What TEs do you like outside the Top-6?

JaguarCrazy2832

On 8/18/2021 at 8:30 AM, sammymvpknight said:

Gesicki looks about as likely to be the top TE after the big 3 as any of the others. At his ADP...he’s my target. With each passing week it looks like Goedert is simply in a TE abyss. So frustrating that they are wasting his rookie contract like this. 

Gesecki best games came with Preston Williams sidelined and now they’ve added Waddle and Fuller...I don’t see it with him.

8 minutes ago, AFF said:

Gesecki best games came with Preston Williams sidelined and now they’ve added Waddle and Fuller...I don’t see it with him.

Waddle and Fuller are completely different receivers. Tua is a check down QB unlike Fitzmagic. And at some point you just have to believe in talent...he's just a really talented guy that you can't envision not being utilized.

Edited by sammymvpknight

55 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Waddle and Fuller are completely different receivers. Tua is a check down QB unlike Fitzmagic. And at some point you just have to believe in talent...he's just a really talented guy that you can't envision not being utilized.

Even if a lot of Gesickis work/ production came from the slot and thats where Waddle is slated to take over? Heard he struggled in the traditional TE spot last year.

3 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Then help me understand. If you think that Waddle is going to exclusively play slot, then does that leave Gesicki on the sidelines? 

on the line in the more traditional TE spot, Nothing says Waddle and Gesickis can be on the field at the same time, And im not saying Gesicki is doomed to be on the line at all times but Waddle is more of a slot WR than a boundary WR.

Edited by mattyice0401

Gronk just makes me think he will be a pain moreso than not. That offense has 3 legit WRs, plus a few others they like, Gio Bernard and still OJ Howard/Cameron Brate

Brady will throw alot and he loves Gronkowski but there's a limit, plus like you said given his age and injuries you never know. I'd prefer a higher upside play like Kmet. 

Last year Gronk scored 7 TDs and those 7 games were the ones where he scored more than 6 points(except for the KC game where he caught 6 passes). The other 9 games he was less than 6 points(only 2 of those 9 did he score at least 4 points, non-PPR mind you) so he is the epitome of TD dependent and 1 of those 6 point games was 1 catch for 2 yards and a TD

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

You really think Kmet? I took Fant and Gronk as a backup. Im not sure how much to trust Gronk given his age but last year he proved me wrong plenty.

I like Kmet's upside.  He got a lot more attention late last year and pretty much scored all of his points in the last 6 weeks.  That was with trash at QB.  So if Fields starts, or even Dalton is an upgrade I guess, and he continues the snap count he had last year, he should have a significantly better year.  TEs take time to transition and being his second year, I think he can take steps.  I think next year when Jimmy Graham is likely gone and Fields is in his second year, Kmet will be a real potential breakout TE.  But even this year I think he has more upside than Gronk but a lower floor.