Worst Thing the USA Has Done to the UK Since the Boston Teaparty - WK8 GDT

Mastercheddaar

well gents, what can we say here...?

you had a good first half, and Zimmer is very good at half time adjustments.

thanks for the camaraderie this week, you guys are good sports about what you have to endure. please feel free to go 3-0 versus the other NFC North teams on your schedule.

go Browns!

Well, the NFL got the result they wanted.

But in hindsight - taking the officiating incompetence out of play -

The biggest positive from this game was the play of Kizer. I feel there is no reason whatsover that DeShone does not start the rest of the season - unless injured or his play makes the decision for you. I saw a lot of passes that were right on the money - and our receivers just failed to make the catch. That HAS to be a prime area of concern in free agency and the draft. Does this mean we have found our QB? Of course not. What it soes mean is we have 8 more game to figure that out, and it appears that DeShone has learned from his struggles.

But the biggest growth I saw from DeShone was not forcing things that previously have led to turnovers. Now, today's game plan was much more suited to his strengths - and that is why I think Sashi needs to have a conversation with Hue - either find someone to call the game or I will. Period.

But if you look at our miscues -

Missed extra point (-1 point)
Treggs muffed punt (-3 points)
Allowing MIN to drive the field in 40 seconds (-3 points)
Gonzalez gagging AGAIN - (-3 points)
Crow coughing it up (-7 points)

That 's 17 direct points.

Now, bringing the officiating back into the equation:

BBC PI (already included with Crow - but the refs don't miss a chance to pile on) (-7 points)
Calling PI on a 3rd down pass that clearly was uncatchable that kept a MIN TD drive going (-7 points)
Not calling PI on DeValve in the corner of the EZ - 4 points (as we did get a FG)

That's 11 more points for a total of 28 points.......... add that to the 16 they did score -

Browns win 44-33.

That's why I can't stand all these national tools - yes YOU La Canfora - who continually slam the Browns. If we got even half the officiating breaks the Steelers or the Patriots get - we would have a handful of wins.

So kiss my posterior, NFL

- We just don't have the talent on offense to win games.

- The coaching staff seemed to have a decent game plan this week.

- I want Kizer to succeed but I wonder if his accuracy issues can truly be fixed.

- I'll be very surprised if Gonzalez is still our kicker for the next game.

- I know they keep a safety 20 yrds from scrimmage to defend against the deep ball but does it really matter if the other team is dinking and dunking you to death?

- Our recievers need stickum for their gloves.

- This offseason needs to be offense, offense, and more offense via free agency and the draft.

Peace!!!

Archived