NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
So, um..... what is going on in the bay? Why is Lacob like this? @agarcia34 @J-ALL-DAY

Steph signing that extension? Should he? What's Lacob's plan?

Trade deadline should be interesting.

They need to get more serious about putting Steph in the best position his remaining years.

If you would've told me a couple years ago Steph would leave I would've laughed.

Free agency starts tomorrow, the season doesn't start for a couple of months. Lacob didn't panic and make a terrible trade just to make one. The Warriors did well in the draft landing Kuminga/Moody because they were two of the youngest players and best prospects in the draft. If they want to make a move for any player in the league there's no team that can offer a package better than one built around Wiseman, Kuminga, Moody, and Wiggins. 

Steph has played 1 year with a young team around him and that was because Klay was still injured. And even playing with that young team they were playing against you guys for a playoff spot. 

Is building the oldest roster full of non-shooters the route they should've went? 

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Insomnia? 

But,  that's all in the tweet I posted on last page and quoted in the first post of this page.

Not against Patty, but I definitely don't want to spend the mini MLE on him.

I didn't read it

@TheRealMcCoy when the Cavaliers acquired Kevin Love it was 2 months after they had drafted Wiggins #1 overall. They took their time and then decided to make a move. They didn't panic and trade for a player that didn't fit with their group because he was a big name or a former MVP. Westbrook is legitimately one of the worst off-ball players in the league and was terrible playing off of Harden. LeGM gonna leave your franchise in ruins, lol.

Signs were showed last season that maybe they weren't all in on winning. Kerr's statement on not chasing wins which became a nice little joke around Warriors Twitter. They wanted to do good, but not to good cause they wanted to keep their own draft pick.

Not using the disabled exception was also a sign. That was just stupid because as the season went on the bench rotation got shorter and shorter and could have used that body off the bench. Not to mention that player would be very helpful this season.

Not trading Ourbre was another one. Everyone knew mid way through the season he wasn't coming back. They reduced his role and he was not happy. Instead of trading him at the deadline for a player that you can control for a couple years. You keep Oubre and now he walks for free. That and the not using the disabled exception really hurts

I think they're putting a lot of their hope into Klay and putting a lot on his shoulders. 

As far as trading those draft picks. Think thats what you would obviously want, but its worse to sit there and offload those picks for a player who its not worth it. If there was a player out there that wanted out and then the Warriors refused to draft those picks for. I would get it, but at the end of the day. I think they made the correct move in using those picks instead of giving up 7. 14 and Wiseman and Wiggins for a average player or two.

Like I said on draft night. Kuminga and Moody can still get traded if the Warriors play their cards right and they show some development come the trade deadline. Why I think the Summer league is huge for those two players because it could be the launching pad to create buzz for those two players around the NBA

In one of those tweets. Someone said stop surrounding Steph and them with raw teenagers, but a player has to be on the block and a team has to be willing to trade for a trade to happen and both of those things weren't there.

IMO free agency was always gonna be the most important thing for this team cause its a real chance to bring in a couple of guys off the bench who can help.

Warriors twitter is an awful place to be in right now. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Lacob didn't panic and make a terrible trade just to make one.

Didn't suggest suggest he should've. Getting swindled by Philly for Ben wouldn't have been it obviously. 

You already know Steph, Klay and Dray want to compete now though.

Doesn't seem like Lacob is as interested in that. Most Warriors fans seem to think he has to big of an ego and wants to do it his way even if it means wasting Steph. 

We'll see what vets they add in FA and like I said the trade deadline should be interesting.

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Warriors did well in the draft landing Kuminga/Moody because they were two of the youngest players and best prospects in the draft. If they want to make a move for any player in the league there's no team that can offer a package better than one built around Wiseman, Kuminga, Moody, and Wiggins. 

Who is dying to have Wiggins? That's cool and all, but Wiseman didn't really up his value last year and the others are unproven. Who knows. Teams usually like proven guys or picks they can decide how to spend and on what prospect themselves, but yes they have some assets. Not denying that.

It seems like Warriors fans have good reason for not trusting him and liking his tone and worrying that he could cause Steph to leave after this year which would be catastrophic and not something the fans deserve. 

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

@TheRealMcCoy when the Cavaliers acquired Kevin Love it was 2 months after they had drafted Wiggins #1 overall. They took their time and then decided to make a move. They didn't panic and trade for a player that didn't fit with their group because he was a big name or a former MVP. Westbrook is legitimately one of the worst off-ball players in the league and was terrible playing off of Harden. LeGM gonna leave your franchise in ruins, lol.

You being weird bruh.

Andy is annoying. He has gotten more annoying as the offseason goes on. Unless Marcus Thompson told him the Warriors had offers and they refused he just making that up and last time I checked Marcus Thompson would just write a story on it and i haven't seen one about that. 

Edited by agarcia34