotten out of round 1 in year seasons.