What TEs do you like outside the Top-6?

JaguarCrazy2832

20 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Yeah I see him go earlier but If hes there at my pick at the 10 spot im swopping in on him and it goes against everything ive done In fantasy for many years. Im not trippin though If he does get picked before me, Makes my decision easier. Someone else is making the pick for me if that makes any sense.

Yea there is something calming about having 2 guys to pick from with 1 pick to go and they make the decision for you assuming you aren't at the turn then its your nightmare

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 1:33 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Sounds like they are staying put for now. I wish Philly had a different QB for Dallas' sake

Honestly, with the season that Ertz is coming off of, I don't know that he really holds a ton of trade value as it stands right now... and TE is a position where teams are likely going to want to at least see what they've got of their guys in camp first, as well.  So I can see the logic in Philly likely holding onto him right now and seeing if 1) They themselves have any significant injuries that hamstring their team coming out of camp that they feel the need to dangle Ertz out there to get reinforcements with or 2) Inch closer to the trade deadline and dangle him in front of a likely contender as an additional weapon to bolster a run at a Lombardi (I could see this being a particular option for Buffalo if they look like they're pulling away in the AFCE and are looking to lock down one of the top 2 seeds in the conference).

4 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Im starting to lean the same way I have pick 10 and If Kelce is there Im taking him when in other years I would fade him completely for a later round TE and youre right WR is so stacked this year I feel comfortable doing it, Or maybe I would snag Pitts at 4.1 If hes there and I think he usually is.

In PPR or 1/2pt PPR formats, I have no reservations whatsoever about taking Kelce once my top 2 tiers of RB's are off the board (and depending on where I'm picking and who it looks had a fair chance of making it around to my next pick at RB, there are some of my tier 2 I would take Kelce over because of the sheer point differential likely between him and the next-best guy I have statted out at TE in PPR formats - Waller).

I'm less bullish on Pitts in re-draft leagues just because of what he'd legitimately have to return in order to be worth his ADP at, specifically, the TE position as a rookie.  He'd legitimately have to turn in the best rookie season by a TE in league history.  Does he have the tools to do that?  Absolutely.  But is it likely?  Probably not.  We haven't seen a rookie TE his the 1000 yd mark since Ditka in the 60's and he did that posting an average of almost 20 yards per reception.  Pitts is going to be a force in the league, I just think his rookie year is going to leave people wanting for where they drafted him... he'll likely explode in his sophomore campaign, and he's likely getting pick ahead of Andrews and likely in the same realm as some of the middling WR1's as far as ADP goes by his 3rd year.

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I would consider Kelce earlier than 10 honestly. Probably take him as high as 7 in non-ppr

In non PPR, I have two WR's I'd take ahead of him... that's it.  Hill and Adams.  Past that I have guys I can very conceivably see where they made end up posting higher total fantasy points on the season than Kelce, but, 1) they're not they don't offer as high a sure-fire floor as Kelce does and 2) the likely difference in performance (on the average) between them and WR's I have 6-13 relative to between Kelce and Waller/Kittle isn't even comparable (I have Kelce projected in non-PPR at 240 fantasy point - 40+ points higher than my #2 TE; my #3 WR is projected at 214 pts, my #13 at 169)

Edited by Dr LBC
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Honestly, with the season that Ertz is coming off of, I don't know that he really holds a ton of trade value as it stands right now... and TE is a position where teams are likely going to want to at least see what they've got of their guys in camp first, as well.  So I can see the logic in Philly likely holding onto him right now and seeing if 1) They themselves have any significant injuries that hamstring their team coming out of camp that they feel the need to dangle Ertz out there to get reinforcements with or 2) Inch closer to the trade deadline and dangle him in front of a likely contender as an additional weapon to bolster a run at a Lombardi (I could see this being a particular option for Buffalo if they look like they're pulling away in the AFCE and are looking to lock down one of the top 2 seeds in the conference).

