CFB Week 1 Game Thread

ramssuperbowl99

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

He had a loaded group of talent around him. He's barely 6 ft (yes I know he's listed at 6'1") and his arm isn't overly impressive. A lot of people wanna believe he can be Baker Mayfield but I don't, nor have I ever, really seen it. He's going to fall behind guys like Ridder and Strong in no time due to their physical abilities compared to his.

I really think everyone underrated those RBs last season which definitely helped. You're spot on about his physical limitations and who he reminds me of but I see a poor man's Baker and that's not going to get it done in the league. Chase Daniel. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I really think everyone underrated those RBs last season which definitely helped. You're spot on about his physical limitations and who he reminds me of but I see a poor man's Baker and that's not going to get it done in the league. Chase Daniel. 

LIS, he lost Newsome and Brown at WR too. That's nothing to scoff at when it's a school like UNC. They are starting to recruit really well but they aren't quite there yet where they can reload quick. I've always thought he was a product of the talent around him more so than elevating the talent.

Still not convinced that was a pick.

That was a really badly coached last 6 minutes from NC. Going for it on fourth from inside your 30 with 3 timeouts and a defence playing well was a horrible call, regardless of whether they picked it up, twice. The clock management was terrible.

VT deserve their win anyway, but bad coaching cost us an ever better finish.