Matt Lafleur's Offense

ChaRisMa

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

For as much hype as there was around Deguara in this offense and with MLF, his play has been disappointing on the surface.

Not saying it hasn't happened, but I can't remember one time where I've seen him do something and think, "That's why we drafted him."

Was there that much hype? I felt like it was more yawning than hyping myself

Just now, Norm said:

Was there that much hype? I felt like it was more yawning than hyping myself

I remember a lot of us selling ourselves on him as an H-back that knows the MLF system and would be a weapon.

Probably trying to talk ourselves into why we were perceived to have reached for him in the third round.

Point being, he should be a weapon like the FB in San Francisco with a name I can't type.

Instead, he's been invisible when on the field.  Which hasn't been all that often over his first year and a half.  

The trade off to me is that it does take tight ends time to get the NFL game down and make an impact.  I put that around 3 years, so there is still time for Deguara.  

I just thought MLF would utilize him and his movement skills more than we have.

16 hours ago, vegas492 said:

For as much hype as there was around Deguara in this offense and with MLF, his play has been disappointing on the surface.

Not saying it hasn't happened, but I can't remember one time where I've seen him do something and think, "That's why we drafted him."

He had some flashes last season including one where he got out on the edge and took out two defenders on one block. It may have been a right place, right time kind of thing but it was a thing of beauty. Then injury cut his season and development short.

This year, he hasn’t been able to get to his assignment or hasn’t been able to execute when there. I don’t think he was overhyped, but there was hope he could play that Juszcyk? role that really is an impressive feature of what they run in SF. I’m still hopeful the young player will grow and show us something. 

19 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I remember a lot of us selling ourselves on him as an H-back that knows the MLF system and would be a weapon.

Probably trying to talk ourselves into why we were perceived to have reached for him in the third round.

Point being, he should be a weapon like the FB in San Francisco with a name I can't type.

Instead, he's been invisible when on the field.  Which hasn't been all that often over his first year and a half.  

The trade off to me is that it does take tight ends time to get the NFL game down and make an impact.  I put that around 3 years, so there is still time for Deguara.  

I just thought MLF would utilize him and his movement skills more than we have.

I really think the injuries at the O-line has slowed us up on doing some of the things we want to do on offense. Not saying that is the sole reason for Deguara, but I am excited to see this offense with our line back at full force. 

I agree that Deguara was a reach.

However, it became evident last years draft was MLF’s draft. He got three wishes and came away with Love, Dillon, Deguara, plus 3 OL including Runyan all in the 6th.

You can’t discount Deguaras potential value though. We want the best athletic tight end / h back group in the league—it’s a sneaky way to continually create mismatches.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

This has been extremely noticeable and hopefully something they can fix. Everyone wants Rodgers to work on time but we're not seeing guys getting open, especially in the PA game, at the rate they were in 2020.

Maybe some will now begin to understand what MVS does for the Packers offense.