Practice Squad Roster

ARTMONK HOF

Just now, theskawks said:

There is no way Samuel is playing. He missed practice yesterday and all week due to a setback on the groin injury.

He returned to practice today, moreso than the others. Officially listed as questionable so we will see. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, offbyone said:

This is a weird post.  AGG has earned his spot on the bench.  When used in actual games he has been a liability so far.  Look at his stats from last year: 7 Targets, 1 reception.  Plus he is a horrible blocker.  Plus he has struggled to stay healthy.

He showed a bit this pre-season, but pre-season doesn't exactly count.  At this point all AGG has shown is unreliability.

You missed the part where we had been through all this. Yes, you recite last years stats, but did you know he played in only 8 games, and over half them he only played 12 snaps or less? No one is going to produce with that kind of usage, you need to be realistic. It's not like he played 16 games at 75%+ of snaps.

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

He returned to practice today, moreso than the others. Officially listed as questionable so we will see. 

Honestly, best of luck to him, but I do not think that is a smart move. Would definitely like to see him rest and heal a little more.

1 hour ago, theskawks said:

You missed the part where we had been through all this. Yes, you recite last years stats, but did you know he played in only 8 games, and over half them he only played 12 snaps or less? No one is going to produce with that kind of usage, you need to be realistic. It's not like he played 16 games at 75%+ of snaps.

Yes, he could not stay healthy or produce when he got chances.  If this staff weren't the people who drafted him I very doubt he would still be on the team.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, theskawks said:

Honestly, best of luck to him, but I do not think that is a smart move. Would definitely like to see him rest and heal a little more.

Samuel was held out of practice to rest and for precautionary reasons, plus it had been raining in the DC area so they didn’t want to play him on wet grass and risk him making the injury worse.

14 minutes ago, theskawks said:

FINALLY. If you have 4 healthy wideouts, why not do this? Good to see them not completely give up on him yet. :)

For the millionth time, Washington has never given up on AGG. We just had other players who were better than him on the depth chart. If our depth chart looked as crappy as it did last year w/o Curtis Samuel & w/o our 3rd round pick Dyami Brown, AGG would’ve made the original 53 man roster.

I’m happy he’s going to be on the 53 man roster but, I’m not sure if he’ll be active tomorrow bc we have Terry, Samuel, Humphries & Carter still ahead of him. I guess AGG will be the #5 WR tomorrow, so maybe he will be active but I think he’ll be playing special teams and not get any snaps on offense.

FUN FACT: Here are the numbers compared between mid-round WFT rookie WRs and usage through their first 5 weeks in NFL:

DYAMI- 176 snaps, 47 total yds, 14 targets

AGG- 63 snaps, 25 total yds, 3 targets

Look, I'm not saying AGG is some great player that needs to be a starter. But clearly, they are giving Dyami much more oppurtunity then they ever did AGG. All I'm saying is he deserves more chances. Maybe he's the 4th/5th receiver but he lines up in a situational red zone play and gets a target. How many RZ targets has he had, 0? That's called zero opportunity.

20 hours ago, theskawks said:

FUN FACT: Here are the numbers compared between mid-round WFT rookie WRs and usage through their first 5 weeks in NFL:

DYAMI- 176 snaps, 47 total yds, 14 targets

AGG- 63 snaps, 25 total yds, 3 targets

Look, I'm not saying AGG is some great player that needs to be a starter. But clearly, they are giving Dyami much more oppurtunity then they ever did AGG. All I'm saying is he deserves more chances. Maybe he's the 4th/5th receiver but he lines up in a situational red zone play and gets a target. How many RZ targets has he had, 0? That's called zero opportunity.

1. Dyami is better.

2. AGG got hurt last year twice and missed all but 6 games & he didn’t even finish two of those games.

3. I absolutely loathe the idea of not playing a WR for 80 yards of the field & then taking a starting WR out in the red zone & trying to have chemistry with a #4 or 5 WR to try and score. It absolutely makes zero sense.

4. AGG is getting zero opportunities bc we have 6 other WRs who are better then him. Yesterday our #6 WR - DeAndre Carter - had 4 catches for 62 yards, a 15.5 ypc average & would've had 6 recs for 125 yards & 2 TDs if Heinicke was more accurate yesterday.

Edited by turtle28

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

AGG is not good. That’s really all there is to it. Kelvin Harmon is unequivocally better at the position. If they had drafted Harmon he would’ve been called up instead.

Yep, I 100% agree with that oh, and by the way I still think they should move AGG or Harmon to TE, preferably Harmon bc he’s already a good blocker.

Edited by turtle28

20 hours ago, turtle28 said:

4. AGG is getting zero opportunities bc we have 6 other WRs who are better then him. Yesterday our #6 WR - DeAndre Carter - had 4 catches for 62 yards, a 15.5 ypc average & would've had 6 recs for 125 yards & 2 TDs if Heinicke was more accurate yesterday.

You want to go into numbers telling me why so and so is better, when I just gave you the numbers of AGG averaging more yards per snap then Dyami in both of their first 5 games. (AGG wasn't hurt in those 5 games, even if he was, that would make it more impressive), then you're just like "Dyami is better". F*ck off. If he's better, then let's see it, I haven't seen him do ****. He did as much as AGG has done this far in last year.