You're not wrong that his value is low but the are going to trade him at some point...right? They cant just hold him all season, they are in rebuild mode with or without Hurts and a late round pick is better than nothing

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

You're not wrong that his value is low but the are going to trade him at some point...right? They cant just hold him all season, they are in rebuild mode with or without Hurts and a late round pick is better than nothing

I flipping hate the Eagles. This is the type of nonsense I don’t have time for. They are stubborn and illogical. I’m not investing with that in the backdrop. 

Late guys that I think have upside as a backup TE are Mike Gesicki and Hayden Hurst.  Gesicki had a solid year last year and although there are more mouths to feed, that means he will get less attention from defenses.  He is a big red zone target so may not be consistent but has upside to be a solid TE.  

Hurst was a top 10 TE last year and everyone thinks Pitts ruins that for him but I still think Pitts will be more of a WR and take Julio's targets, still leaving plenty for Hurst.  He is not being drafted much and likely can get him off waivers but if you want someone with production and upside, Hurst is the guy. 

I do like Fant as well just given he is a matchup problem and has been a top 10 TE even with bad QB play.  Hoping the QB play improves and he should have at least a similar year to last year. 

In redraft leagues, Gronk could be a solid play too.  He started slow last year but finished pretty strong and just the connection with Brady, you have to trust he will get some looks.  

Honestly its a crap shoot after those top 3.  I don't see anyone with the opportunity and talent to break out like Waller did but some guys could have solid years.  I don't even trust Hock, Andrews and Pitts enough to draft around or slightly above their ADP.  SO I likely am just taking fliers and hoping for the best. 

Some peeps have talked about him on here before and hes someone im starting to come around to is Adam Trautman especially with Michael Thomas missing a good amount of time and the other Saints WRs appearing to be lackluster at least imo I think I may take a shot on him as a late round flier TE.

Adam Trautman, Irv Smith and Tyler Higbee are all late round TEs im eyeing

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I would assume they'd trade him at some point, but I've long since given up hope on the assumption that all professional sports GM's and decision-makers are smart.

2 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Some peeps have talked about him on here before and hes someone im starting to come around to is Adam Trautman especially with Michael Thomas missing a good amount of time and the other Saints WRs appearing to be lackluster at least imo I think I may take a shot on him as a late round flier TE.

Adam Trautman, Irv Smith and Tyler Higbee are all late round TEs im eyeing

Yep those 3 are very interesting especially Trautman...I’ll be eyeing his ADP come late August.

29 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

What are your guys thoughts on Gerald Everett? Kind of feel like he’s flying under the radar, I’m getting interested in him as a late round flyer.

Wilson has supported good TE production in the past.  

Definitely on my radar as well Its just so hard with all the other options like Tratuman, Higbee, Irv Smith and such I was on him earlier in the process but have faded on him recently for the likes ofr Irv and Higbee.

As we get closer to draft days Higbee might be start to rise in ADP and will in face be too high on an ADP for me personally, I like taking a TE around the 11th-13th range.

7 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Definitely on my radar as well Its just so hard with all the other options like Tratuman, Higbee, Irv Smith and such I was on him earlier in the process but have faded on him recently for the likes ofr Irv and Higbee.

As we get closer to draft days Higbee might be start to rise in ADP and will in face be too high on an ADP for me personally, I like taking a TE around the 11th-13th range.

I’ve never taken 2 TEs (at least that I can remember). 

im strongly thinking of taking both Higbee and Everett late (with Jared Cook and Trautman as my backup plans). 

1 minute ago, 101Raider said:

I’ve never taken 2 TEs (at least that I can remember). 

im strongly thinking of taking both Higbee and Everett late (with Jared Cook and Trautman as my backup plans). 

I havent either just a waste of roster space imo I still dont think Id have the juevos to take 2 and just hope Everett or Trautman or any one of those guys goes undrafted and snag them up in a week or so if we see what they are looking like.