NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Green and Batum would be two guys that I think will be on their wish list. Maybe an Avery Bradley as well seeing how he just became available. 

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I thought so. They make sense for a lot of teams trying to contend, especially on the mini MLE.

Still unreal the Warriors are already at $180M in salary before free agency even begins. 

If the Jazz can somehow come away with Batum using our MLE and Winslow, Dieng, and Ntilikina on minimum deals I'd be ecstatic. 

PG - Mike Conley | Jared Butler | Frank Ntilikina 

SG - Donovan Mitchell | Jordan Clarkson | Miye Oni

SF - Bojan Bogdanovic | Joe Ingles | Justise Winslow

PF - Royce O'Neale | Nic Batum

C - Rudy Gobert | Gorgi Deing | Udoka Azubukie 

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Pelicans have to go into win now mode or Zion is forcing his way out. Ingram reportedly is looking for a way out as well. 

They’re bogus rumors. Ingram and Zion physically can’t do anything. Zion is under team control for like 6 more years and Ingram just signed a contract. 

@TheRealMcCoyto your post about the Warriors a few pages back… Simply put, there is no move they need to make yet. Why make a move now if a superstar like Beal becomes available in a few months? And you can always add non-stars at any point. Would Detroit turn down a package centered around Kuminga for Grant at say December? Of course not… So there's no reason to panic yet. And honestly, a lot will come down to how Klay returns and if he can get back to form or not. If he does? I bet the team is more aggressive making a win now move. Just need to sit back and let this play out. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

They’re bogus rumors. Ingram and Zion physically can’t do anything. Zion is under team control for like 6 more years and Ingram just signed a contract. 

If players want out and are vocal about it, they will get out.

@NYRaider

I’ll touch on Barnes/Suggs, Lonzo/Lowry & future PG talk and Pascal here:

I can see why we made the pick of Barnes over Suggs if it pays off or not remains to be seen I don’t think a bad workout after having seen and watched these guys for so long would have really changed our minds on the draft pick it was probably more about us already really liking Barnes and then becoming that much more impressed with him after meeting him and digging in more deeply. 

Lowry is probably gone but I think there are a few factors that could lead to him returning the option to retool on the fly and be a solid team is still an option if we made a trade heck there is probably a scenario where we can be pseudo contenders even with him gone but we could flip and to more of a standard rebuild. Neither surprise me at this point but I’d say it’s about 70% he’s gone and I’d imagine Philly, Miami and Dallas would feel like the top options for him. I really don’t see why he’d wanna play for New Orleans at this stage in his career unless he feels he’s done enough and wants to collect a pay check but that’s not where I’m thinking he’s at. 

So I’d imagine Lonzo is an option but not in a complex trade if we want him we’d try and sign him and I’d be alright with this move if we went this way. Honestly to pick Chicago over Toronto simply because it’s an American market is short sighted. I mean if that’s the only reason that’s hilarious. Toronto is a big market team that is treated like a small market team because of where it’s located I understand that and the well Kawhi left argument is lazy I mean he’s the ultimate outlier who simply wanted to go home. 

Pascal I would imagine is somewhat available because of Barnes and maybe what transpired with Nurse was more substantial than I’m aware of but I don’t get the sense he has to go or definitely wants out (I could be wrong but this is my thinking) he won’t be traded simply to be traded but if we got good value I’d think if we are leaning towards more of a rebuild would look into that Wiseman, Wiggins and Kuminga is that’s still an option I’d consider for sure. Again we may go the other way I’d imagine we keep kicking the tires on guys like Simmons and Beal and Dame if we decide we aren’t rebuilding but who knows. 

15 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Lowry is probably gone but I think there are a few factors that could lead to him returning the option to retool on the fly and be a solid team is still an option if we made a trade heck there is probably a scenario where we can be pseudo contenders even with him gone but we could flip and to more of a standard rebuild. Neither surprise me at this point but I’d say it’s about 70% he’s gone and I’d imagine Philly, Miami and Dallas would feel like the top options for him. I really don’t see why he’d wanna play for New Orleans at this stage in his career unless he feels he’s done enough and wants to collect a pay check but that’s not where I’m thinking he’s at. 

We need to stop talking about Lowry being a Sixer.  They're well over the luxury tax, and even if they dealt Simmons as part of a Lowry S&T, they'd still be way over the Apron and the deal wouldn't be allowed.  It's Miami and Dallas.  With New Orleans and the field a very distant 3rd.  As long as Miami can create the necessary cap space or convince Toronto to do a S&T.