Bojack Horseman mafia: Mafia wins!

Malfatron

I don't want town to be conflicted on this. If you aren't going to vote me today, you need to believe that 1) I'm town, and 2) there's a scum roleblock. (sanchez's use of his ability N1 was big for town. We have to trust him, for now at least.) If you can't be sure on either of those, voting me is the correct choice. If voting me provides town with clarity on those, I'm a reasonable sacrifice.

Two lingering questions:

1. sanchez: was the verbage the exact same from N1 to N2?

2. Dome: anything on this? I know you had some way to corroborate sanchez's N1 ability, if even loosely.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Is that mistake better or worse than killing a doctor? 

Much better. It's certainly not egregious, and at some point if you're faced with a "claim or die", you claim, but you have almost 12 hours before that's the case. It's not the worst play in the world, but there's rarely a reason to show your cards unless you absolutely have to. JMHO

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Classic lawyer spinning things and looking for an out as opposed to the rationale WHY, trying to flip the pressure. You implicated that I wasn't reading and had missed things in thread. I directly quoted you, insinuated why that wasn't the case, and you were completely quiet, meaning that you're manufacturing the implication so as to appear to scum hunt without actually hunting at all. 

As opposed to "noting" it, you should actually push it if you believed that was the case. That's what Town Daniel does...he does his due diligence and provides copious quotes with a running commentary. 

So then let's break this down.  I float you as someone whose possibly scum.  You then turn around, after making no mention of me as a suspect prior to this, make me your top scum read, vote for me, and now the logic you give is the exact reason I had you on my short list?

Because that's definitely what it looks like.  And attacking your attacker is a standard scum tell.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I Guess If You Say So GIF

...you have a point

And I may be giving them crap and joking at their expense with the good player crap, but I do find them each capable players and will target them individually at times depending on how they are doing in game. Taking them out  back to back is a little too cute for my liking

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

So then let's break this down. 

Let's do it. First glance your "break this down" is super lazy and classic lawyer double talk.

I float you as someone whose possibly scum.  You then turn around, after making no mention of me as a suspect prior to this, make me your top scum read, vote for me, and now the logic you give is the exact reason I had you on my short list?

Incorrect. I don't care that you had me as a scum read, I care about WHY you had me as a scum read. Let's go back and look:

17 hours ago, Daniel said:

MWil on my watch list too: he's missed some things in the thread, enough to where it seems he's not really reading, just skimming to appear active, and following.

Please, do tell what I've missed in thread. Have I missed them and it's apparent, or have I not pointed them out, because there's a huge difference.

You know what this is? This is a vague generality and unsubstantiated claim, which flies in the face of your normal town due diligence and play-style, which is to give quality in depth analysis, with a running commentary. At best, this is lazy, and at worst, this is you camouflaging your complete lack of willingness to scum hunt, and arbitrarily throwing out names and manufactured meta analysis. 

Because that's definitely what it looks like. 

You burying your head in the sand and willfully discarding my WHY on three separate occasions is absolutely hilarious.

And attacking your attacker is a standard scum tell.

It's a meta thing in combination of why you wouldn't further extrapolate now for the third time, despite my repeated encouragement for you to do so.

The whole "attacking your attacker" thing is so standard of a scum tell that really only newbies do it early in games...especially on something so seemingly minute.

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

And I may be giving them crap and joking at their expense with the good player crap, but I do find them each capable players and will target them individually at times depending on how they are doing in game. Taking them out  back to back is a little too cute for my liking

I get this, but the irony here is undeniable, especially in light of their flips (or lack thereof based upon relatively whatever abilities that aren't major town power roles).

Don't have time to get into it now.  And I'm not particularly worried about pushing you at the moment, since Sanchez potentially has an ability result.  So no, I'm not obligated to extrapolate my claim now.  I can, and will later if there's not a better candidate, but the amount of overreaction and panic at just being listed is pretty telling for you IMO.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Don't have time to get into it now.  And I'm not particularly worried about pushing you at the moment, since Sanchez potentially has an ability result.  So no, I'm not obligated to extrapolate my claim now.  I can, and will later if there's not a better candidate, but the amount of overreaction and panic at just being listed is pretty telling for you IMO.

sanchez posted his ability result. He tried to use his ability on me and it failed.

18 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Don't have time to get into it now.  And I'm not particularly worried about pushing you at the moment, since Sanchez potentially has an ability result.

This made me laugh

18 hours ago, Daniel said:

MWil on my watch list too: he's missed some things in the thread, enough to where it seems he's not really reading, just skimming to appear active, and following.

This is the definition of irony

20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

So no, I'm not obligated to extrapolate my claim now.  I can, and will later if there's not a better candidate, but the amount of overreaction and panic at just being listed is pretty telling for you IMO.

You aren't obligated to do anything, but the burden of proof is on you, counselor. You made a baseless accusation, and it's completely transparent you are literally guilty of what you just accused me of. As for panic...that's actually funny.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It's a meta thing in combination of why you wouldn't further extrapolate now for the third time, despite my repeated encouragement for you to do so.

The whole "attacking your attacker" thing is so standard of a scum tell that really only newbies do it early in games...especially on something so seemingly minute.

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

Oooo extrapolate. Daniel breaking out the college words over there 

I feel cheated. I said it first. 

cm punk wwe GIF

• Like 1

A note:

Something I recall feeling strangely scummy from D1 was someone (Hokie, upon research) offering jason an opportunity to move his vote for a 3 way tie at the top late in D1 (between jason, Daniel and Matts). Now, I have never had the opportunity to be scum. From my perspective, that seems like something that would be far more damaging to town than scum, as scum could easily just move their votes off of the scum on that list, if one was, to manipulate the vote against town. Losing three town D1 would be a brutal blow to town.

In addition, scum killed Pickle N1. Pickle was all over Hokie D1.

Would that be too obvious? Probably. Just found that whole thing interesting.

So: Hokie. If my rationale here is flawed, I'd like to hear it.