2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

SGA is under contract until 2027, his 5 yr/$177M extension kicks in next season. I don't think they'll be able to get to #4, the only assets they can give up are Lu Dort, #12, #34, and future picks. 

Ok, I just don't follow the Thunder close enough to realize he signed that extension.  I agree, they aren't getting to 4.  Best bet would be #12, next years 1st completely unprotected, and something else the Kings want. Big at 2, Murray at 4?

7 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Ok, I just don't follow the Thunder close enough to realize he signed that extension.  I agree, they aren't getting to 4.  Best bet would be #12, next years 1st completely unprotected, and something else the Kings want. Big at 2, Murray at 4?

Seems like they want to trade up for Jaden Ivey or Shaedon Sharpe. I'd guess their ideal outcome is Ivey/Holmgren. They probably should've just kept 30 though if they wanted to trade up.

Ivey/SGA/Giddey/Chet is a solid young core.

Edited by NYRaider

Just now, agarcia34 said:

No way the Kings gonna take Ivey right? Just gonna load up on PGs lol 

Feel like dropping some money on Sharpe to be the 4th pick at +600

They took Haliburton in 2020 and Mitchell in 2021 despite already having Fox, it's impossible to predict what they're going to do. If they keep the pick I'd bet that they take Keegan Murray though just based on how much chatter there has been about them wanting someone who can contribute immediately. 

2 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Not sure that really qualifies “looks like the kings are going to take him “

In the event that the Kings elect to hold on to this pick and prefer to avoid the drama associated with picking a player against his camp’s will, the candidacy of Keegan Murray might be gaining steam with head coach-to-be Mike Brown. Owner Vivek Ranadive is also said to be a proponent of selecting him.

So the Kings owner/new head coach being fans of him, the chatter about them wanting a player who's ready to play now, and the fact that Ivey refused to workout for them doesn't point to them selecting Murray?

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So the Kings owner/new head coach being fans of him, the chatter about them wanting a player who's ready to play now, and the fact that Ivey refused to workout for them doesn't point to them selecting Murray?

It’s pre draft chatter man. Those guys aren’t telling media who they like.  Sure they could take him but you make it sound like he’s the likely pick because this guy says people like him. Vegas still had Ivey -420 Murray +260 to go 4th 

Just now, BigC421/ said:

It’s pre draft chatter man. Those guys aren’t telling media who they like.  Sure they could take him but you make it sound like he’s the likely pick because this guy says people like him. Vegas still had Ivey -420 Murray +260 to go 4th 

I believe that’s considering the fact the Kings prefer to trade out, and whosever trading for pick 4 would more than likely be targeting Ivey.

Hasn’t been a lot of chatter I’ve read regarding the Kings, outside of the “wanting to win now/playoff berth and trading for a vet”. Gauging of the last two picks, Mitchell last year and Haliburton the year before, I wouldn’t be surprised if the pick was Murray though. Easy transition off of Barnes next year freeing up cap space for a big contract next offseason.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

I believe that’s considering the fact the Kings prefer to trade out, and whosever trading for pick 4 would more than likely be targeting Ivey.

Hasn’t been a lot of chatter I’ve read regarding the Kings, outside of the “wanting to win now/playoff berth and trading for a vet”. Gauging of the last two picks, Mitchell last year and Haliburton the year before, I wouldn’t be surprised if the pick was Murray though. Easy transition off of Barnes next year freeing up cap space for a big contract next offseason.

Not saying he couldn’t be the pick it’s just far from matter of fact

7 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Ivey at -420 to go 4th is probably more so because they expect someone to trade up for him. Ivey doesn't fit with the Kings current roster, Murray fits well with them as a guy that can play the 3/4 and as an older player he should be ready to play immediately. 

I don't think anyone really expected the Kings to draft Davion Mitchell #9 last year. 

3 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Not saying he couldn’t be the pick it’s just far from matter of fact

Nothing is matter of fact in the NBA Draft especially when it comes to a team like the Kings. If they keep the pick I'd wager that they take Murray. They took an older prospect in the lottery last year and reportedly want someone that can help them make the playoffs this season. Murray also fits well with their current roster construction.