Aaron Rodgers officially begins holdout by skipping Packers mandatory mini-camp

TheKillerNacho

Just now, incognito_man said:

Nobody is forgetting anything. The "human element" (whatever that is) is not significant or measurable. There is nothing about any human element that will factor into GB front office decision. In fact, they have really no decision to make at this point any longer. 

It's at a point where either Rodgers shows up and plays on GB or he quits football and loses lots of money.

TO doing sit ups is a human element. AB calling his GM a "cracker" is human element. Brett Favre waffling year after year is human element. Brady being able to recruit is human element. 

Not everything is binary. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

You didnt explain anything. You just stated something as if it was fact. I am trying to verify your statements, but nothing on the internet shows that he will have to payback $30m nor that he is due anything more than the $14.7m salary. 

So I am trying to find out if you are right or just full of it. 

Roster bonus of $6.8 million for 2021. Remaining $23 million of signing bonus that covered the last 3 years of his contract. 

TO doing sit ups is a human element. AB calling his GM a "cracker" is human element. Brett Favre waffling year after year is human element. Brady being able to recruit is human element. 

Not everything is binary. 

Those examples do not indicate at all that the team didn't hold the cards though? Those examples are examples of the human element, but they are definitely not examples of how the human element pried leverage away from a team.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

You're technically right. He's under contract and actually has no leverage. However, there's more to it than that. The team is not going to be anywhere near as good with him out, so you're now dealing with fans and players in the locker room that are ticked off.

If the money you list him losing is accurate ($50 million), he probably will come back and play. But what if he comes back and half-arses everything?

If Rodgers comes in and half ***** it while playing, I don't think that is endearing for most fans.  Players are probably split, but will keep most unhappiness under wraps.

With Rodgers having a big concern for his personal image, I think him playing half *** is a low probability 

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

Those examples do not indicate at all that the team didn't hold the cards though? Those examples are examples of the human element, but they are definitely not examples of how the human element pried leverage away from a team.

What? TO and AB were on very new contracts. The team 100% "held all the cards". 

You maybe to close to this to see that Arod absolutely has influence in all of this.

• Like 1

Just now, Matts4313 said:

This part will be paid/replaced income by another team when he is traded.

Omg dude

What is so difficult here lol

If he's traded he won't even have to pay that back. He has zero control over being traded. Stop referencing a trade like it's somehow his choice or in his control. The ENTIRE point is that GB controls that decision...

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

If Rodgers comes in and half ***** it while playing, I don't think that is endearing for most fans.  Players are probably split, but will keep most unhappiness under wraps.

With Rodgers having a big concern for his personal image, I think him playing half *** is a low probability 

Its been done before. The new team doesnt often care. Ask any Pats fan what they think of Randy Moss. 

What? TO and AB were on very new contracts. The team 100% "held all the cards". 

You maybe to close to this to see that Arod absolutely has influence in all of this.

He has 100% of the "influence" in that he gets to pick one of two options available to him: show up and play for GB or quit football and lose lots of money.

There's nothing else he has control of...

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This part will be paid/replaced income by another team when he is traded.

You are confusing the options presented.  If Rodgers retires he is $50M net down.

$30M in likely paying back of bonus money GB can recoup and the other base salary.  I

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Omg dude

What is so difficult here lol

If he's traded he won't even have to pay that back. He has zero control over being traded. Stop referencing a trade like it's somehow his choice or in his control. The ENTIRE point is that GB controls that decision...

Maybe I have more faith in your team than you. I dont think they will sit on an asset for 3 years out of spite. Maybe because no team has ever done it before. 

You will trade Rodgers if he demands it. If you think different, you are wrong. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

You are confusing the options presented.  If Rodgers retires he is $50M net down.

$30M in likely paying back of bonus money GB can recoup and the other base salary.  I

Nah, I understand it completely. I dont think he is retiring. I am discussing a hold out. 

Its been done before. The new team doesnt often care. Ask any Pats fan what they think of Randy Moss. 

What new team?  Rodgers isn't a FA.

You are assuming a trade that Rodgers doesn't have control of happening.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Maybe I have more faith in your team than you. I dont think they will sit on an asset for 3 years out of spite. Maybe because no team has ever done it before. 

You will trade Rodgers if he demands it. If you think different, you are wrong. 

We will trade Rodgers if we get the compensation we want. Otherwise we will not. It doesn't matter at all what he "demands". He already tried to demand that before the draft and look what happened.

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

What new team?  Rodgers isn't a FA.

You are assuming a trade that Rodgers doesn't have control of happening.

Its clear you two are looking solely at the numbers and not looking at what actually happens in the real world. In the real world that we live in, Arod can force a trade even if he doesnt have the contract/monetary leverage. He is already rich and will have gigs lined up for the rest of his life. A short term interruption in his NFL salary will have no bearing on how this all plays out. You know how I know?

It happens every single year. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 3