Jets sign OT Morgan Moses

Bianconero

On 6/26/2021 at 11:41 AM, ekill08x said:

Yeah I would really like to see them kick him in. His athleticism could make him valuable there and in the event Becton gets hurt or has to come out. 

I could not agree more, I think moving Fant to RG is the right move.

Edited by doumeyer

I know we all like to think things are like madden. But I seriously doubt the Jets switch Fant to RG.  I am pretty sure that Van Roten is going to start at RG, or they have a competition between him, Lewis, and Clark. I wish Clark would develop into a Brandon Moore level guard. Idk how the jets see him though, its hard because last year we had no preseason games and no offseason.  Preseason is good to see some of these backup guys in a game. 

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

I know we all like to think things are like madden. But I seriously doubt the Jets switch Fant to RG.  I am pretty sure that Van Roten is going to start at RG, or they have a competition between him, Lewis, and Clark. I wish Clark would develop into a Brandon Moore level guard. Idk how the jets see him though, its hard because last year we had no preseason games and no offseason.  Preseason is good to see some of these backup guys in a game. 

Unless Herndon looks good in camp... we could see Fant as that swing T/TE type guy a lot too. Run heavy with 6 OLineman with 2 great blocking WRs in Davis and Mims

Moses surely makes the OL better and it is light years better than Darnold ever had to work with. The same could be said about the receiving corps the Jets now have.

Joe D. has in 2 years done a good job of shoring up the OL. But IMHO could have done more and added more pieces and made the OL even stronger in 2021. 

Moses is a placeholder for things to come, J.D. had the opportunity to draft Cosmi who is penciled in at RT for Washington, same could be said at the Center position where they could have drafted Creed Humphrey who could play G in a pinch. 

They could have kept the 2, 3rd round picks and still drafted Carter and another asset. Do I think J.D. had a good draft, yes absolutely, but in 2022 they have to find their future C, G, and T. Because the 3 playing there right now are not in the future plans for this team.

Drafting E.Moore was a no brainer, but would Humphrey have been a bad choice, heck I think he was eventually drafted in the 2rd round. Quinn Meinerz was a 3rd round pick and projected to be a C.  Wyatt Davis G went in the 3rd round.

So if I were to speculate next years draft could have our new G, C, T, unless someone on the Jets steps up like Clark and then the Jets will only have to draft a C and T.

On 6/30/2021 at 7:53 AM, Big T said:

Drafting E.Moore was a no brainer, but would Humphrey have been a bad choice

Absolutely not but there are cap implications in doing that. In 4 years we would have to pay our stud OT and stud C followed by our stud OG the following year. That would be a lot to tie up on the OL over just two years. Just my opinion but JD seems to not want to devote too much $ to one position group in such a short period of time. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Creed Humphrey over Elijah Moore. I've officially heard it all.

Not one but TWO centers got drafted ahead of Creed. Big names seriously hold way too much weight. That would've been a poor decision.

We didn’t “need” a C. But Creed will be a great C in the nfl and he went to a great situation for him to succeed.

On 7/6/2021 at 6:11 PM, Bobby816 said:

We didn’t “need” a C. But Creed will be a great C in the nfl and he went to a great situation for him to succeed.

My point is he was far from the BPA, need aside. Goes to show what a big name will do for draft stock, at least in the fans eyes.

On 7/2/2021 at 6:45 PM, xrade said:

Absolutely not but there are cap implications in doing that. In 4 years we would have to pay our stud OT and stud C followed by our stud OG the following year. That would be a lot to tie up on the OL over just two years. Just my opinion but JD seems to not want to devote too much $ to one position group in such a short period of time. 

I wanted to say a bad  choice, we would have had 2 Centers (Okay) but one is a rental and played poorly last year. Since Mangold we haven't addressed the position positively (as in drafting his replacement).

6 minutes ago, Big T said:

I wanted to say a bad  choice, we would have had 2 Centers (Okay) but one is a rental and played poorly last year. Since Mangold we haven't addressed the position positively (as in drafting his replacement).

Joe D has two firsts and two seconds, the position will be addressed in due time. 

3 hours ago, Big T said:

McGovern was a top 10 (maybe even top 5) C when we signed him. He has very good talent. It didn’t show last year with an awful system and terrible OGs next to him.

A better system and an all around better OL should make this unit a real strength for us. The left side of this OL (including McGovern) can be dominant. These guys will feed off each others good play.

Our OL is not a issue anymore, you don't need stars at every position. The OL is not holding this team back, they have enough talent to be at least in the upper half of the league. 

Gase had awful schemes, I was watching some shows and they were saying how Gase would do deep drop backs which is dumb in todays league and his run schemes were trash. We now have a offense that should make things run better.  It all depends on if we hit on Wilson, if hes the QB I think he is we should have a solid offense. 

Edited by NYJets4716

2 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Our OL is not a issue anymore, you don't need stars at every position. The OL is not holding this team back, they have enough talent to be at least in the upper half of the league. 

Gase had awful schemes, I was watching some shows and they were saying how Gase would do deep drop backs which is dumb in todays league and his run schemes were trash. We now have a offense that should make things run better.  It all depends on if we hit on Wilson, if hes the QB I think he is we should have a solid offense. 

Exactly. We have one of the better units now in the nfl at OL. 4 very talented starters. DL is the same with 3 very talented starters and talent to rotate in.

Our only glaring weakness is CB. And I quite frankly don’t mind the approach of letting these young guys battle it out. There will for sure be growing pains. But with a good DL, Safeties and a decent LB group. They don’t have as much pressure on them as a lot of CB groups do.

• 1 month later...

Apologies if I was too late to participate this topic but whatever.

The story of signing Moses has me scratching my head.   One article said that Moses would get maximum of 5.3m for 80 percent of snap/play. OTC said that Moses would get 500k bonus per game (Does it mean he would get more than 9m for 2021 if he played whole season?)

Moses is one year older than Fant but Fant is set to earn between 4.5m to 8.5 new money in 2021.  

If both enter 2021 on Jets roster, it will be cheaper to start Fant instead of Moses at RT.  Maybe Jets will trade one of them for late rounder right before week 1.

Still, it feels weird.