NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Signs were showed last season that maybe they weren't all in on winning. Kerr's statement on not chasing wins which became a nice little joke around Warriors Twitter. They wanted to do good, but not to good cause they wanted to keep their own draft pick.

This statement around the trade deadline threw me through a loop lol.

I think he just needs to shut his mouth sometimes.

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Not using the disabled exception was also a sign. That was just stupid because as the season went on the bench rotation got shorter and shorter and could have used that body off the bench. Not to mention that player would be very helpful this season.

Yeah, I remember you talking about that and now it seems like lots of Warriors fans are saying they need to use Oubre to create a TPE to sign someone.

9 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I think they're putting a lot of their hope into Klay and putting a lot on his shoulders. 

Yeah and that doesn't seem fair to him.

I think that's the big reason that Lacob comment from The Athletic article stands out like a sore thumb.

10 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

As far as trading those draft picks. Think thats what you would obviously want, but its worse to sit there and offload those picks for a player who its not worth it. If there was a player out there that wanted out and then the Warriors refused to draft those picks for. I would get it, but at the end of the day. I think they made the correct move in using those picks instead of giving up 7. 14 and Wiseman and Wiggins for a average player or two.

Like I said on draft night. Kuminga and Moody can still get traded if the Warriors play their cards right and they show some development come the trade deadline. Why I think the Summer league is huge for those two players because it could be the laughing pad and start to create a lot of buzz around the NBA for those two. 

That all makes sense. I guess you're right the best thing is for at least one of them to show fairly good play the first half of the year. Guess I'll have to keep a closer eye on the Warriors in Summer League.

11 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

IMO free agency was always gonna be the most important thing for this team cause its a real chance to bring in a couple of guys off the bench who can help.

Do you have particular names you want to target?

Danny Green? Nicolas Batum? Rudy Gay? Patty Mills? Wayne Ellington?

17 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Warriors twitter is an awful place to be in right now. 

Understood lol. Warriors Twitter and Lakers Twitter get really chaotic sometimes, but I know these feelings haven't popped up out of thin air just cause of this article though. I've seen Warriors fans talking about Lacob for a while on Twitter.

9 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Andy is annoying. He has gotten more annoying as the offseason goes on. Unless Marcus Thompson told him the Warriors had offers and they refused he just making that up and last time I checked Marcus Thompson would just write a story on it and i haven't seen one about that. 

I like Sam and warriorsworld.

I follow Urkle just for the chaos, but he be getting on my nerves lol.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I like Sam and warriorsworld.

I follow Urkle just for the chaos, but he be getting on my nerves lol.

Sheed(Warriorsworld) is a good dude. Damn closet is full of his merch lol 

I have Sam on mute. Have to be in the mood to see his tweets

I dont follow Urkle

Bounc3Bike9800 I do follow. He's good for some chaos on the timeline

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You already know Steph, Klay and Dray want to compete now though.

Doesn't seem like Lacob is as interested in that. Most Warriors fans seem to think he has to big of an ego and wants to do it his way even if it means wasting Steph. 

We'll see what vets they add in FA and like I said the trade deadline should be interesting.

Who is dying to have Wiggins? That's cool and all, but Wiseman didn't really up his value last year and the others are unproven. Who knows. Teams usually like proven guys or picks they can decide how to spend and on what prospect themselves, but yes they have some assets. Not denying that.

It seems like Warriors fans have good reason for not trusting him and liking his tone and worrying that he could cause Steph to leave after this year which would be catastrophic and not something the fans deserve. 

Of course they want to compete now, they were just as good as the Lakers last season without Klay playing. 

I think he's a guy that realized Dame/Beal weren't going to be traded by Thursday so he took the two prospects that he figured would have the most trade value. 

No one's dying to have Wiggins but he'll have to be included in any big trade for salary matching purposes. Wiseman didn't help his value but he's still a valuable asset none the less. And teams usually like proven guys or picks that they can decide who to take? The Lakers just acquired Anthony Davis with a package built around Ingram, Hart, Ball, and picks. I think young 1st/2nd year players that were recent lottery picks have a ton of trade value. Which is why the Lakers were able to acquire AD with what they sent and why the Cavaliers were able to acquire Love with what they sent. 

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Were these posted? Dennis' market is cooked lol. He better hope the Knicks come calling.

Conley taking the home team discount at 3 yr/$60M is nice, especially when early reports were 3 yr/$75M.