Worst Thing the USA Has Done to the UK Since the Boston Teaparty - WK8 GDT

Mastercheddaar

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Did he though? He basically did what Kessler does (shorter throws) but was less efficient. Kessler should have been in that role all year while Kizer waited in the wings. We may have a win or two now though so that may not have been the best for the future but probably would give Hue a better argument to stay.

If winning 2-3 games is the bar that has to be met to keep his job, I'm not sure there needs to be a bar as it's pretty obvious we're an awful team.

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If winning 2-3 games is the bar that has to be met to keep his job, I'm not sure there needs to be a bar as it's pretty obvious we're an awful team.

Overall it would be terrible but to say you won twice or three times as many games as the previous year sounds better than we didn't win this year. As a coach if you are 1-32 and you are trying to keep your job you pretty much have to say it was everyone else who failed there isn't really much positive you can show that you have done. I guess he could tell them to listen to his pressers.

Overall it would be terrible but to say you won twice or three times as many games as the previous year sounds better than we didn't win this year. As a coach if you are 1-32 and you are trying to keep your job you pretty much have to say it was everyone else who failed there isn't really much positive you can show that you have done. I guess he could tell them to listen to his pressers.

Everyone else failed? If their goal was winning in 2017, sure, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I mean, if we get hot and double last year's win total, is Hue suddenly a better coach?

A few things:

- Anytime a team feels comfortable playing a 39 year old CB on the outside vs you, they don't respect you AT ALL.

- Our lack of pass rush is still an issue

- I feel like Al Saunders is like Jim Harbaugh at UM, at one point do you start to hold him accountable about the present without referencing what he's done in the past? I know its all on him but at some point, we are literally getting nothing from his guys and it seems like he's getting a pass.

- We are a #1 corner, FS, DE, and pass rushing DT away from becoming an elite defense.

- An outside the box idea, I've always been partial to Brandon Pettigrew, I viewed him as more of a pro style type of TE who was a really good blocker and an adequate receiver. We need an upgrade at blocking TE and he could be had for cheap

- Kindred is strictly an Off Ball linebacker only IMO

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Did he though? He basically did what Kessler does (shorter throws) but was less efficient. Kessler should have been in that role all year while Kizer waited in the wings. We may have a win or two now though so that may not have been the best for the future but probably would give Hue a better argument to stay.

For the record, I say we try and sign Kirk Cousins or draft Rosen. However currently Kizer is the better option for the rest of the season. 

Also while we are playing hindsight... McCown should have been the starter of this team, brockly should have been cut, and Kizer should have waited in the wings. McCown is a vet that understands the offense and could have shown Kizer a few things. 

Yet we cannot change the past and the future isn't here so Kizer gives us the best option going forward. Kessler and Hogan have had 2 camps to study and learn the plays. They are arguably just as good or slightly better than Kizer. If you want to see if Kizer can save us a pick, starting him the rest of the way and looking for improvement is how to go about it. I saw better play out of him last sunday. Neither Kessler or Hogan would have won us the game. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Everyone else failed? If their goal was winning in 2017, sure, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I mean, if we get hot and double last year's win total, is Hue suddenly a better coach?

Yep. If we get 2 wins the rest of the way that is a better coaching job than 0 wins the rest of the way.

2 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

For the record, I say we try and sign Kirk Cousins or draft Rosen. However currently Kizer is the better option for the rest of the season. 

Also while we are playing hindsight... McCown should have been the starter of this team, brockly should have been cut, and Kizer should have waited in the wings. McCown is a vet that understands the offense and could have shown Kizer a few things. 

Yet we cannot change the past and the future isn't here so Kizer gives us the best option going forward. Kessler and Hogan have had 2 camps to study and learn the plays. They are arguably just as good or slightly better than Kizer. If you want to see if Kizer can save us a pick, starting him the rest of the way and looking for improvement is how to go about it. I saw better play out of him last sunday. Neither Kessler or Hogan would have won us the game. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Well Kessler did outplay McCown in this offense last year so I understand not going with McCown.

Kizer did very little in that game that Kessler couldn't do and Kessler likely does it completed a higher percentage of his passes. Would we win with him against the Vikings? I dunno, probably not but I do believe that we wouldn't be winless if Kessler was starting. If that is something we are interested is another question.

Yep. If we get 2 wins the rest of the way that is a better coaching job than 0 wins the rest of the way.

Yes, a very important distinction and difference.

I mean, obviously that one win last year has been so vital to our success this year.  God only knows where we'd be or what folks would think of Hue had we lost that game.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yes, a very important distinction and difference.

I mean, obviously that one win last year has been so vital to our success this year.  God only knows where we'd be or what folks would think of Hue had we lost that game.

If he started 0-24 there is a chance he'd be gone by now no matter how meaningless 1 win is. I think if he is 1-31 after this season that he is gone. He wouldn't have shown to be any kind of difference maker for a young team. The 1st and 2nd year players excuse isn't going to help him much because next year there will still be a lot of 1st and 2nd year players. If he is 4-28 I think he will get another year. Anything in between is a coin flip.

Coaches get fired for losing 9 games per year when 7 of those losses are by a single score. They are on the brink and still lose their job. Most of Hue's losses have been by more than a score.

Kizer now has 1 less career pass attempt than Kessler with 350+ less yards, half the TD passes and nearly 4 times the interceptions to go along with 13% completion percentage disadvantage and nearly 40 passer rating points. Kessler's worst game last year he had a higher rating than Kizer does for the season. He went with the unknown with the big arm over the known with a weak arm and it turned out to be a mistake and that is on Hue. He is paid not to be wrong and if he is wrong often enough or to an extreme of course it will cost him his job, as it should. Not everyone can do every job, Hue has been bad at his for a year and a half. Eventually time runs out.

We're not asking for filet mignon but he has to serve up something that is edible. I went with your food analogy.

9 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

A few things:

- Anytime a team feels comfortable playing a 39 year old CB on the outside vs you, they don't respect you AT ALL.

- Our lack of pass rush is still an issue

- I feel like Al Saunders is like Jim Harbaugh at UM, at one point do you start to hold him accountable about the present without referencing what he's done in the past? I know its all on him but at some point, we are literally getting nothing from his guys and it seems like he's getting a pass.

- We are a #1 corner, FS, DE, and pass rushing DT away from becoming an elite defense.

- An outside the box idea, I've always been partial to Brandon Pettigrew, I viewed him as more of a pro style type of TE who was a really good blocker and an adequate receiver. We need an upgrade at blocking TE and he could be had for cheap

- Kindred is strictly an Off Ball linebacker only IMO

I haven't noticed glaring lapses in coverage and he has been our best safety this year. Am I missing something?

I thought Campbell was awful in coverage he let the long TD in the back of the end zone. 

I want to see Kain in at FS.

9 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I haven't noticed glaring lapses in coverage and he has been our best safety this year. Am I missing something?

I thought Campbell was awful in coverage he let the long TD in the back of the end zone. 

This is one of those things that puzzles me.

Nacua is a playmaker.

Why hasn't he been in?

8 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

He's given up his share of plays in the pass game, IIRC, but in the run game, I haven't seen the rankings but he has to be top 5, he's lights out in the run game. I'll have to go back to tell you the plays specifically.

Archived