2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I actually like that move for Denver, Green is 32 years old and was terrible in the playoffs for them. They freed up enough space for a $6.2M contract to use in free agency and acquired an additional 1st round pick this year. 2027 is 5 years down the road so I want to see the protections but I'd guess there are some on that pick. 

Denver could use 21/30 to move up as well. According to the value chart 21/30 is enough to get up to 13-16. 

I'm gonna hold until I see what the rest of the offseason looks like bc I am assuming it is a part of the larger picture, but feels like a solid deal. Green was a disappointment - extremely mid. Nnaji should be ready to take all of his minutes  

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

I'm gonna hold until I see what the rest of the offseason looks like bc I am assuming it is a part of the larger picture, but feels like a solid deal. Green was a disappointment - extremely mid. Nnaji should be ready to take all of his minutes  

Still a long way to go but it was a solid move to start the offseason. Green sucked and you guys created the ability to add someone else that makes the same salary while acquiring an additional 1st round pick this year. Just have to hope that 2027 pick doesn't end up being a top 5 pick.

33 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Banchero worked out with the Rockets and it was reported by him that he measured 6'10 barefoot.  Sheesh

Duke seemed to have under reported guys heights across the board. Moore was listed at 6'5 but was 6'6 at the combine, Keels at 6'4 but 6'5 at the combine, and Williams at 7'0 but 7'2 at the combine. 

givony said that sharpe played 3 on 3 with mathurin, daniels, and presumably some other guys and didn't separate himself from whatever tier detroit considers them in. and a pistons beat writer just said that 1 or 2 guys in that workout were just as good if not better than him

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Apparently Shaedon Sharpe hasn't been great in workouts or interviews, some teams think he could fall out of the top 10.

Pretty sure his agent is Kevin O’Conner from The Ringer.  He keeps saying he’s a #1 pick caliber talent.  

Saw that Koloko worked out for the Warriors. That would be an ideal pick for me. 

Don’t know what’s gonna happen with Looney. Wiseman seems poised to be cleared soon but has missed so much time already. With Moody and Kuminga wing depth and players is not an issue feel like Koloko would be best bet. 

1 hour ago, catcheryea said:

givony said that sharpe played 3 on 3 with mathurin, daniels, and presumably some other guys and didn't separate himself from whatever tier detroit considers them in. and a pistons beat writer just said that 1 or 2 guys in that workout were just as good if not better than him

Being a year or two younger than those other prospects I would rather take the risk on Sharpe than the others if he was close in tier.  Its worth the risk as long as he didnt look lost against those guys.  

1 hour ago, DirtyDez said:

Pretty sure his agent is Kevin O’Conner from The Ringer.  He keeps saying he’s a #1 pick caliber talent.  

He's pretty good for the most part but always has at least one crazy take that he hopes will eventually make him look like the smartest man in the room.

32 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Being a year or two younger than those other prospects I would rather take the risk on Sharpe than the others if he was close in tier.  Its worth the risk as long as he didnt look lost against those guys.  

He's the same age as Daniels and less than a year younger than Mathurin. He's just so hard to gauge or evaluate because there's no film on him.