Heimdallr

new and improved INTRO thread

7 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

what's a borean? because the new guy is a hyper one.

Borean tundra....World of Witchcraft, perhaps? 

22 hours ago, vike daddy said:

what's a borean? because the new guy is a hyper one.

Haha.  I got that name from Gregg Easterbrooks' old weekly column about the NFL.  Hyperborean is what he called Vikings.  According to Wikipedia:  "In Greek mythology the Hyperboreans were a race of giants who lived "beyond the North Wind". The Greeks thought that Boreas, the god of the North Wind lived in Thrace, and therefore Hyperborea indicates that it is a region beyond Thrace".

I recall he also called the Titans "the flaming thumbtacks" because that's what he thought their helmet emblem looked like, and the Patriots were "the Flying Elvii" because he thought their emblem looked like Elvis.  And the Bears were the Ming Ding Xiong ("Bears whose outcomes are decided by fate" in Chinese).   I can't remember the others but he had some doozies.  It was always an entertaining read.  

53 minutes ago, Hyperborean said:

Haha.  I got that name from Gregg Easterbrooks' old weekly column about the NFL.  Hyperborean is what he called Vikings.  According to Wikipedia:  "In Greek mythology the Hyperboreans were a race of giants who lived "beyond the North Wind". The Greeks thought that Boreas, the god of the North Wind lived in Thrace, and therefore Hyperborea indicates that it is a region beyond Thrace".

I recall he also called the Titans "the flaming thumbtacks" because that's what he thought their helmet emblem looked like, and the Patriots were "the Flying Elvii" because he thought their emblem looked like Elvis.  And the Bears were the Ming Ding Xiong ("Bears whose outcomes are decided by fate" in Chinese).   I can't remember the others but he had some doozies.  It was always an entertaining read.  

i like the new guy.

27 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i like the new guy.

But I'm an old guy.  I guess you don't remember me from the old forum.  Back when Red McCombs was a member.  It's been a few years.  I may have been complaining about Tarvaris Jackson still back then, maybe it was Teddy.  Can't remember.

58 minutes ago, Hyperborean said:

But I'm an old guy.  I guess you don't remember me from the old forum.  Back when Red McCombs was a member.  It's been a few years.  I may have been complaining about Tarvaris Jackson still back then, maybe it was Teddy.  Can't remember.

oh. what was your username then?

Just now, Hyperborean said:

Hyperborean...O.o

oh.... then no, i don't remember you from those days. you must not have posted much.

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

oh.... then no, i don't remember you from those days. you must not have posted much.

No, I was pretty active.  But no big deal that you don't remember.  It's all good, it's been a while.

1 minute ago, Hyperborean said:

No, I was pretty active.  But no big deal that you don't remember.  It's all good, it's been a while.

I REMEMBER EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING! just yesterday, i walked in to my living room to get a... a... wait...a... dammit.

20 hours ago, Hyperborean said:

Yeah, you'll have to excuse him, VD's forgotten a lot since nickelpete left.  

On 1/17/2020 at 5:36 PM, Heimdallr said:

Did you make the move? How do you like it over here?

I did. We got out here in October. So far it's been good! It's a lot of fun living near the city and seeing all the purple. I am excited for spring and summer so that we can do a little more exploring with the kids. 

I work up at Abbott Northwestern Hospital every Thursday and about every other week I drive by the stadium just for kicks and giggles. 

On 2020-01-17 at 6:39 PM, Heimdallr said:

Are you involved on the instrumentation/controls side at all? That is my specialty. 

I just completed my Level 1 operator course (a requirement the Ontario gov put into place after the Walkerton ecoli outbreak in 2000).

Man treatment is so much more complicated then distribution, I only work on distribution and have not seen a math formula since highschool so it definitely got complicated. 

*I thought I was quoting both you and hyberborean

Edited by BWG VIKE