2021 Olympic Basketball: USA v France for Gold (Friday 10:30 est)

11sanchez11

9 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Did KD make a single shot that 4th quarter?

Tatum and Booker weren't all that either.

Nope, he was 4-7 heading into the 4th and then missed all five of his shots. I get this team has a lot of talent, but they need to play off KD being the dominant scorer like France does with Fournier and Australia does with Mills. The team needs to play off that and have defined roles going forward. 

They looked good for a bit and then had a inconsistent 2nd half. Welp, on to the next one…. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The team needs to play off that and have defined roles going forward. 

Yep. The chemistry is lacking (which I can understand I guess) and dudes don't know how to fit in, especially the scorers.

Guys like Holiday and Draymond are high iq and know how to do the little things and play their roles.

Like we've said Jrue just needs to be in the starting back court.

And, I know you said start him next to Dame, but I'd rather he came off the bench as a 6th man.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yep. The chemistry is lacking (which I can understand I guess) and dudes don't know how to fit in, especially the scorers.

Guys like Holiday and Draymond are high iq and know how to do the little things and play their roles.

Like we've said Jrue just needs to be in the starting back court.

And, I know you said start him next to Dame, but I'd rather he came off the bench as a 6th man.

Bring Dame off the bench? I don't know, I think you have to start him. You need his three point shooting and scoring ability. Dame and KD need to be the go to scorers on the team and everyone else play their role. Tatum was missing his shots today but I still think he needs to start instead of the two big line up. 

Jrue/Dame/KD/Tatum/Bam or Dray. I still think this is the way to go. 

KD though needs to be better. I'm putting the loss on him. Foul trouble from the start and never got in rhythm and missed two good looks to put the team up one. Terrible. 

9 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

This Possession kinda sums up this team lol.

I mean four good looks, with two of them being GREAT wide open practice looks. They didn't go in but nothing wrong with the shots that they got there.

They need to make it easier on themselves when a bucket is needed. Either run a two man game with Dame/KD, or get KD the ball at the elbow and let him go to work. It doesn't need to be complicated. 

The next two games in group play should be a breeze but they need to develop some good habits before they get to single elimination. 

• Like 1

This team will get better as tournament progresses man. But having said that this team just doesn’t fit together. Like somebody said, basically just got a bunch of iso players. Aside from Bam and Draymond, there are no defined roles. They’ll still win gold. Just gonna take time. This is no way and indictment on Pop.

Edited by Kip Smithers

4 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

This team will get better as tournament progresses man. But having said that this team just doesn’t fit together. Like somebody said, basically just got a bunch of iso players. Aside from Bam and Draymond, there are no defined roles. They’ll still win gold. Just gonna take time. This is no way and indictment on Pop.

hi-res-d5f1de29e60d2765a02fc7e4afc34a19_