2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Jabari's safe, sure, because you know you're going to get a NBA 3&D lifer but I want more scoring ability out of my #1 overall pick. Most of his damage came off catch and shoot or 1 dribble pull ups. Not enough variety in his scoring for me. He's got time to work on it but he may not have "it" when it comes to being a primary scorer. For me, he screams secondary player, not franchise guy. Hope I'm wrong since I have no desire to root against any of these kids.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Jabari's safe, sure, because you know you're going to get a NBA 3&D lifer but I want more scoring ability out of my #1 overall pick. Most of his damage came off catch and shoot or 1 dribble pull ups. Not enough variety in his scoring for me. He's got time to work on it but he may not have "it" when it comes to being a primary scorer. For me, he screams secondary player, not franchise guy. Hope I'm wrong since I have no desire to root against any of these kids.

I think he'll be like a bigger Harrison Barnes.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

ivey's my favorite prospect. chet can be the best. paolo has the skillset of a guy that can carry a team (even tho i don't think he's gonna be that guy whatsoever, i really don't like paolo that much). jabari is the guy i want tho. and i agree with what you're saying. personality-wise he's my favorite of the bunch. trust him the most to improve year-by-year, even tho we really don't know **** about these guys beyond what they project in interviews. easiest skill-set to slot in and work with other pieces. i think he's a comfy guy that we can look forward to putting up 18-24 ppg for a long like 8 year period. guy should age gracefully and seems like the kinda guy that won't bolt on us after his 2nd deal if he's a stud. the idea of franz and jabari as our forwards going forward just seems so comfy. smart dudes that can shoot and play the right/winning way. it's been a while. definitely not confident he'll be the best player could easily see that being ivey, chet or some weird **** like griffin, daniels, eason who tf knows, but jabari is the right pick imo even with his stiffness... but the magic always seem to pick exactly who i want them to pick (besides franz) and franz has been the only great pick they've made since i've been a fan lol. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

This doesn't show what you think it does...

Stats without context are meaningless. His scoring still came via mainly one dribble pull ups or isolated shots over smaller guys where he did nothing to break down his man. So this doesn't quiet any concerns people have over his offensive "bag."