NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

Just now, CWood21 said:

So you're arguing that Simmons value is tanked even worse then Harden, but the Kings are offering substantially more than the Nets did?  Makes sense.

Ben Simmons trade value will continue to tank the longer they hold onto him. Regardless though teams like Dallas, New York, Memphis, etc. could make solid offers for Buddy, the Lakers aren't the only ones that can land him. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Ben Simmons trade value will continue to tank the longer they hold onto him. Regardless though teams like Dallas, New York, Memphis, etc. could make solid offers for Buddy, the Lakers aren't the only ones that can land him. 

Nothing I've argued otherwise.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Nothing I've argued otherwise.

A source with knowledge of the talks said Philadelphia also has shown interest (unrelated to Simmons), with other teams believed to be engaged on that front as well. A Hield deal of some sort, it seems, is likely on the horizon.

Philly could get a 3rd team involved, offer Jaden Springer, George Hill's expiring deal, and their 2022 1st round pick. They'd just need a third team to take Seth Curry, lol. 

Lonzo Ball, Bulls Have Mutual Interest On Four-Year, $80M Offer Sheet

So if Lonzo goes to Chicago and Lowry goes to Miami. Dallas, New York, and New Orleans would all need a PG and have the space to just sign him outright without giving up any assets. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Philly could get a 3rd team involved, offer Jaden Springer, George Hill's expiring deal, and their 2022 1st round pick. They'd just need a third team to take Seth Curry, lol. 

Let me help you.

Just now, NYRaider said:

So if Lonzo goes to Chicago and Lowry goes to Miami. Dallas, New York, and New Orleans would all need a PG and have the space to just sign him outright without giving up any assets. 

Only $80 million? I'd probably match that. I've grown a little on Lonzo.

14 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

The more I think about it… the more I don’t want Lowry. Screams James Posey 2.0

James Posey was a role player in Miami and Boston then put up the same numbers for New Orleans. Lowry is older but he's coming off of a 17 point/7.5 assist season where he had 44/40/87 splits and hit 3 3's per game at that 40% clip. He wasn't an All-Star last year but he was in the previous 6 seasons. 

I don't think Lowry is Chris Paul but I understand the Pelicans thought process after seeing the Suns success last season. He can still play at a high level, has championship experience, and can play off of Zion/BI.