2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

7 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

If i'm OKC, i'm praying that Mark Williams falls to their 2nd pick to pair with Chet.  That would be insane length inside on D, and would allow Chet to work outside in on offense while Williams cleans the rim.

The potential rim protecting prowess of a Chet/Mark duo would be insane although I do question how they'd fit together offensively.

24 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The potential rim protecting prowess of a Chet/Mark duo would be insane although I do question how they'd fit together offensively.

You'd just use Chet like Gonzaga did, he started most offensive sets outside the 3 pt line, unless there was a clear advantage to send him down low.  Williams isn't an outside shooter, but he can still move around the court working inside the 3 pt line, set picks, etc...  And if someone is playing small against that lineup you scheme a mismatch inside.  Duke routinely worked 5 out with Williams in the lineup, they just didn't rotate the ball to him on the outside unless they needed to bail and reset.

Edited by THE DUKE

8 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

You'd just use Chet like Gonzaga did, he started most offensive sets outside the 3 pt line, unless there was a clear advantage to send him down low.  Williams isn't an outside shooter, but he can still move around the court working inside the 3 pt line, set picks, etc...  And if someone is playing small against that lineup you scheme a mismatch inside.

Yeah but playing in the WCC and the NBA are two different animals. Can Chet shoot well enough from 3 so that teams have to respect him out there? He shot almost 40% from 3 although it was a fairly limited sample size. Poku/Chet would be fun though, lol.

ETA: Ousmane Dieng seems to be the player most often linked to OKC at #12.

SGA - Dort - Giddey - Chet - Mark 

That's not too shabby and you don't really need a true PG cause of Giddey's passing.

Edited by NYRaider

Just now, FinneasGage said:

im hoping the chet orlando talk is orlando baiting okc and sniping that late lotto first to swap 1 for 2 so okc can get chet

If I'm OKC I sit tight at #2 no matter what.  Jabari is a good fit for them too even if they prefer one over the other.  They can get a good shot at a quality starter at 12.

• Like 1

Just now, THE DUKE said:

If I'm OKC I sit tight at #2 no matter what.  Jabari is a good fit for them too even if they prefer one over the other.  They can get a good shot at a quality starter at 12.

I don't think they sit at #12, I'd bet they move up.

3 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I think Chet can be a better than 35% 3 pt shooter in the NBA right now. Long term wouldn't shock me to see him hit that 40% mark in the pros. 

35% is pretty damn good considering how badly he shot against good competition, Chet is going to be one of the most interesting rookie story lines to follow in recent NBA history.

Just now, NYRaider said:

35% is pretty damn good considering how badly he shot against good competition, Chet is going to be one of the most interesting rookie story lines to follow in recent NBA history.

My point being, I think the baseline skills are there, they just need reps and refinement.  Maybe 35% out the gate is optimistic, but it wouldn't shock me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Could see them moving #12 + Dort to someone to move up.

As long as they aren't using a 2023 1st in case things go south this year, SGA, or Giddy, everything else is negotiable.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

As long as they aren't using a 2023 1st in case things go south this year, SGA, or Giddy, everything else is negotiable.

I doubt that Presti would give up any 2023 draft capital with Victor as the potential prize. A Victor/Chet front court would be insane.