2022 where we finally are rebuilt draft thread

7 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Because he has just about as many NFL catches as our te 1.   

It's stupid to give up an upside te who flashed the off-season before for a conditional 7th when he'd probably beat James out for te. 

I'm also calling it #becauseJags but this seems like the kinda move that hurts u in the long run. 

1. You know this regime wasnt here last offseason. 
2. Did Mark Andrews just stop being a thing? Lets not act like the pro bowl is in his future already 

3. How the hell can Josh Oliver make the ProBowl with Hunter Henry walking around? The man is a walking probowl TE

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

1. You know this regime wasnt here last offseason. 
2. Did Mark Andrews just stop being a thing? Lets not act like the pro bowl is in his future already 

3. How the hell can Josh Oliver make the ProBowl with Hunter Henry walking around? The man is a walking probowl TE

Trent was here. 

I don't see why we traded off a very promising te for literally a conditional 7 when we literally had no proven pass catching te threat. 

2. Never said he would start but he should be solid 2/3.  With how urban wants to use yes as clearly defined roles as tes 1 as a blocker and 1 as a pass catcher.  Oliver would clearly be a good upside guy to take a chance with in the pass catching role. 

3. Never said he would be a pro bowler but u give away a promising young talented te(the biggest weakness on the team at the time and still currently a big weakness). 

If he wasn't traded hed probably be the leader for the pass catcher role. 

56 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I don't see why we traded off a very promising te for literally a conditional 7 when we literally had no proven pass catching te threat. 

In the thread about him being traded, you called him a bust, and were so confident on him doing nothing that you stated he would be cut before the season starts and then signed to the practice squad later. Prior to that, you said that we needed to move on from him because “Josh oliver (can't count on a guy who's played a handful of games in 2 years)” < actual quote from you.

Here’s another from you: “i didnt see much to like with oliver with his limited snaps.”

You know exactly why he was traded. You just want to play revisionist history to have something to be mad about. 

5 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

The best ability is availability. 

People acting like we traded away Tony Gonzalez in his prime.

The thing for me is that I fully understand that people are frustrated with the way the TE room shook out for this season, and there's some genuine questions to be asked about how it got to the point it's at, why they didn't put more resources into the position, and all of that. Because the room is bare, and it's a fair question.

What I completely don't understand is this revisionist history over Josh Oliver. People were laughing about the fact that we got anything for him because he was worthless, and now many of those same folks are talking about how he was this promising player and how he has Pro Bowl potential and this franchise screwed everything up by letting him go. I don't get it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Charles said:

More concerning to me than this Oliver baloney is passing on Freiermuth.   Dude is balling out for the steelers....would like to know why we passed on him

Walker Little has the look of a guy who could be a franchise LT so far, so it's kinda hard at this point to find fault with taking him instead.

5 hours ago, pwny said:

Walker Little has the look of a guy who could be a franchise LT so far, so it's kinda hard at this point to find fault with taking him 

Big if.  He's had a good camp and pushed around some 3rd and 4th stringers in the Cleveland game, but he's not even a starter yet.  Meanwhile, our TEs haven't shown anything in the passing game.  I'm just a little surprised that TE didn't seem to a big priority for the team, especially considering that Urban keeps emphasizing that he wants to win now.

That said, I still couldn't care less about moving on from Oliver.  Good for him if he turns things around. 

7 hours ago, Charles said:

More concerning to me than this Oliver baloney is passing on Freiermuth.   Dude is balling out for the steelers....would like to know why we passed on him

The interesting part is they toughted all these personal connection and we hired Penn states te coach. 

Id say we screwed up picking Campbell instead of friermuth. 

Instead of Farrell we should have picked tay gowan. 

On 8/22/2021 at 1:23 PM, pwny said:

In the thread about him being traded, you called him a bust, and were so confident on him doing nothing that you stated he would be cut before the season starts and then signed to the practice squad later. Prior to that, you said that we needed to move on from him because “Josh oliver (can't count on a guy who's played a handful of games in 2 years)” < actual quote from you.

Here’s another from you: “i didnt see much to like with oliver with his limited snaps.”

You know exactly why he was traded. You just want to play revisionist history to have something to be mad about. 

Cuz we traded him for peanuts before we even signed or even looked at fa te besides the blocker guy. 

I'm more mad that urban claims to want to have a good te then he ends up trading a young guy who had some potential and showed out in camp last year for a 7 and then drafting his homie Farrell over Jordan (especially if we are using 1 TE as a blocker and 1 as a pass catcher. 

He got caught jerkin off with the fantasy of Tebow being a possible te convert guy and instead of signing a good pass catching te or drafting 1 we decide to hit other positions that weren't highly needed like paying griffin and then drafting Campbell. 

7 hours ago, Charles said:

I’m surprised they did. With the hiring of his TE coach at Penn St, I thought it was a lock.

It’s early but I think Walker is the real deal. Can’t be mad at a franchise LT if that is what he turns out to be.