MNF GDT Week 1: Ravens @ Raiders

NYRaider

Who wins/  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Ravens

2 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

dont underestimate Lamar's ability to be a one man wrecking crew. all i know is any time they run a zone read or RPO, i would just have the free defender play it as if lamar is keeping it, every time. keep the ball out of his hands as much as possible, plus you can land some free shots if he hands it off

I absolutely wouldn’t underestimate, and I agree with you 100%!

As long as they can somewhat contain Lamar running, we should be in this game until the final seconds. Lamar isn’t the greatest passer but he’s certainly not horrible, and our secondary is bad. If we can contain Lamar running, this game will be close, but still could go either way. 

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

dont underestimate Lamar's ability to be a one man wrecking crew.

This is a trap game for sure, everyone is getting their hopes up because they've lost some guys to injuries but I think they're going to come out and try to make a statement against us. 

Lamar's passing stats in week 1 as the starter: 

2020: 20/25 for 275 yards, 3 TD/0 INT

2019: 17/20 for 324 yards, 5 TD/0 INT

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

As long as they can somewhat contain Lamar running, we should be in this game until the final seconds. Lamar isn’t the greatest passer but he’s certainly not horrible, and our secondary is bad. If we can contain Lamar running, this game will be close, but still could go either way. 

In week 1 games Lamar is 37/45 for 600 yards with 8 TD/0 INT. 

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Our secondary WAS bad but we don't know how its going to be like this year. One thing for sure: if Lamar Jackson is able to pass all over us next Monday will know exactly how bad our secondary is

9 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Our secondary WAS bad but we don't know how its going to be like this year. One thing for sure: if Lamar Jackson is able to pass all over us next Monday will know exactly how bad our secondary is

Lamar has lit teams up week one in both of the last two seasons, think both teams came in so contain him as a runner it left a lot of guys open. The two best passing games of his career were week 1 last year against Cleveland and week 1 the previous year against Miami, lol.

8 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Secondary isn’t that good on paper, but it could surprise for sure. Heyward is a question mark, usually great but was awful last year. Was it age/losing speed? Or was it injury? We’ll find out in the first month or two. Mullen is also a question mark. Absolutely phenomenal first half of the season last year, and one of the worst corners in the league in the second half. Arnette has not showed promise in any way as of yet. Moehrig is a rookie. And Abram, out of 64 starting safeties last year, was probably Bottom 5. Could he make the next leap, since he is still so young? It’s certainly possible, but my optimism isn’t quite there. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Secondary isn’t that good on paper, but it could surprise for sure. Heyward is a question mark, usually great but was awful last year. Was it age/losing speed? Or was it injury? We’ll find out in the first month or two. Mullen is also a question mark. Absolutely phenomenal first half of the season last year, and one of the worst corners in the league in the second half. Arnette has not showed promise in any way as of yet. Moehrig is a rookie. And Abram, out of 64 starting safeties last year, was probably Bottom 5. Could he make the next leap, since he is still so young? It’s certainly possible, but my optimism isn’t quite there. 

We're also implementing a new scheme and none of our starters really played in the preseason. Hollywood Brown, Sammy Watkins, and Mark Andrews all provide different challenges.

Edited by NYRaider

21 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

With Casey Hayward what we do know if he's been slow this whole time.

With everything else you said that's why I said was bad last year rather than said is bad