NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Timing of it would make it damn near impossible.  Teams aren't allowed to talk to prospective FAs that aren't their own, so it'd be incredibly risky if they passed on Suggs because they thought they might Ball.  No, it probably had more to do with their preference of Barnes over Suggs.

Or they knew a ton of veteran PG's would be available in free agency?

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Point 1: I don't see any team that's interested in Schroder being willing to give up assets to acquire him, because I'd assume those teams would be New York, New Orleans, and Chicago who could just sign him outright. Unless Chicago wants to do a S&T of Lauri for Schroder. 

Point 2: As CWood said, for it to work salary wise in a Schroder S&T that nets Buddy back, Schroder would have to get like $19M in year 1. Does Sacramento want to trade Buddy for THT on a deal like that? Probably not. Also what is THT going to learn from Russ? How to ball hog and miss open 3's? lol.

Point 3: Everything you're currently saying about Caruso is what they were saying about Matty D when he played with LeBron in Cleveland. Dude got a big deal and fell off, lol.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/playoffs/2015/05/15/matthew-dellavedova-david-blatt-lebron-james/27353521/

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/nba/news/lebron-james-matthew-dellavedova-does-everything-correct/o1mpvf4ld0o812nozvvsbk4ts

Point 1: Not necessarily.  The Kings motivation could be to clear Buddy Hield's contract.  Depending on how much you value Kyle Kuzma, they were trading for him and an expiring contract in Montrezl Harrell.  There were mixed reports whether or not the Lakers even offered their FRP.  If they could find a team who can offer an expiring contract and some SRPs, you could possibly piece together enough SRPs to make it work.

Point 2: Depends on if anyone else is involved.  As it stands, Schroder can't make more than $18.6M in Y1 without it affecting his trade value.  But if the Lakers were to include Marc Gasol (waived) and Alfonzo McKinnie (need to guarantee his contract), they could lower Schroder's Y1 deal to just under $13.8M to squeeze Hield's contract in.

Point 3: I'm not sure using the poorly ran Cavs as an example.  Caruso will get a solid deal.  Probably something like 3 years, $24M with the 3rd year being a team option or partially guaranteed.  Or something along those lines.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They can clear enough space to pay Lonzo $20-24M APY either way.

That doesn't change the fact that he's a RFA...and New Orleans would like to get something to show for him.  Even a massive TPE and a few dummy SRPs would be better then nothing.

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Point 1: I don't see any team that's interested in Schroder being willing to give up assets to acquire him, because I'd assume those teams would be New York, New Orleans, and Chicago who could just sign him outright. Unless Chicago wants to do a S&T of Lauri for Schroder. 

You ain't telling me anything I don't already know.

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Point 3: Everything you're currently saying about Caruso is what they were saying about Matty D when he played with LeBron in Cleveland. Dude got a big deal and fell off, lol.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/playoffs/2015/05/15/matthew-dellavedova-david-blatt-lebron-james/27353521/

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/nba/news/lebron-james-matthew-dellavedova-does-everything-correct/o1mpvf4ld0o812nozvvsbk4ts

Get out my face bruh lol

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

6 ppg on 36% FG and 29% 3FG while Booker averaged nearly 30 ppg on 50% FG, lol. Dude sucks.

Career 38% from beyond the arc.  But go ahead and use some stupidly small sample size to justify your argument.

Just now, CWood21 said:

That doesn't change the fact that he's a RFA...and New Orleans would like to get something to show for him.  Even a massive TPE and a few dummy SRPs would be better then nothing.

There have been rumors for months now that the Pelicans don't want to pay him $20M+ APY. Especially since they need to make some big moves or Zion is likely going to force his way out. 

Or the Bulls can rescind their offer to Lauri and sign him outright or involve Lauri in a S&T. 

So they're going to rescind their QO and lose an asset to sign Dennis Schroder?  That doesn't seem likely.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Point 1: Not necessarily.  The Kings motivation could be to clear Buddy Hield's contract.  Depending on how much you value Kyle Kuzma, they were trading for him and an expiring contract in Montrezl Harrell.  There were mixed reports whether or not the Lakers even offered their FRP.  If they could find a team who can offer an expiring contract and some SRPs, you could possibly piece together enough SRPs to make it work.

Point 2: Depends on if anyone else is involved.  As it stands, Schroder can't make more than $18.6M in Y1 without it affecting his trade value.  But if the Lakers were to include Marc Gasol (waived) and Alfonzo McKinnie (need to guarantee his contract), they could lower Schroder's Y1 deal to just under $13.8M to squeeze Hield's contract in.

Point 3: I'm not sure using the poorly ran Cavs as an example.  Caruso will get a solid deal.  Probably something like 3 years, $24M with the 3rd year being a team option or partially guaranteed.  Or something along those lines.

The Kings could've also valued Kyle Kuzma especially since they're actively shopping Marvin Bagley as well and he plays the same position. 

Or they knew a ton of veteran PG's would be available in free agency?

Most of which have already been decided on where they're going.  Toronto is going on the outside looking in with PGs unless they're going after Schroder.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Same dude that was way ahead of everyone in the Westbrook to LA rumors. @CWood21

And NY is the team I'm most concerned about poaching Schroder and leaving the Lakers with nothing in return.  Also, you don't need to tag me.  I'm following the discussion.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

There have been rumors for months now that the Pelicans don't want to pay him $20M+ APY. Especially since they need to make some big moves or Zion is likely going to force his way out. 

And that's fine.  All you need to do is bluff long enough to get a team to say "I'll offer you a few dummy SRPs to S&T Lonzo", and they don't have to deal with his RFA.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

So they're going to rescind their QO and lose an asset to sign Dennis Schroder?  That doesn't seem likely.

There have been rumors that the Bulls want to move on from him for months. They need to make a splash move or they'll likely lose LaVine. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

There have been rumors that the Bulls want to move on from him for months. They need to make a splash move or they'll likely lose LaVine. 

Schroder is their splash move?  Lord help them if that's the case.