Preseason Week 2: Packers vs Jets

ThatJerkDave

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Me too. I was pounding the table for us to draft Garvin even higher than the 7th. 

I recently re-watched some Ka'dar Hollman college tape.  Now if there is something that I fall for every time, it is fast, and good sized CBs from non-power 5 schools.  I was big on DRC, who was like the only one that ever worked out, and been burned like 30 other times.  I LOVE the idea of Ka'dar Hollman.  Then I watched some cut-ups of a few games of his as a senior...  Ouch.  He gave up a lot of plays, and almost never helped tackle anyone, he seemed to look to avoid contact.  

I will have to go check if I can find that for Garvin.  His highlights sure looked like he could be really good.  I don't think he has looked bad for the Packers so far, but it hasn't been good either.  It seems that he can beat the tackle, but not before the QB releases the ball.  He can hold up against the run, but he doesn't ever make the play.  That is an interesting battle because I still feel that Garvin has the inside track, but if any of them can make some plays they probably jump to the top of the heap.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I'm actually bummed Dalton is looking this terrible because I don't think even Nagy can be dumb enough at this point to start him over Fields.

I think they're going to force the issue until they don't have a choice.  They're gonna go like 1-4 in the first 5 games, and they'll get a quarter into the sixth game before Fields comes in and gets a comeback win.  Unfortunately, he's gonna flop after that.

7 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I'd say Fields starting Week 1 should be a lock but the Bears are pretty dumb. They decided to keep both Nagy and Pace again after all

Nevermind just realized the Bears with their crappy OL have to face Aaron Donald Week 1. Definitely should start Dalton in that game