Yellowstone Mafia - Town wins!

bcb1213

15 minutes ago, The Orca said:

But after D2 you completely ignored your read of Nacho and Scoundrel without much of a change in the game or your reasoning 

Yeah, I had zero traction or support. Others claimed that it was "just normal Scoundrel behavior", and my attention shifted to the Nacho/Tk3/swoosh trio. (Which I was also wrong about. Because I suck.)

But, think about it: if I had my way, Scoundrel would've been the D2 vote. I pushed - hard - to make that happen. How would that make sense? Why would scum do that?

They wouldn't. They'd remain quiet, ignore each other and stagger their votes in the exact way that ET and Pickle have all game.

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I just don't understand why town would want to play this, get this far and ignore obvious reads. swoosh called out ET and Pickle early in this game, and scum got rid of him quickly.

Here's something that will blow your mind.  If a town is going after scum, they can purposely let them live and say "If I was scum I would've already killed them" and if town is going after town, scum can also kill that player and then later say "Hey you see how this person kept going after these players and was killed, obviously it was scum trying to protect themselves."  If it was ET or Pickle as scum, I don't see them using the fact that swoosh was targeting as a reason to kill him, especially since neither were ever really in danger of being voted.

5 minutes ago, Raves said:

Here's something that will blow your mind.  If a town is going after scum, they can purposely let them live and say "If I was scum I would've already killed them" and if town is going after town, scum can also kill that player and then later say "Hey you see how this person kept going after these players and was killed, obviously it was scum trying to protect themselves."  If it was ET or Pickle as scum, I don't see them using the fact that swoosh was targeting as a reason to kill him, especially since neither were ever really in danger of being voted.

And, when they both flip scum, your response will be...

1 minute ago, Raves said:

And when you win the game as scum your response will be?

Raves.

This is my very first full game of Mafia. I started this game by voting away from the pack and hitting a town character (bucs), then accusing Scoundrel, Nacho, swoosh and Tk3 of all being scummy, then leading the voting charge against squire (which I still don't regret), before giving my vote away to Tk3 for the following day.

I have no clue what I'm doing here.

So, if you think I really did this... that I was able to manipulate this entire thing, along with the guy that I tried to have eliminated early on... so be it. I'm flattered. It's just... it's a bad take. It's not rooted in realism.

Good players in this game identified ET and Pickle early due to subtle scummy behavior. These guys are STILL manipulating the town that remain. And, if you let them win, they'll be sure to let you hear about it.

It's just... it's painfully obvious. But whatever. If you want them to play you, there's nothing we can really do.

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Raves.

This is my very first full game of Mafia. I started this game by voting away from the pack and hitting a town character (bucs), then accusing Scoundrel, Nacho, swoosh and Tk3 of all being scummy, then leading the voting charge against squire (which I still don't regret), before giving my vote away to Tk3 for the following day.

I have no clue what I'm doing here.

So, if you think I really did this... that I was able to manipulate this entire thing, along with the guy that I tried to have eliminated early on... so be it. I'm flattered. It's just... it's a bad take. It's not rooted in realism.

Good players in this game identified ET and Pickle early due to subtle scummy behavior. These guys are STILL manipulating the town that remain. And, if you let them win, they'll be sure to let you hear about it.

It's just... it's painfully obvious. But whatever. If you want them to play you, there's nothing we can really do.

I've played enough to not give a damn what people say anymore.