NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

Just now, CWood21 said:

Miami and Dallas are both likely vying for Lowry.  As is New Orleans.  Miami would need to waive Goran Dragic and Andre Iguodala to create cap space, both of which seem likely.  Dallas would have give up their bird rights on THJ and JJ Redick in order to get significant cap space.  That seems like a given on Redick, but I think they want THJ back.  Don't really see them as huge FA players for anyone short of someone like Kawhi tbh.  Pels have Lonzo Ball as of now.  Don't really see them having interest in Schroder tbh.  Chicago is the one I'd keep an eye on, but they can't really clear cap space unless they rescind their QO on Lauri Markkanen.

Miami has to make a decision on Dragic/Iggy's options by tomorrow. Even with Lauri's QO the Bulls are currently sitting at $96M so they could offer him $12/$13M. I could see New York offering him a big deal after striking out with other FA. Toronto needs another guard and they're currently sitting at $88M on their books. 

The Bulls are also likely going to be very aggressive in free agency. LaVine is on the last year of his deal and they're clearly trying to be competitive after the Vuc trade. The Bulls reportedly want to move Lauri in a S&T, who is someone that I think Washington or Sacramento would be interested in. @CWood21

The Bulls would be big winners if they could somehow come away with Schroder and Bagley. 

NBA free agency will kick off on Aug. 2 at 6 p.m. ET. Teams can begin negotiating with free agents at that time, though the reality is many of those conversations have already happened.

Most contracts can't officially be signed until Aug. 6 at 12:01 p.m. ET. However, many players will agree to the terms of a contract verbally before putting pen to paper.

Edited by NYRaider

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Miami has to make a decision on Dragic/Iggy's options by tomorrow. Even with Lauri's QO the Bulls are currently sitting at $96M so they could offer him $12/$13M. I could see New York offering him a big deal after striking out with other FA. Toronto needs another guard and they're currently sitting at $88M on their books. 

So we will have a better idea of Miami's cap situation.  I'd imagine they'll waive both of them.  Chicago is at $99M just in guaranteed money.  They have partially guaranteed contracts of Tomas Satoransky ($5M saved by waiving him) and Thad Young ($8.2M saved by waiving him).  Are the Bulls really going to waive two guys to sign Dennis Schroder?  Probably not.  Add in the QO for Markkanne, and the Bulls are pushing $108.3M.  I believe that last projection for salary cap was set at $112M, so the Bulls likely won't have significant cap space.  Toronto has a bunch of non-guaranteed salaries, so they're a variable.

• Like 1

Just now, CWood21 said:

So we will have a better idea of Miami's cap situation.  I'd imagine they'll waive both of them.  Chicago is at $99M just in guaranteed money.  They have partially guaranteed contracts of Tomas Satoransky ($5M saved by waiving him) and Thad Young ($8.2M saved by waiving him).  Are the Bulls really going to waive two guys to sign Dennis Schroder?  Probably not.  Add in the QO for Markkanne, and the Bulls are pushing $108.3M.  I believe that last projection for salary cap was set at $112M, so the Bulls likely won't have significant cap space.  Toronto has a bunch of non-guaranteed salaries, so they're a variable.

Schroder really screwed himself, even the Woj payment didn't save him. 

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Bulls are also likely going to be very aggressive in free agency. LaVine is on the last year of his deal and they're clearly trying to be competitive after the Vuc trade. The Bulls reportedly want to move Lauri in a S&T, who is someone that I think Washington or Sacramento would be interested in. @CWood21

The Bulls would be big winners if they could somehow come away with Schroder and Bagley. 

Oh, I agree.  I just don't think they're going to use what little cap space they have on Schroder.  I think they're going to go after Lonzo hard, and when that inevitably falls apart they'll pivot.  Could have some crazy S&T situation where Schroder goes to Chicago, Lauri goes to Sacramento, and Hield goes to the Lakers.

Per usual the Jazz will have to scrape the bottom of the barrel in free agency. Otto Porter Jr, Nicolas Batum, or Rudy Gay with our taxpayer MLE. Justise Winslow, Ish Smith, and Dewayne Dedmon on minimums please, god. 

Screen_Shot_2015-10-20_at_10.05.14_PM.0.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Oh, I agree.  I just don't think they're going to use what little cap space they have on Schroder.  I think they're going to go after Lonzo hard, and when that inevitably falls apart they'll pivot.  Could have some crazy S&T situation where Schroder goes to Chicago, Lauri goes to Sacramento, and Hield goes to the Lakers.

New Orleans is in a weird spot because they've pretty much said they don't want Zo but if they miss on Lowry, they almost have to match whatever offer sheet he signs.

4 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

I was ecstatic to trade the best shooter in the league for him last year. Was thinking he was going to be a #3. It’s not salt. He’s terrible. Maybe he’s better with you guys but he’s really bad.

Im glad we got Moses Brown in it. He can’t be any worse than Willie Cauley-Stein.

I don't expect him to be more than a 7th guy. He's a defender who has shown ability to shoot. Not everyone fits next to a guy like Luka, we'll see if he can revive any skillset here.