Matt Lafleur's Offense

ChaRisMa

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

You mean it wasn't a 20 second video saying "Rodgers blows and everything is his fault."  GASP

I guess this guy with all his facts, common sense, and the All-22 is nothing but a hero worshipper

When the most positive Rodgers coverage coming out of a week is, "Veteran QB fails to successfully read defenses", you know the guy had a truly **** week.

The examples picked here were examples where things happened that were interesting schematically. There were plenty of examples of Rodgers just sucking. 

22 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

When the most positive Rodgers coverage coming out of a week is, "Veteran QB fails to successfully read defenses", you know the guy had a truly **** week.

The examples picked here were examples where things happened that were interesting schematically. There were plenty of examples of Rodgers just sucking. 

I guess we came away with a different general synopsis. I have no doubt he left plays on the field. And if a video becomes available, I'll be the first in line to watch it. Up to now all there's been is "I just watched the tv feed and I told you he sucks" from fans who will say that regardless what he does. Which is hilarious considering the season he just completed.

Edited by cannondale

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I guess we came away with a different general synopsis. I have no doubt he left plays on the field. And if a video becomes available, I'll be the first in line to watch it. Up to now all there's been is "I just watched the tv feed and I told you he sucks" from fans who will say that regardless what he does. 

@MrBobGray has made plenty of commentary based on the All-22. Even without the All-22 there were plenty of examples of straight busted plays from Rodgers. Late to Jones on the mesh concept on 3rd down to start the game was just the easiest example to see. 

14 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

@MrBobGray has made plenty of commentary based on the All-22. Even without the All-22 there were plenty of examples of straight busted plays from Rodgers. Late to Jones on the mesh concept on 3rd down to start the game was just the easiest example to see. 

Yep. He was a single beat late on that. Never seen so much attention given to a 5 yard crosser. Props to MBG but you know I don't do single freeze frames. Especially isolated freeze frames. We had a very constructive discussion years ago regarding one of those that was an All-22

Edited by cannondale

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Yep. He was a single beat late on that. Never seen so much attention given to a 5 yard crosser. Props to MBG but you know I don't do freeze frames. Especially isolated freeze frames. We had a very constructive discussion years ago regarding one of those that was an All-22

NFL football is a game of inches and split seconds. 

Excusing missing your primary read by a second on a crucial 3rd down mistake is a classic example of being an unapologetic homer, and you're being a massive Rodgers homer by attempting to direct any criticism of his performance onto anyone else. 

Two dumbass interceptions don't lie. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

NFL football is a game of inches and split seconds. 

Excusing missing your primary read by a second on a crucial 3rd down mistake is a classic example of being an unapologetic homer, and you're being a massive Rodgers homer by attempting to direct any criticism of his performance onto anyone else. 

Two dumbass interceptions don't lie. 

I'm being a massive homer, yet you are calling a 5 yard crosser in the first quarter crucial ??

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yes, in an NFL football game, you get ten-ish drives. Setting one on fire is a very crucial mistake. 

Doubling down with the "setting one on fire" reference ?  In a way you are arguing my point for me. You're pissed that Rodgers wasn't perfect, because Rodgers has to be perfect or they lose. As I said before, the NFL average for punts per game is 3.7. 

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Doubling down with the "setting one on fire" reference ?  In a way you are arguing my point for me. You're pissed that Rodgers wasn't perfect, because Rodgers has to be perfect or they lose. As I said before, the NFL average for punts per game is 3.7. 

Rodgers doesn't have to perfect. Rodgers has to not suck. And he sucked. 

Rodgers played for 7 drives, far fewer than the average.

In those 7 drives, we punted 3 times, Rodgers threw 2 picks, and we turned it over on downs on one of his throws. We also got an end of half Field Goal. 

What part of that doesn't sound like sucking to you?

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Rodgers doesn't have to perfect. Rodgers has to not suck. And he sucked. 

Rodgers played for 7 drives, far fewer than the average.

In those 7 drives, we punted 3 times, Rodgers threw 2 picks, and we turned it over on downs on one of his throws. We also got an end of half Field Goal. 

What part of that doesn't sound like sucking to you?

It does suck. They were also down 17-0 by the time he touched the ball for the 3rd time. And I would have hoped that you, of all people here, would at least acknowledge that crucial tidbit. If not, you're not as smart as I thought you were. I guess you could say the defense set 3 crucial drives on fire to open the game.

Edited by cannondale

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

As much of a goof as Finley is, I'll never understand the idea that criticism of Rodgers offseason, work ethic, and dedication are out of bounds this season.

If you blow off OTAs and instead post pictures of yourself vacationing in Hawaii, people are justified in criticizing and questioning you. You can't have it both ways. 

• Like 1

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

As much of a goof as Finley is, I'll never understand the idea that criticism of Rodgers offseason, work ethic, and dedication are out of bounds this season.

If you blow off OTAs and instead post pictures of yourself vacationing in Hawaii, people are justified in criticizing and questioning you. You can't have it both ways. 

For sure, if there was ever a year for it, this would be the time to listen. Unfortunately he's been talking about Rodgers for a long time and it's always made the same people mad, they sure as hell aren't going to listen now.

After AR's gone a while, especially if he doesn't win another one here, it's going to be interesting how that group progresses. I'm guessing they'll start to turn a bit, if not a ton, like with Favre, but right now he can still do zero wrong.

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

For sure, if there was ever a year for it, this would be the time to listen. Unfortunately he's been talking about Rodgers for a long time and it's always made the same people mad, they sure as hell aren't going to listen now.

After AR's gone a while, especially if he doesn't win another one here, it's going to be interesting how that group progresses. I'm guessing they'll start to turn a bit, if not a ton, like with Favre, but right now he can still do zero wrong.

I don't think anyone here thinks that. That's just the immediate re-buttle from those that think he can do zero right. Almost as if he wasn't MVP and QB the No.1 offense last year. His time will end soon enough, and as someone who lived thru the 70's and 80's, be careful what you wish for.

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

I don't think anyone here thinks that. That's just the immediate re-buttle from those that think he can do zero right. Almost as if he wasn't MVP and QB the No.1 offense last year. His time will end soon enough, and as someone who lived thru the 70's and 80's, be careful what you wish for.

The issue is he can go from the MVP, into.......that, whenever he feels like it. I would have sworn I would also say he is the best I'd ever seen do it, and I might still have that opinion tbh. But something is just different with him in some ways. We've been over this enough though, but yeah, it just doesn't ever feel like the team can rally behind him like some teams do for other QBs and it gets old. Maybe that's not his fault at all and he's the biggest victim of circumstance around him, but I think a bunch of it has to be his attitude/demeanor, etc. He got no help the other day, but he didn't help any either. That's all I guess I've felt all along.