Yellowstone Mafia - Town wins!

bcb1213

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

so you think it is more respectful to the host to play and not read your PM vs simply not signing up at all?  that seems like an odd stance

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I don't read my PM because if I know my alignment, I'll play too tight one way or another - if I'm scum, I'll play too tight and expose myself immediately and if I'm town I'll play too loose. Here - where I don't know anything - I'm looking through a looking glass, free of any bias my role brings to the thread.

Just now, ET80 said:
8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

so you think it is more respectful to the host to play and not read your PM vs simply not signing up at all?  that seems like an odd stance

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I don't read my PM because if I know my alignment, I'll play too tight one way or another - if I'm scum, I'll play too tight and expose myself immediately and if I'm town I'll play too loose. Here - where I don't know anything - I'm looking through a looking glass, free of any bias my role brings to the thread.

so you are fine with being selfish and disrespectful to the host??

great for you if that helps you justify it in your own mind

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I thought it was weird you were adamant there would not be that many

So if we assume 12-4 Ratio

And people are telling the truth

We have 4 Ranch Hands

And then 6 main town characters

That leaves only 2 non ranch hands 

Who else has flipped town, Matts was Jake a Wrangler 

Now we are down to 1 non main character/Ranch hand role left 

This doesnt seem likley

We look closely at Pickles lynch and we see Pickle is the one who stopped it in the writeup, which is consistent with a pardon. I would assume if its a godfather or deathproof he would be beat to death or something and not be killed or written more clearly that he can't be killed yet (obviously varies host to host)

So pickle would be the last off main guy

So everyone else is scum...possible

Again does not seem likley. Most likley is a Ranch hand is a cover role...find the imposter imo

6 minutes ago, Dome said:

I’ve tried this angle. He doesn’t care.

This is also true. But I'm in that awkward stage of needing another drink and about to go to sleep so I'll inulge today.

But your efforts in the past have been admirable.

Just now, squire12 said:

so you are fine with being selfish and disrespectful to the host??

Am I? How many inactive deaths do we have per game? At least I'm chiming in in-thread. That's more than many people who have read their PMs multiple times in this game.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

so, you are thinking that the ranch hands have the most likely chance of being cover roles?   

I feel @bcb1213is a veteran enough host to vary that cover role options up across the spectrum of characters to the point that it would be a null piece of info in the end

scoundrel Colby
nacho Lloyd Pierce
Orca Monica
raves Kayce
pickle Lynelle Perry
squire Avery
TK3  
ET  
Dome  
TL  
Hokie  

Disagree, you can't have a Dutton or Rip be a cover role. Too easy for mafia to win. And no way do they have a Godfather/deathproof plus that 

Its like in a game where you have a couple crewmen that are vanilla and you tell Mafia thats their cover role, but here you also get a specific name not generic so its tougher to decide in that scenario 

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I've explained my logic on who I think is who. I can't do anything if your only logic in not listening to me is "he didn't read his PM".

Whatever happened to thread play? Basing your decisions on a persons actions in-thread? I've explained my rationale on Scoundrel and Orca, and if your only response is "you can't be right because you don't know your own role" then understand you're not really following any sort of actual logic.

The premise of the whole god damned game is the informed minority vs the uninformed majority!

Thread play is based on that premise! One cannot gate someone's actions in-thread without that premise! You essentially want to be an observer but an observer doesn't play the game, he observes. Everyone else in this game needs to evaluate you just as much as you evaluate them.

But no... everyone has to play the exact same way in your world.

No, in my world people actually play the game. I'm perfectly fine with people playing differently, so long as they're actually playing.