NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

Just now, NYRaider said:

The Raptors were a playoff team for 7 consecutive seasons before they were forced to play in Tampa this year. Nurse has already proven to be one of the best coaches in the league and they have guys like Siakam, OG, FVV locked up long-term. If he gets traded to Chicago and they're not good, LaVine is likely leaving next summer. The Bulls over that same span have won 1 playoff series as well, lol. 

Chicago is the 3rd largest television market in North America, Toronto is the 4th biggest. 

And as we saw with Kawhi Leonard in Toronto and Giannis in Milwaukee, winning in a smaller market > losing in a bigger one. 

And they lost Kawhi and reportedly were willing to offer Pascal Siakam.  So what exactly is Toronto offering?

Just now, CWood21 said:

And they lost Kawhi and reportedly were willing to offer Pascal Siakam.  So what exactly is Toronto offering?

Kawhi was dead set on being in Los Angeles because that's where he's from. He wanted the Spurs to trade him to LA and they refused to do it. There were reportedly talks about a Siakam deal with the Warriors where the Raptors would've received Wiggins (a Canadian player), Wiseman (#2 pick last year), and two lottery picks. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Philadelphia. And the Kings have also been linked to Ben Simmons, lol. 

I believe last I had heard that Morey wanted 4 FRPs, 3 pick swaps, and a promising young player.  You really think Sacramento is going to offer that?  You're out of your damn mind if you think Sacramento even considers that.  They could offer George Hill and Seth Curry plus some picks.

Buddy's deal actually decreases over the next 3 seasons...

2021: $22.4M

2022: $20.5M

2023: $18.5M

The previous two seasons he averaged 21 ppg on 46/43/89 (3.4 3PM), 19.2 ppg on 43/39/85 (3.8 3PM). He averaged 17 ppg on 40/39/85 (4.0 3PM) last season but a lot of that had to do with Haliburton being added and his role changing, lol. 

@CWood21

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I believe last I had heard that Morey wanted 4 FRPs, 3 pick swaps, and a promising young player.  You really think Sacramento is going to offer that?  You're out of your damn mind if you think Sacramento even considers that.  They could offer George Hill and Seth Curry plus some picks.

Buddy, Haliburton, Bagley, and picks would work. And since the Kings just drafted another PG top 10 it makes Haliburton more expendable. Hell even just include Davion instead of Haliburton, lol. 

Edited by NYRaider

Just now, NYRaider said:

Buddy's deal actually decreases over the next 3 seasons...

2021: $22.4M

2022: $20.5M

2023: $18.5M

The previous two seasons he averaged 21 ppg on 46/43/89 (3.4 3PM), 19.2 ppg on 43/39/85 (3.8 3PM). He averaged 17 ppg on 40/39/85 (4.0 3PM) last season but a lot of that had to do with Haliburton being added and his role changing, lol. 

@CWood21

I'm aware.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Buddy, Haliburton, Bagley, and picks would work. 

Bagley has no value.  He's got more value as an expiring contract then he does for his actual play.  Simmons is going to be a Sixer if Morey doesn't get off his high anytime soon.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Bagley has no value.  He's got more value as an expiring contract then he does for his actual play.  Simmons is going to be a Sixer if Morey doesn't get off his high anytime soon.

They could offer Davion/Haliburton, Buddy, Bagley, and draft capital. And as we saw with the Harden situation last year, the Rockets waiting to make a move ended up with them getting a pretty terrible return. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

They could offer Davion/Haliburton, Buddy, Bagley, and draft capital. And as we saw with the Harden situation last year, the Rockets waiting to make a move ended up with them getting a pretty terrible return. 

Using the Harden trade as a barometer seems incredibly odd considering Harden killed his trade value even worse then Simmons did.  And that's assuming that the Kings are willing to give up the draft assets that Morey wants, which I think is unlikely.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Using the Harden trade as a barometer seems incredibly odd considering Harden killed his trade value even worse then Simmons did.  And that's assuming that the Kings are willing to give up the draft assets that Morey wants, which I think is unlikely.

I'd argue that the 76ers openly shopping him while players and coaches have dissed him, combined with the fact that he hasn't even been in contact with the team have tanked his value more. And Harden was a former league MVP on the best team in the league, lol. 

Haliburton would give them a young lottery pick starting PG, Buddy one of the best 3P shooters in the league, Bagley a former #2 overall pick who's like 23 years old. Plus they could send a couple of picks.

Just now, NYRaider said:

I'd argue that the 76ers openly shopping him while players and coaches have dissed him, combined with the fact that he hasn't even been in contact with the team have tanked his value more. And Harden was a former league MVP on the best team in the league, lol. 

Haliburton would give them a young lottery pick starting PG, Buddy one of the best 3P shooters in the league, Bagley a former #2 overall pick who's like 23 years old. Plus they could send a couple of picks.

So you're arguing that Simmons value is tanked even worse then Harden, but the Kings are offering substantially more than the Nets did?  Makes sense.