Vikings sign DT Sheldon Richardson

SteelKing728

9 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I might not be completely accurate in my comparison but he's always seemed too good to bounce around the way he has. Gotta be something I'm missing or we're missing. 

No idea why that's the case with Richardson, he was great in Cleveland but I know what your saying. I think a lot of it has to do with past reputation of being sort of a guy who stirs things up where he goes. That and I think his salary expectations are always a bit higher than teams are comfortable with making a long term investment on.

A few guys are like that, Tre Boston for example, Suh played for 4 teams in 6 years. Brandin Cooks has bounced around for a while now despite being a pretty good young player.

• Like 1

He is an above average starter, I never thought he was great at the point of attack,  he is better at shedding and making a tackle than being stout. 

I'd say he is a great 3rd dt on your team. He does stay healthy which is a big part of his appeal.

On 6/16/2021 at 10:02 AM, viking said:

The Vikings DTs need to be in the conversation for the most improved units in the NFL from 2020.

Very excited about this signing - Sheldon can focus on what he does best which is attacking the QB

On paper, at least. Haven’t seen Pierce in over a year, though he seems to be in great shape. I think we know what we have in Richardson and he’s going to be a nice player to rotate into nickel packages. Tomlinson looks like an emerging player, seems similar to when Joseph came over from the Giants. 

If Hunter returns to form, it will be a very good unit.

Just need some production from the other DE spot between Weatherly, Wonnum or Jones.

Has the potential to be one of the deeper units in the league.

On 6/15/2021 at 12:20 PM, Rodjahs12 said:

This dude is like the Breeland of defensive line man good everywhere he goes but it doesn't seem many teams are real keen on having him in their locker room for very long

The Vikings brought him back so he may have been fine then