Worst Thing the USA Has Done to the UK Since the Boston Teaparty - WK8 GDT

Mastercheddaar

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

Well, the NFL got the result they wanted.

But in hindsight - taking the officiating incompetence out of play -

The biggest positive from this game was the play of Kizer. I feel there is no reason whatsover that DeShone does not start the rest of the season - unless injured or his play makes the decision for you. I saw a lot of passes that were right on the money - and our receivers just failed to make the catch. That HAS to be a prime area of concern in free agency and the draft. Does this mean we have found our QB? Of course not. What it soes mean is we have 8 more game to figure that out, and it appears that DeShone has learned from his struggles.

But the biggest growth I saw from DeShone was not forcing things that previously have led to turnovers. Now, today's game plan was much more suited to his strengths - and that is why I think Sashi needs to have a conversation with Hue - either find someone to call the game or I will. Period.

But if you look at our miscues -

Missed extra point (-1 point)
Treggs muffed punt (-3 points)
Allowing MIN to drive the field in 40 seconds (-3 points)
Gonzalez gagging AGAIN - (-3 points)
Crow coughing it up (-7 points)

That 's 17 direct points.

Now, bringing the officiating back into the equation:

BBC PI (already included with Crow - but the refs don't miss a chance to pile on) (-7 points)
Calling PI on a 3rd down pass that clearly was uncatchable that kept a MIN TD drive going (-7 points)
Not calling PI on DeValve in the corner of the EZ - 4 points (as we did get a FG)

That's 11 more points for a total of 28 points.......... add that to the 16 they did score -

Browns win 44-33.

That's why I can't stand all these national tools - yes YOU La Canfora - who continually slam the Browns. If we got even half the officiating breaks the Steelers or the Patriots get - we would have a handful of wins.

So kiss my posterior, NFL

Apparently you didn't see the fade in the endzone to Njoku that should have been picked and then likely taken back for six.

Kizer played exactly as he's been playing. The only difference is that Hue has begrudgingly scaled back the offense and tried to be conservative. It's the only reason Kizer appears remotely competent.

But still, Hue doesn't sustain it and keeps throwing in terrible calls at the worst times. For instance, after they've gone conservative with some success...screens, runs and QB runs ...Hue calls that fade to Njoku... Play call is fine but it's an awful throw and decision by Kizer...They're extremely lucky it wasn't picked off....Caught a break there. So what does Hue do? ...calls another fade on the next play. That's just completely tone deaf.

Or later in the 2nd half..you're down but it's not out of reach. What does Hue do? ...he starts calling high risk downfield passes that Kizer has been struggling with all year. That's akin to putting up the white flag. Your only choice there as a playcaller is to continue doing what's been moderately successful...dink and dunk, conservative, runs & screens and throw in some deep shots.

And the thing is...since the conservative short game is the best chance for this group to be successful right now (and tbh the conservative gameplan was the most obvious from the beginning of the year but Hue 's only tried to use it after 0-6.)...why would Hue not use the QB who's shown to be the most accurate and turned the ball over the least? I already know the answer....He's an utterly terrible evaluator.

This was a very winnable game as it played out. With the same game plan, Kessler would have given them a better chance to win.

Oh, I saw it BrownLeader - and I think that Njoku made one hell of a play to prevent that potential pick six from happening.

But I will respectfully disagree that Kessler would have been the better choice today. Kizer put the ball right on the money on several passes - and our receivers flat out dropped them. i.e. a third and 4 situation is so much better than a third and 8.

Hue scaled back the playbook because it was the right thing to do. Kizer was more successful with it, and his game was much more under control today. Hw eushed the ball intelligently as well. I think he was pretty confident today.

The receivers are the ones that have to do a better job fighting for receptions - or getting better separation.

We cannot forget two major facts - QB is the hardest position to assimilate to the NFL from college, and DeShone is still painfully young - just 21 years old. He has so much maturing yet to do. He certainly needs to understand that all passes don't need to delivered at 100 mph.

The other undeniable fact is Kizer's ceiling is so much higher than any QB currently on the roster. That is why you must do what you need to do over these next eight games to see if DeShone  can have CONSISTENT success at this level. If not, we will use one of our premium picks (6 in the top 65) in this loaded QB class. That is why I think it would be very beneficial if Jimmy has a conversation with Sashi to seriously consider bringing on a proven talent evaluator for the 2018 Draft. This draft is too important to leave any stone unturned.

We are both on the same page Brown Leader - maybe just interpreting the words a bit differently.

18 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Oh, I saw it BrownLeader - and I think that Njoku made one hell of a play to prevent that potential pick six from happening.

But I will respectfully disagree that Kessler would have been the better choice today. Kizer put the ball right on the money on several passes - and our receivers flat out dropped them. i.e. a third and 4 situation is so much better than a third and 8.

Hue scaled back the playbook because it was the right thing to do. Kizer was more successful with it, and his game was much more under control today. Hw eushed the ball intelligently as well. I think he was pretty confident today.

The receivers are the ones that have to do a better job fighting for receptions - or getting better separation.

We cannot forget two major facts - QB is the hardest position to assimilate to the NFL from college, and DeShone is still painfully young - just 21 years old. He has so much maturing yet to do. He certainly needs to understand that all passes don't need to delivered at 100 mph.

The other undeniable fact is Kizer's ceiling is so much higher than any QB currently on the roster. That is why you must do what you need to do over these next eight games to see if DeShone  can have CONSISTENT success at this level. If not, we will use one of our premium picks (6 in the top 65) in this loaded QB class. That is why I think it would be very beneficial if Jimmy has a conversation with Sashi to seriously consider bringing on a proven talent evaluator for the 2018 Draft. This draft is too important to leave any stone unturned.

We are both on the same page Brown Leader - maybe just interpreting the words a bit differently.

You make good and not so good points.

Isn't it possible that Kizer simply does not throw catchable balls? If you are expecting great/sensational catches to make Kizer look good then he isn't.

I am sick and tired of hearing about players' upsides/ceilings. All that talk simply means that they are not so good now and that you are rolling the dice on them ever achieving the upside, coming close to the ceiling.

How many players in any sport with "tremendous potential/upside" reach it or anything close to it?

You are spot on with talent evaluation, but who in the history of the NFL has had a consistently good track record, except the Hoodie?

And the Hoodie's success is finding talent to fit into schemes he and his coaches design, not necessarily players who otherwise have stud football talent.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

0-8 is awful, but there are definitely some good players on your team, even though some were injured.

Hopefully you guys have a strong offseason and can start winning again. You guys have waited long enough.

Easy for you to appear level-headed with your team's six Lombardis.

Archived